fiduciary

Author Topic: 3/4" OD polycarb tubing for custom saber  (Read 941 times)

Offline EvilOttoJr

• Padawan Learner
3/4" OD polycarb tubing for custom saber
« on: May 20, 2011, 12:48:46 PM »
I have searched all over this forum and Google for someone who sells polycarbonate tubing in 3/4" OD, to no avail. I know it exists because I've seen lightsabers on YouTube that use it (namely a few custom Luxeon Luke ROTJs which require them to not have a fat neck).

The reason I need this is for my first attempt at putting electronics in a lightsaber. The lightsaber in question is a costum one I've had for years done by a now-defunct company called Randomsabers. They worked exclusively with 3/4" OD colored acrylic blades.
I'd like to put electronics in the one I have, but I can't afford to have it machined out to a 1" ID. Everything else I need should have no issue fitting inside a 3/4" ID since there is to be no sound.

If anyone knows where I can find such tubing, please tell me :)
It can either be clear (in which case please also direct me to where I can get some diffusing film) or translucent white (think Ultrasabers' UltraEdge blade).

Thank you!

Owner of 5 Luxeon Ultrasabers: Archon (green), Nemesis (blue), Elder (orange), and Tempest (red S-curve double blade that detaches into two hilts), and soon to build my own sink tube RGB Luxeon saber!

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Azmaria Dei

• Mistress of the Crumbles
  • Force User
  • In sleep do I find my peace.
Re: 3/4" OD polycarb tubing for custom saber
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 12:51:18 PM »
ahem... try TCSS... you can get clear or trans-white and tips as well as complete blades...

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Blade-Supplies-C14.aspx

Offline EvilOttoJr

• Padawan Learner
Re: 3/4" OD polycarb tubing for custom saber
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 02:00:55 PM »
Man, I can't believe I didn't check there... I've mostly been looking at plastic manufacturing sites and Google didn't turn up anything. And hey, it's pretty cheap too. Guess I'm all set. Thanks everyone!

Mods, please lock, this thread is over.

Owner of 5 Luxeon Ultrasabers: Archon (green), Nemesis (blue), Elder (orange), and Tempest (red S-curve double blade that detaches into two hilts), and soon to build my own sink tube RGB Luxeon saber!

retrousse