fiduciary

Author Topic: A little bit of pre-release info about Luxeon Star's new Quad assembly.  (Read 2597 times)

Offline DarthRaevus

• Master Force User
  • Friendly neighborhood machinist...
I think its awesome that the top of the data sheet says: " ideally suited for:boring thing, flashlight, boring thing, LIGHTSABERS, boring thing, etc...." haha, very cool :D

Offline Quip

• No Force
    • Luxeon Star LEDs
Thank You Quip for that VERY interesting preliminary datasheet...my first impression is identical to Luminara's; "phenomenal" possibilities for our hobby with these.

Ari-Jaq if I understood the datasheet the wiring is to go through those holes in the center so no need for peripheral wiring divots...which seems *in Obi-Wan voice* "an elegant solution, for a more civilized wiring" eh? Agreed on breaking the "1000 lumen barrier" - imagine the possibilities for these quad-rebels in Cool White for an Imperial Knight saber...hmmm...

Yes MANY interesting possibilities for these methinks...  ;D

Yea, this is correct. It was one of the first things I said when I saw it... "awful small holes to run wires through no?". You simply feed it through and solder the part sticking up. Indeed an elegant solution.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:51:35 PM by Quip »

retrousse