fiduciary

Author Topic: Telum Infensus II  (Read 13884 times)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: Telum Infensus II
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 05:43:31 PM »
 :o :o

wow erv nice saber!!

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 12:36:43 AM »
Very cool saber Erv!  And the PLI/keychain is a great addition, very inventive.

Cristar Attevan - You asked about the buttons Erv used on this saber ... I just found some similar momentary buttons at my local Radio Shack.  It was a surprise to me because usually they don't have a good selection of momentary buttons ... but I think these are new.  here are a couple of pics:

yep those are very similar in shape and size, I'm just guessing they're not waterproof but they will for sure do the job. Those I found were just tested once, when I saw them in the farnell catalog, then what I love so much is the fact you press with the the finger tip "pulp" until the switch is really going, it's a very "tactile" feeling, since you don't have any "button" per se. Maybe I sell those in a close future !
but for now, back to the drawing table, I have a CF V4 to design

Erv'

Offline lowandheavy

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 02:04:59 AM »
God that saber looks sweet I know I'm still wanting a cf board. I think my saber deserves the best!

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16:58 AM »
Alright kids... I have one thing to ask you all as a personal favor... Lay off a little about the CF already? Please?

I'm thinking Erv feels crummy enough about it as it is...the poor man... He's a great guy and spends god knows how long working on the boards just to see them be horded by buyers and others complain and keep hinting... He knows how much we REALLY want a CF board...but we just need to be patient and wait a little more quietly, okiday?

Thanks!

It's just getting a wee little on my nerves...

Ok Mods...you can have your soapbox back! And Erv... I graciously return your thread back to you, my friend :)

LS
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 02:23:43 AM »
Erv I may have you make my persional saber for me.

I love it bladeholder down, Iam not to sure about that style bladeholder yet.

I love TI V1 man, that will still be one of my favorite sabers.

Offline lowandheavy

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 03:02:57 AM »
I merely meant it as a compliment is all LS, I just admire the work he is capable of and chooses to do for us. I really do respect that he takes the time to even bother with us he could just have this as his own personal thing and watch as we all drool but Erv is nice enough to share! :) I may be waiting for awhile as it is anyway, as I don't have the first clue as to how to obtain one of his masterpieces.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 03:43:22 AM »
thanks folks !
I'll be honnest and as transparent as possible about the custom saber orders / request.
In the past, when CF was selling "normally", I had time for that, and I was taking like 5 orders from times to times. The 4 sith sabers pictured in my gallery (well, only a trio is there since one has been shipped early) are part of that.
Then with my daughter + GF + CF sales increasing I had to stop the custom sabers and even on the 2 people that were remaining on my list since.... hu... september  :o I finally cancelled one and kept this one. So... it's been like 6 month to gather a bit of time to get this thing finished. So... between CF / electronic props boards and custom sabers I had to choose.
Once I'll be installed in a new house, I target 1-3 sabers a year.
How to be on the list is a real problem. Most of the time I talked with people and liking his project I said ok, I'm going to make that one for you. I have to like the project. I'm not making "simple sabers". I don't like to say that I'll be "wasting my time", but I know I can do nice things, so I won't make 20 "simple sabers" I prefer to make 1 like telum infensus.
Limited ressources lead to time bargain  ::)

thanks for all your feedback and compliments, all taken !

Erv'

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 03:52:41 AM »
BEAUTIFUL SABER!

I sometimes miss out on this kind of thing since I am posting mainly at fx-sabers... sheesh... I need more TIME... more TIME...

I... I NEED A TIME MACHINE!!!!!  lol
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 04:17:42 AM »
you can't really say you missed it, it's been put online like a couple of days ago !  :)

Offline killphil

• Master Force User
  • ...you know, as in Kill Bill?
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 05:56:53 AM »
That is bittersweet, Erv, bitter sweet.... ;)

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 07:33:44 AM »
I hole hartedly agree with ya erv about the custom sabers thing.

I got a saber design that I think ya would love. but a custome saber for me of this magnatude would be a long while down the road.

Offline Count Malik

• No Force
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 01:09:15 PM »
Nice saber Erv' about the button thing I got some that you are using in your saber,cool, but how do you install them there different from the ones I tried at radio shack? Any way nice saber.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 11:08:06 PM »
they are just momentary switches, they have 2 lateral leads / pins on which you solder some wire. As for installation in the saber, that's the "problem", you need to recess a square area in the saber to fit them. And then dremmel is your friend....

retrousse