fiduciary

Author Topic: Who on here is in Australia?  (Read 24067 times)

Offline SharkyMcShark

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Who on here is in Australia?
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2016, 01:10:05 AM »
Good to see another Perth enthusiast.

We can whinge about the dollar and shipping times together.

Speaking of which, for those of you that have imported sabers and had the value declared above the $1000 threshold, can you enlighten me on what the process was and how much of a pain in the rear it was?

I've had a couple of high end customs before and ran the gauntlet of under declaring value but as I get older and more cautious I'm of a mind to have my next high end custom insured to the full value so I'd like an idea of the process.

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2016, 05:44:57 PM »

Speaking of which, for those of you that have imported sabers and had the value declared above the $1000 threshold, can you enlighten me on what the process was and how much of a pain in the rear it was?

I've had a couple of high end customs before and ran the gauntlet of under declaring value but as I get older and more cautious I'm of a mind to have my next high end custom insured to the full value so I'd like an idea of the process.
Not sure if this is the mechanics of what you want, but when my Legacy was sent by Acerocket it simply arrived at my PO Box, postage was about $60 (when Aussie dollar was roughly 1:1) and it was insured for $1500. So, no issue with customs (I am in Tassie) or Aus Post in general.

Offline SharkyMcShark

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2016, 07:24:00 PM »

Not sure if this is the mechanics of what you want, but when my Legacy was sent by Acerocket it simply arrived at my PO Box, postage was about $60 (when Aussie dollar was roughly 1:1) and it was insured for $1500. So, no issue with customs (I am in Tassie) or Aus Post in general.

Interesting. When I was in the process of commissioning a DarthAlice Starkiller about 2 years ago I developed the understanding that if you were importing goods with a declared valued in excess of $1000 then there was a tax payable thereon:

Import by post or mail

Offline Aus_Jedi_Killer

• Master Force User
  • You wanna buy some deathsticks? :D
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2016, 06:26:53 AM »
Thunder...
Nuh nuh na na nuh na naaa na
THUNDER!
Hi guys :*

Offline Sithilis

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2016, 07:16:00 AM »
Perth local Here. Really enjoy putting together sabers, so many good parts and hilts available through the community. Working on one of hebbana's r1 hilts at the moment,  first crystal chamber build. FYI don't show any interest in crystals at those hippy shops, I almost walked out of one with a print out of the crystals "spiritual" meaning.

Offline Aus_Jedi_Killer

• Master Force User
  • You wanna buy some deathsticks? :D
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2016, 05:27:45 PM »
@Sithilis NICE and lol! I can't say i've shown interest in one of the hippy shops but... Maybe you need to build a "Hippy" crystal chamber saber complete with print out of the crystal's meaning :D

Offline SharkyMcShark

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2016, 09:25:58 PM »
Perth local Here. Really enjoy putting together sabers, so many good parts and hilts available through the community. Working on one of hebbana's r1 hilts at the moment,  first crystal chamber build. FYI don't show any interest in crystals at those hippy shops, I almost walked out of one with a print out of the crystals "spiritual" meaning.

There's a stall at Freo markets that sells crystals and is the only place I've looked at them where I've not been immediately on the receiving end of an attempted cult induction.

Offline Sithilis

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2016, 11:49:01 PM »
I haven't tried freo yet, but there's an amazing shop in the city, sells all kinds of semi precious crystals. But I found great quarts at a place in East Vic Park for 3 bucks each

retrousse