fiduciary

Author Topic: Count Dooku's prediction not really a prediction?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
Count Dooku's prediction not really a prediction?
« on: February 08, 2006, 07:24:37 PM »
Remember during Episode  III when the pilot or whatever tells Grevious "2 jedi have landed in the main hanger bay, we're tracking them." and then Grevious says " Just as Count Dooku predicted." Well stared thinking was that really a prediction? I mean he just kidnaped the Supreme Chancler(exuse my spelling ;)) did he think they were going to get away without the Jedi coming? And ofcourse the landed in the main hanger bay, where else would the land? Anyway I just wanted to know what you all thought.

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: Count Dooku's prediction not really a prediction?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 08:02:28 PM »
IMO this was a set up for Anakin to end Dooku. Dooku knew the chancellor was his dark master.  So i dont believe this was a prediction, but a plan.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 09:21:23 PM »
IMO this was a set up for Anakin to end Dooku. Dooku knew the chancellor was his dark master.  So i dont believe this was a prediction, but a plan.

As Sidious says in ROTJ everthing that has transpired has done so according to my design 8)

Ever since the events of TPM and Before when He killed Plagues in His sleep.
Sidious played everyone right from the beginning.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 09:26:36 PM »
I think Grevious' choice of words reveals that he's not "in" on the plan.

if Grevious had said ".. just as Dooku had planned", or "..all according to plan" (or something) then it would show that Grievous was.. well..  part of the upper management  ;) (so to speak)

"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 09:32:35 PM »
I think Grevious' choice of words reveals that he's not "in" on the plan.

if Grevious had said ".. just as Dooku had planned", or "..all according to plan" (or something) then it would show that Grievous was.. well.. part of the upper management ;) (so to speak)

That makes sense since I don't think they had any plans for Greivous seeing as he would have to be killed.

Offline Fettman

• Force User
  • "As you wish."
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 12:31:59 PM »
I think that Dooku and Palpatine knew what was going on the whole time (Palpatine a little more) and Grievous was just left in the dark about many things. So Dooku could have told Grievous he predicted it, to make him look good, when Palpatine told Dooku and knew what was going to happen all along.

Offline jedi.the0ry

• Force User
  • Saber Master
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 12:22:25 AM »
I think that Dooku and Palpatine knew what was going on the whole time (Palpatine a little more) and Grievous was just left in the dark about many things. So Dooku could have told Grievous he predicted it, to make him look good, when Palpatine told Dooku and knew what was going to happen all along.

From what I see, I guarentee Grievous didn't even know that the Chancellor was Sidious. Otherwise, he would have been able to figure out why it was too easy to "capture" him and such. Like Fettman said, he was almost completely in the dark.

retrousse