fiduciary

Author Topic: The Luxeon Star Quads have been released. (Just let the other post die)  (Read 34237 times)

Offline Quip

• No Force
    • Luxeon Star LEDs
Figured this was easier and neater then updating the OP in the other thread.

The Quads were rolled out earlier this morning. The links are still being setup, so the site is a little difficult to navigate at the moment (will be sorted out shortly). EDIT: Everything is built to order at this point. Quantities show as "No Stock", but they are still available to be ordered.

http://www.luxeonstar.com/Rebel-23mm-Round-Quad-LED-Assemblies-s/390.htm

The custom lenses can be found at the link below... Please note: These lenses cannot be found via traditional navigation on the site. They we're designed specifically for you guys, and so you have to have the link in order to get to their page.

http://www.luxeonstar.com/Khatod-10-23mm-Narrow-Beam-Quad-Optic-p/pl115106-m.htm

A finalized datasheet is available on on each page, or at the link below:

http://www.luxeonstar.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/sr-08.pdf

And lastly (but certainly not least), the customs page:

http://www.luxeonstar.com/Any-4-Rebel-LEDs-Mounted-On-A-23mm-Quad-LED-Base-p/sr-08-custom.htm

There was some talk of sending out a couple for early review, but we've decided to release this week instead. As usual, feedback is always appreciated. I hope these new assemblies prove useful to your craft. I look forward to working with you guys more in the future. I know that the stuff (about which I am forbidden to discuss) coming down the pipe will really take sabers to the next level.

Next up, I think we'll be taking another look at the feasibility of a 6up with a 20mm footprint... As always, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers !

Quip.

EDIT
Pre-Cut, Thermal Adhesive Tape for 23mm Quad CoolBase LEDs
http://www.luxeonstar.com/Pre-Cut-Thermal-Adhesive-Tape-for-Quad-LEDs-12-p/lxt-sr08-12.htm
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:15:42 AM by JANGO FETT »

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
Woot! Going to have to get some of these over to my install guy so I can try em out :)

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
Great news!
I cant wait to see some reviews start to pop up in the coming weeks.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
WOOHOO!  ;D

Quip I see them listed as "no stock" so either they've all sold out since morning or stock hasn't been added yet, either way Congratulations on the launch, Thank You especially for the special 23mm optics link, and I very much look forward to ordering a few days when they are in stock.

Now where oh where to start with custom configurations...hmmmmm the possibilities for these are endless eh?  :D

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
The trirebel are listed as no stock. They are made to order. These are  the same.  ;)

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
I kinow thats the case with the custom configs, I meant that the normal same-colour configs for the Quads are all listed as "no stock" but due in a couple days...whereas the Tri-Stars in normal same-colours do show varying "x-in stock" quantities so I assume the same would apply for the normal colour Quads? I'm not complaining and don't mind waiting the couple more days if thats the case...just eager to try these. :D
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
Someone reviews these now!
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
Someone reviews these now!
It's kind of hard to do that when no one has any in hand yet.  :D

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Not only that, but the set up is very spendy :D.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
True but I remember when I started in this hobby the Luxeon V was just new and 3x more expensive than the Lux III that was then 'standard' for sabers but once reviews came in it soon became apparent the increased cost was well worth it for the gains in brightness and I think there is similar potential with these. I'm not suggesting these will be everybody's choice for every saber...afterall the Lux III continued to be used once Lux V sabers appeared and more recently P4s continued to be used after LEDEngin 10W sabers appeared so I suspect the P4s, LEDEngins, single rebels, tri-rebels/crees etc will continue to be popular and not only because of price...but this is a great new option for high quality sabers.

Yes its not cheap so this poor Jedi says Thank The Force [or rather Thank You Luxeon Star] for the very appreciated introductory pricing discount.

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
Not only that, but the set up is very spendy :D.

^^QFT^^

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
Gosh guys, I'm just excited to see these! Now all of a sudden I have Jedi masters jumping down my throat!  ;)
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Quip

• No Force
    • Luxeon Star LEDs
WOOHOO!  ;D

Quip I see them listed as "no stock" so either they've all sold out since morning or stock hasn't been added yet, either way Congratulations on the launch, Thank You especially for the special 23mm optics link, and I very much look forward to ordering a few days when they are in stock.

Now where oh where to start with custom configurations...hmmmmm the possibilities for these are endless eh?  :D

They are indeed available. Built to order, same as the tris.

We'll be doing the same as custom tris in regards to the mounting fee... If an assembly has been created before, then we will featured it in the Predefined Quad section (http://www.luxeonstar.com/Predefined-Rebel-Quad-LEDs-s/436.htm), where it will be available minus the $25 fee... There are none as of now, but as different combinations are created it will become populated with options. It won't be long before some sought after colour combinations can be had there.

Also, if anyone sees a review, if you could post it here I'd be very appreciative ! This has all been very interesting, I have to admit. I had no idea that you guys could make such realistic looking sabers... Top notch ! I really hope these work well, and that we can create some more neat stuff to improve the hobby.

Offline GreyJedi

• Master Force User
So what combo would be best to make full use of the new CF6 color selector?

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
I would guess that depends on what you're going for with it,  Galen.  I'd like to try one of these out myself,  but I'm a bit short on funds at the moment.

retrousse