fiduciary

Author Topic: GRAFLEX-FX-SABERS "The LIST & PRICES" 2008  (Read 51600 times)

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
Re: GRAFLEX-FX-SABERS "The LIST & PRICES" 2008
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »
Unbelievable,... that much for a saber.
I think he easely won the eBay bidding.
There's no way, I can pay that much.
They will hang me for it, here at home.

Maybe, it was Mark Hamil himself, without telling.
Finally a real lightsaber, he must have thought.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 02:43:27 PM by Darth Matth »

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2008, 04:08:49 PM »
I doubt anyone on this site coudl afford that.  I was pushing my limit when it went over $400. 

Offline CybKnight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2008, 10:14:17 AM »
I had set aside $1200 for the Yoda Ambassador #1, but no one ever came close to challenge me on that one, strangely enough.
CybKnight - Saber fanatic
---------------------------------------------------------
--=Sabers=--
---------------------------
AwesomeSauce X11000 #17 & 18
VV Starkiller run 2 #17
SC/VV Qui-gon TPM
Orbital Machining Obi TPM #3
Yoda's Graflex V 2010 version
Yoda's Obi Wan TPM Negotiator #2
Yoda's Qui Gon TPM Ambassador #1
JSS Starkiller
Many, many MR sabers.
Multiple MHS parts and hilts for future projects.

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2008, 10:20:04 AM »
I had set aside $1200 for the Yoda Ambassador #1, but no one ever came close to challenge me on that one, strangely enough.

I think the fact that the auction had ended on July 4th was a MAJOR factor in why there wasn't much competition on that one.

That ( $700+/- ? ) end price was an absolute steal for this saber.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:22:05 AM by OBI-WAN KENOBI »

Offline CybKnight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2008, 10:44:51 AM »
It's not like I am going to complain.

Now the saber has a safe home close to the Hoth system.
CybKnight - Saber fanatic
---------------------------------------------------------
--=Sabers=--
---------------------------
AwesomeSauce X11000 #17 & 18
VV Starkiller run 2 #17
SC/VV Qui-gon TPM
Orbital Machining Obi TPM #3
Yoda's Graflex V 2010 version
Yoda's Obi Wan TPM Negotiator #2
Yoda's Qui Gon TPM Ambassador #1
JSS Starkiller
Many, many MR sabers.
Multiple MHS parts and hilts for future projects.

Offline Skitch_Daywalker

• No Force
  • www.mystictreestudios.com
    • Mystic Tree Recording Studios
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2008, 08:09:23 AM »
Has anyone heard from Master Yoda?  I PM'd him a while back and still haven't heard anything from him.  Hope he is well. :)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2008, 08:19:32 AM »
I spoke to him last night, and he is fine.  The man is busy with a lot of projects, so I'm sure he will answer your PM when he can.

If it is not order related, but a question about one of his builds, ask here . One of us may be able to help.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Jedi-Diah

• Force User
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2008, 11:44:21 AM »
Jango,

If you talk to him again soon, could you please ask if he plans to sell D.I.Y. Graflex chassis kits in the future? I PM'd him a few weeks ago and no reply yet. I don't want to bother him any more than necessary.

I'd really love to get one of those chassis.

Thanks,

I spoke to him last night, and he is fine.  The man is busy with a lot of projects, so I'm sure he will answer your PM when he can.

If it is not order related, but a question about one of his builds, ask here . One of us may be able to help.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:47:33 AM by Jedi-Diah »

Offline Skitch_Daywalker

• No Force
  • www.mystictreestudios.com
    • Mystic Tree Recording Studios
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2008, 03:42:35 PM »
I did have an order question, however I do have a question I'm sure one of you could answer and that is if the Crystal Chambers come on all his lightsabers, or if it's only included in the Crystal Focus Version for $600 some odd dollars.  Those look sweet and I'm very new to this.  Does that crystal chamber make the blade have that pulsating effect to the lighting?

Offline Jedi-Diah

• Force User
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2008, 04:13:32 PM »
The "crystal chamber" has nothing to do with the blade pulsating or with Crystal Focus. The crystal chamber is a stand alone unit (I think) independant from the blade LED driver and can be installed in conversions that do not use Crystal Focus.

Crystal Focus is the best soundboard/LED driver that can do the "pulsating" blade effect although other LED drivers can do this as well (such as the Ultrasound 2.0 and Corbin's driver). The Crystal Focus conversion costs more because the Crystal Focus hardware costs more and the installation is more complicatied.

The crystal chamber doesn't actually *do* anything except look super cool and make your saber look more "realistic" (because "real" lightsabers in the SW universe are supposed to have a crystal inside the hilt as per the pic in the illustrated encyclopedia).

Go to www.plecterlabs.com to find out more about the Crystal Focus soundboard. It's pretty amazing. Also check youtube for videos of lightsabers using Crystal Focus. They look and sound great.

I did have an order question, however I do have a question I'm sure one of you could answer and that is if the Crystal Chambers come on all his lightsabers, or if it's only included in the Crystal Focus Version for $600 some odd dollars.  Those look sweet and I'm very new to this.  Does that crystal chamber make the blade have that pulsating effect to the lighting?

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2008, 04:24:03 PM »
Hello Everyone

Sorry I haven't logged in for a while but I've been busy getting just a few things done :D

I have received numerous emails with requests to add to the list and I will get to my messages
and add names when I'm done. ;)

I'll update everyone int his thread as things move along  8)
MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2008, 04:26:30 PM »
Jedi-diah is correct.

The crystal chamber is only for display.  It is only there to impress your friends and look uber cool.  I have mine and love it.  It looks real inside and out.  It is turned on by twisiting the led assembly to make contact with the batteries.  And yes stand alone only with small button batts.

Yoda was doing version with and without.  I am guessing that if you wanted to have larger batteries that you needed the space for you could have him leave the crystal chamber out.  This is only my opinion though and we must wait until Master Yoda releases that info.

IMO get the whole nine yards.  This saber rocks and it is a true piece of art not to metion fun to play with.  Get another saber like an ultra stunt or have one machined or do a TCSS MHS if you want a saber to beat on more.  Don't get me wrong the graflex can take a beating and it is meant to be played with but if you want to go all Conan on a telephone pole you may want to use something that is not 60+ years old and not easy to replace.  Just my $.02.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2008, 12:16:02 AM »
Has anyone heard from Master Yoda?  I PM'd him a while back and still haven't heard anything from him.  Hope he is well. :)

Yes Sorry I haven't been able to get to all my PM but I will in the next day or so.

There have been a lot of changes happening and production wise as well that I've had to get sorted out
for Chassis production for both the Full assembled sabers and DIY kits.

I will update everyone as tings get closer and again I'm very sorry this all takes so much longer than I have anticipated
and obstacles have come along the way that needed to be dealt with to move forward.

But as I say Do or Do not, there is no try... and I am doing it's just slow going  ::)

update you all again I will soon  ;)

MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline Jedi-Diah

• Force User
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2008, 12:27:47 AM »
Thanks Yoda for the update. Good to know there will still be DIY kits in the future. I'm in no rush to get everything together. Take your time. Patience we must have. Yes.

Yes Sorry I haven't been able to get to all my PM but I will in the next day or so.

There have been a lot of changes happening and production wise as well that I've had to get sorted out
for Chassis production for both the Full assembled sabers and DIY kits.

I will update everyone as tings get closer and again I'm very sorry this all takes so much longer than I have anticipated
and obstacles have come along the way that needed to be dealt with to move forward.

But as I say Do or Do not, there is no try... and I am doing it's just slow going  ::)

update you all again I will soon  ;)

MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2008, 06:17:30 AM »
It's always nice to see you back here Master Yoda.
Do not overwork yourself., it has to be fun for you too.
It's all because we love your work that much.
But we all understand.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

retrousse