fiduciary

Author Topic: 2005 Luke Skywalker ROTJ 2005 LED edition.  (Read 10807 times)

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
Re: 2005 Luke Skywalker ROTJ 2005 LED edition.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2005, 01:46:48 PM »
Yeah I agree with that Illbeats.  The Luke saber is more crisper sounder than the Anakin and almost louder, but its does have the same sounds like the movement and clash but that still doesnt take away from the fact that this is a great saber
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005, 01:52:43 PM »
Question: Are the sounds EXACTLY like the Anakin ROTS? (i.e. powerup/down, idle hum, swings and clashes).

Also... CONGRATULATIONS!

No the luke sounds are more crisp and louder,especially the power up and down..
It sounds luke the audio is a hier bit like 32 or something .
The luke is the loudest fx!!

louder? the sounds are scratchier that the anakin then?

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005, 01:55:46 PM »
No scratcheier I think more robust, listen to the motions sounds and then compare to the Anakin, the Luke sounds more cleaner than the Anakin
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2005, 02:20:12 PM »
No scratcheier I think more robust, listen to the motions sounds and then compare to the Anakin, the Luke sounds more cleaner than the Anakin

GOOD news,
it seems MR hvae done a gr8 job!

Offline Gaia12

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2005, 05:13:38 PM »
I am new to the board and I bought the Luke saber at Borders today.  It is very bright, but there are some dark bands are a little disappointing.   My experience at Borders was  a little strange.  I first scanned the store to see if I could locate it myself.  Then I waited in line and asked the cashier if they had the saber.  He said they had them  when the movie came out, but sold out right after.  I asked him to check to make sure .  I saw a look of surprise on his face as he scanned the inventory on his computer and he said - it looks like we have 11 and they came in today.  He got another worker to go in the back and check for them.  She came back and told me they had them, but that they were not supposed to be released in Oct. 15.  I persisted and asked if I could at least put one aside.  Thats when I got hooked up with an assistant manager who took my name and address.  I kept telling him while he was entering the info that I had read on this board that Borders was already selling them.  He finally called the big boss who told him to sell one to me. 

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to tell you to remain vigilant if they give you any crap at Borders.  They were all very nice about it though.

Offline BoSox

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2005, 08:21:41 PM »
Well, I finally picked up my luke ROTJ saber today from borders and I have to say I am absolutely impressed with this saber.
     First of all, the blade is so awesome.  The blade on my luke does not even have the black bands or splotches and it just looks like the real deal.  The blade is so bright that the minute you power down it blinds you for a couple seconds.  The green is very unique and is my favorite.  There also weren't any scratches on my blade.
      Second, the sounds are fantastic!  It sounds realistic and it even beats the ani sounds by a hair.  They are very crisp and they definately get your attention.
      Third, the hilt is good, but it is not my favorite.  I like the shiny crome look on the ani better.  However, the hilt is very solid and light.  This saber is the best for doing twirls with.  You can easily do the behind the back spin move that anakin does in ROTS.  The fat neck doesn't bother me one bit.  Another thing about the hilt on my luke is that the D-ring is relatively loose and it makes clinging noises when doing spins.  This however, doesn't really bother me that much.  It is awesome to own a piece of the original trilogy.  Green is the best!!! :)

"I'll catch you on the flipside"
          -Boondock Saints

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005, 04:56:54 PM »
I am very happy that my review was well recieved.  I admit we expect perfection in this sabers, so I think we all look for any inperfections and are mad when we find them.  I think the ROTJ 2005 has the least of the inperfections aka dark spot in the middle seeing the bands of LEDS going up the blade or blotches.  I was happy to see that this saber has almost none of these flaws but even with these flaws in my other saber these are the greatest toys ever aside from Transformers

Offline Gnosis

• Formerly known as Gnosis
  • Master Force User
  • The Bird King of La Mancha
    • This week in geek
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 06:25:45 AM »
these are the greatest toys ever aside from Transformers

Preach on brother :)

"It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber. "
Count Dooku

Sith Lord Adminstrator
countdooku@fx-sabers.com

Offline todd4566

• Force User
  • I'm thinking.
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2005, 11:43:40 AM »
I picked up the 2005 Luke after reading all the great reviews here last Thursday.  I'm very happy with this saber, and recommend it to everyone! 

* Has anyone else tried to polish the hilt?  I polished my Luke hilt and now it's a mirror-like shine all over, instead of that dull gray.   ;D
My collection:
2002 Anakin AOTC
2003 Vader ANH  **Sold**
2004 Luke ESB  **Sold**
2005 Anakin ROTS **Sold**
2005 Vader ESB **Sold**
2005 Luke ROTJ **Sold**
2006 Maul TPM
Custom 5w Luxeon (Green/Royal Blue)
2006 Obi-Wan ROTS  **Sold**
2007 Yoda
2007 Luke ANH
2008 Obi-Wan TPM
2010 Anakin ROTS (Removeable Blade)

Offline Jedi_420

• Experienced Force User
  • Hand-crafted Jedi Weapon
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2005, 12:26:27 PM »
what kind of polish did you use?????

could you post some pics????  ;D
Marge: "Homer, is this how you pictured married life?"
Homer: "Yeah, pretty much, except we drove around in a van solving mysteries."

Offline todd4566

• Force User
  • I'm thinking.
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2005, 01:08:36 PM »
I'll post a new thread for this in a little bit.   ;)
My collection:
2002 Anakin AOTC
2003 Vader ANH  **Sold**
2004 Luke ESB  **Sold**
2005 Anakin ROTS **Sold**
2005 Vader ESB **Sold**
2005 Luke ROTJ **Sold**
2006 Maul TPM
Custom 5w Luxeon (Green/Royal Blue)
2006 Obi-Wan ROTS  **Sold**
2007 Yoda
2007 Luke ANH