fiduciary

Author Topic: Feedback for Machine FX / tattoosby5 cookiemonster8777/MachinedFX/Holocron  (Read 19173 times)

Offline CybKnight

• Experienced Force User
Being one of the people that never got his goods, even after serveral promises, I say, stay away from this seller.

No matter if tattoosby is machine-fx, or cooperate with him, the whole operation is dodgy.
Who in his right mind goes into partnership with a thief and/or swindler? Because that is what I believe machine-fx to be.  >:(
No excuse like overbooking or whatever holds water, as he should have simply refunded us, if he felt he could not deliver.
He even seemed to relocate shortly after the rebelscum starkiller affair.

CybKnight - Saber fanatic
---------------------------------------------------------
--=Sabers=--
---------------------------
AwesomeSauce X11000 #17 & 18
VV Starkiller run 2 #17
SC/VV Qui-gon TPM
Orbital Machining Obi TPM #3
Yoda's Graflex V 2010 version
Yoda's Obi Wan TPM Negotiator #2
Yoda's Qui Gon TPM Ambassador #1
JSS Starkiller
Many, many MR sabers.
Multiple MHS parts and hilts for future projects.

Offline Darth Wraith

• Master Force User
  • Everything Burns
    • Darth Wraith at Star Wars Space.net
I ordered a Bane from him, and was elated at the thought of owning a Bane saber, but when I got it, it was Karking SMALL!!!!!  In addition, the activation switch was VERY out of place, and looked very VERY ODD.  Over all, I would advise all here to stay away from this guy.  Not sure if he's just a bad machinist, or if he is trying to scam people on purpose, but I wouldn't chance it.  

I'd say after everything, I'd have to give tattoosby5 1 star out of 5
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 09:24:21 AM by Darth Wraith »

I Am the Lord of Shadow, Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness, So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light.

Offline Lord Bane

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • LB CUSTOM SABERS
Oh great!!!! I just ordered a Starkiller 2 from him two weeks ago. I hope I get it?!

Offline BOBA FETT

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Force Relics co-founder, FKA Master Jevaho
    • Force Relics
I ordered a Tattoosby5 saber (Sharad Hett model) from him last month via Ebay. It arrived today. Very decent craftsmanship and the electronics are OK (only light)
I had to wait for the saber like 1 month to arrive, but I'm very happy with it.

I give the man a 4/5

He was a bit short in his messages via Ebay, but he delivered what was promised in his auction.

Offline Lord Bane

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • LB CUSTOM SABERS
I got my Starkiller 2 today and I have to say that I'm impressed. Nice work, saber looks presentable and the led is nice and bright. He got it to my doorstep in 3 weeks. He's had good communication with me and I would buy from him again.
5/5 Stars :D

Offline Darth Kevin .T

• Master Force User
  • At last the Snugi are no more!
    • My youtube page
I bought a Darth Malak saber made from him and man it was so little and small theres no way to fit and sound board in it

plus the whole set up wasnt very good the main switch/button to turn the saber on was in the middle of a fake covertech knob at the very bottom of the hilt so when I try to take the batteries out its a real pain.

I wont be buying any sabers from him again.  :-\

Offline harcopolo2

• Force User
I received his steampunk 5.0 Locatus saber around new years and I was pretty happy with it, although the build quality is really low ad the materials are very fragile and cheap.  Aslo the paint job is sub par, and the electronics are messy.  but its a cool design, and I am happy enough to just have it as a display piece.

However shortly after I received the steampunk saber (it was a gift), I purchased his sith stalker saber myself.  I waited a month and he still hadn't shipped it or contacted me once.  I sent him many messages and he finally replied when I threatened to go to ebay to get my money back.  he tried to wiggle out of it, but I didn't go along with any of his lies or stalling tactics because I didn't want to to go past the 45 day mark for ebay claims.  Eventually he got caught in his own web of lies and he agreed to refund me.  Although he stalled again and I had to open a claim to get him to refund me.  Long story short, I got my money back, but it was a major headache and incredible exhausting to deal with someone who has a complete lack of moral business standards, and who is a chronic lier.

This guy is crooked, if you are considering purchasing a saber from him, I highly recommend that you don't.  You wont be happy with the build quality and its not worth the hassle of dealing with him.

Offline Darth Wraith

• Master Force User
  • Everything Burns
    • Darth Wraith at Star Wars Space.net
I got my Starkiller 2 today and I have to say that I'm impressed. Nice work, saber looks presentable and the led is nice and bright. He got it to my doorstep in 3 weeks. He's had good communication with me and I would buy from him again.
5/5 Stars :D

This is good to hear, I have contemplated ordering a Starkiller II from him (if he puts another one up on ebay) , but I wasn't sure about the quality.  It's good to know that it is a decent saber to put into my personal collection.

I Am the Lord of Shadow, Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness, So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light.

Offline TheDrunkenJedi

• Padawan Learner
  • THE Drunken Jedi (pat pending)
I ordered a Quinlan Vos from him off of eBay, got it today....it's made entirely of PVC :o! The listing clearly described it as aircaft aluminium >:(.

Hoping the resolution center can fix this and get my oney back.
Spock shot first!

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
I ordered a Quinlan Vos from him off of eBay, got it today....it's made entirely of PVC :o! The listing clearly described it as aircaft aluminium >:(.

I hope you left him a negative feedback. 

Offline Revan Reborn

• Formerly known as dj2rbo
  • Master Force User
  • SHABBA!!
I bought the 2 concept starkillers from him and 2 in game starkiller sabers from him and I give them 5/5!!! I think it was awesome for the price I paid for them.  ;D

Watcha!! Darth Insidious gonna get cha!!!!!

Offline GreyJedi

• Master Force User

I hope you left him a negative feedback. 

No idea how he has 100 percent on the Ebay...

Offline Wariwen

• Master Force User
well I messaged him on ebay saying I like his designs but had seen poor reviews and although rude this was his reply.

Let me start by saying I am not the same person that your forums are speaking of. The horrable things metioned in these forums were done by MachinedFX. I am not MachinedFX! The sad thing is that these things happened in 2006/2007 and these people are still talking about the same stuff! I worked with Steve/MachinedFX in 2004/2005 for about a year and made the mistake of saying so on your (move out of your parents basement and get a life!) forums.
Our Ebay feedback says it all! Hundreds of happy customers that appreciate our work. Let us make you happy...

- tattoosby5
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:15:09 AM by ANAKIN SKYWALKER »

Please excuse my spelling, my level of excitement to post outweighs my ability to spell check =)

Offline Lord Bane

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • LB CUSTOM SABERS
Well then... I guess that says it all.  :o
I've got two of his sabers and I honestly think they are well built. He's a tad short and slow on his messaging but no one is perfect. That said, I can't really say anything bad cause I never got burned. I think it's good he cleared things up though. 

LB

retrousse