fiduciary

Author Topic: Hunting the Hunter, a JYN Arts Illustration  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
Hunting the Hunter, a JYN Arts Illustration
« on: November 17, 2012, 02:43:22 PM »
Alrighty... so I was asked again by Dacen Salu to do another illustration following the life of Jedi Knight Dacen Salu.

You may remember the last one I did: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=32717.0

Well... this time around he wanted it done in the style of Star Wars: Clone Wars, the Animated Series, directed by Animation director, Genndy Tartakovsky of Samurai Jack fame.

The setting for these piece takes place during the Clone Wars. Dacen is hunting down Jedi Hunter, Asajj Ventress, hence the title of this piece, Hunting the Hunter

Here is how I ended up describing the scene to him:
The Jedi Hunter has escaped and you've tracked her down on Korriban, in a remote ancient Sith Temple. In the background is the tattered banners of the Sith Empire from the Old Republic. Still eerily glowing is a Sith Holocron on an alter in the background holding Dark Force knowledge and power. You've hunted the hunter to this location to stop her from attaining the secrets that lie within that holocron.

Who is this other Jedi fighting alongside Dacen? It is none other than the cartoon likeness I did of voice actress Grey DeLisle, the voice of Asajj Ventress during the series. :)

In this piece, Dacen is wearing this outfit:

Lightsaber being wielded this time is Obi-Wan Kenobi's AOTC hilt with a veridian blade. The boots were switched to Anakin's Jedi boots too.

Onto the final result. Enjoy.  ;D

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:40:55 PM by Jedi Yar Nala »

Offline Aus_Jedi_Killer

• Master Force User
  • You wanna buy some deathsticks? :D
Re: Hunting the Hunted, a JYN Arts Illustration
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 03:00:46 PM »
Ray strikes again!!!
I love seeing your new stuff mate! Great work :)

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 04:10:52 PM »
Once again, awesome work Ray :)

I really want you to do a cool family pic of my family and I once my son is a little older  ;)

I always enjoy seeing your work.

Knight50

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 04:37:30 PM »
Ray

everything you do is a masterpiece in itself, thank you for doing this.

retrousse