fiduciary

Author Topic: Anyone know where Ducos Rossis went?  (Read 13566 times)

Offline daddy solo

• Master Force User
Anyone know where Ducos Rossis went?
« on: February 16, 2012, 06:19:49 AM »
Not sure if this is the correct section, but I didn't want to post in his feedback thread just yet:

Hey guys,  I figured I'd try here now that my options have run out. The short version -

I commissioned Ducos Rossis in Sept 11 for a rework of one of my sabers, including installing a Cf V5. After sending me build pics &  promising that my saber is done and ready to ship back (I've heard this 5X verbatim already in the last 4 months) -  he has since disappeared w/ my US Arbiter, CF board, replica Graflex clamp, Ace Rocket Obi pommel, a Blade Runner blaster he took in trade as partial payment, my money, and any faith I had in him. I know he has internet access b/c he has recently updated his FB page. He has not responded to any texts and has apparently moved, so any contact info I had for him is no longer valid

I know it has unfortunately happened before in this hobby by other people, and it will probably happen again (sadly), but it really steams me to have my property stolen by someone - yes, I said STOLEN! borrowed for an extended period of time  >:(  If anyone can be of assistance to me, PLEASE pm or email me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You
DS

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:24:51 PM by daddy solo »

Offline Sidd

• Banned
  • Master Force User
Re: Anyone know where Ducos Rossis went?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 06:32:37 AM »
Seeing as he has used both the internet and the mail service to commit the crime its actually two separate crimes.  Personally I do not give second chances, especially for some one that has robbed me.  If I were you I would report the internet fraud here http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and the postal fraud to the post office.  Also I would contact the Police Dept closest to the address you shipped the items too.

Why give him the chance to rip other people off in the future?  I have seen this several times in this hobby and it truly is a shame.

:edit:  he screwed me on a deal too, so I would really doubt any claims that he is a stand up guy that went through some hard times.  Unless he is dead there is no reason to cut off communication.  I would be he was doing his work as planned then after establishing himself saw a way to make some easy money and just ran.  Its been seen many times in internet trading and else where.  when it boils down to it people are scum and cannot be trusted.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:36:53 AM by Sidd »
User requested permanent ban 03/14/14

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 06:40:35 AM »
I would pause and allow a moderator to attempt to remedy the situation.

I can undertand your frustration at the disappearance, but I would also try to get a hold of a mod and get things taken care of diplomatically behind the scenes and not... aggressive negotiations. ;)

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 06:43:52 AM »
Start gathering all the info together.
PMs, Emails, Paypal payments, The value of the blaster, last known address, new address if you have it. As much personal detail that you can find.

File a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Go to your local Sheriff's office and file a complaint in person. Use google to find the local Sheriff's Office to the last known address and file a complaint via phone.

Try to get a case number. This way you can call and ask for a status.

Send a certified letter asking for return of property and funds. He will have to sign for this. ;)

Small claims court.
File with one locally. Once you get a date, send a summons. If he is a no show, it will most likely be a default judgement in your favor.
This may let you garnish wages and tax returns. Worst case the judgement will be on his credit report and follow him around for several years.

Most do not go to these lengths and this is why scammers and thieves get away with it.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline daddy solo

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 06:45:18 AM »
I would pause and allow a moderator to attempt to remedy the situation.

I can undertand your frustration at the disappearance, but I would also try to get a hold of a mod and get things taken care of diplomatically behind the scenes and not... aggressive negotiations. ;)

I really appreciate your post, and I don't want to start a flame war either (not that it matters b/c DR isn't even here to see it), but I've ALREADY contacted the mods/council and they've pretty much told me that there's nothing they can do. DR won't even respond to them! It's out of their hands (they've been extremely polite and gracious btw). When diplomacy fails, unleash the dogs of war.....

Let me be clear - I  don't wish DR ill will, I JUST WANT MY STUFF BACK!!!!

@ Jango - thank you so much for your input. I've actually begun doing what you suggested. As for finding my local Sheriff's office - I live in Brooklyn. Good luck w/ that! ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:48:38 AM by daddy solo »

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 06:47:34 AM »
Theres only so much we can do. We, as a moderator team, can make attempts to contact him, which many have, if he fails to respond to us we can do no more, other than to prevent him from utilizing this site as a means buying or selling. My advice to you depends on the value, to you, of what you sent, either cut your losses and walk away, or report it to the authorities.

This crops up from time to time. Sellers claim they are having what they call "darth real life" issues and throuw excuses at customers until eventually just cutting all ties of communication entirely and disappearing. We have had a handful of incidents, one high profile. I have absolutely no patience or forgiveness for people that do this. Im not sure what causes someone to do this unless they are in fact a criminal and had the intent to steal your belongings. I know people come out and stick up for these people from time to time, but if you are taking someones items and money to provide them a service there is absolutely NO excuse in this world to not keep communication open every step of the way.

My advice to buyers is be wary. We all like to think this community is tight and that we can trust people on the other side, but you can never be 100%. This is your money, do your due diligence, research vendors, go to those with a track record and those endorsed. Never provide full payments up front.

Offline Drazel O'Thumos

• Formerly known as forcepractitioner
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 07:09:15 AM »
That's a sad situation...I don't know what would be the solution: it is delicate because, obviously, you cannot get a refund from Paypal after such a delay...
It seems that you are in the same situation as I am in: in fact, I must say that I can really sympathize with you because I have a similar problem with another member here : I sent him in september/october 2011 a payment for the reparation of one of my sabers (a dysfunctional S..f..ge saber : it was intended as a gift for my little brother: I needed that before the end of January) and for a (relatively simple) custom work as well. In december, he asked for a delay (which I happily granted him), saying that he needed more time. Then in January, he told me that he was in a delicate (familial and material) situation, and that there would still be another delay. I was accomodating and I accepted but I simply asked him if he deemed it to be feasible to have at least the S....ge saber finished before Februrary the 17th (as a new deadline) and I told him (in a quite straightforward but very polite and kind manner) that if he thought that it would not be possible, then I would not hold it against him and he could quite simply send the first (unrepaired and dissassembled) saber back to me, and give me a partial refund at least. I must have written about a dozen messages before getting an answer from him early in January, he told me that he apologized for the very long delay, and that he was confident that it would be finished before that new deadline, but then when I asked him if he could refund me should the completion of the reparation finally prove to be impossible before mid-February 2012, he did not answer and left me in the dark... (you have to keep in mind that this particular saber was intended to be a gift for my brother's birthday, and that it was already late at that time...) Since then I have been trying to contact him back again and again to clear up the situation, but it has been to no avail...I have written almost seven or eight new e-mails, and I do not know if I will ever see my sabers again one day... :( :-\
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:12:35 AM by forcepractitioner »

Offline daddy solo

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 07:18:20 AM »
Funny how the world works......

30 minutes after I post this thread, DR reappears and sent me the following text (5 min ago)

"This is the 1st text I have gotten from you in a long time. (NOT TRUE  - I've sent him 6 in the last 2 weeks, left a message for him on FB, and even spoke to his wife!) I will mail your  **** tomorrow. I won't give you the sob story of how tough things are right now."

"I'm not stealing your ****, nor do I ever intend to. It will go out tomorrow end of story" (I've heard this 5x already - I hope it's true this time)

let's see what happens. To those members who are in the same situation with DR as me (I know some of you), contact me again and I can give you any info I have. Thank you very much everyone!!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:36:28 AM by daddy solo »

Offline daddy solo

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 07:26:13 AM »
You're welcome

not sure if you're trying to be snarky, but if you did have any influence in this - thank YOU!! I just hope my saber doesn't show up as a box full of plastic/metal shavings  ::)

Offline dgdve

• Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 07:56:07 AM »
Others are waiting on ducos as well (and he has yet to even attempt to contact me in ANY way)

Offline Ladyhawke

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 07:57:42 AM »
Same here

Offline daddy solo

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 08:31:38 AM »
Dude has no internet access.

that's not entirely true ???, but your intervention is appreciated just the same  ;D

Offline Sidd

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 08:36:05 AM »
Dude has no internet access.

that's not entirely true ???, but your intervention is appreciated just the same  ;D

even if he didnt have internet access a stamp only cost 44 cents, am i right?
User requested permanent ban 03/14/14

Offline daddy solo

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 08:42:22 AM »
Ok, forget I said anything. Period.

I am sincere when I say thank you for your help. Any insinuation otherwise is untrue. I know you are stuck in a difficult position and are just trying to help out and do the right thing. Let's keep this thread focused on the person who's caused several of us to be disgruntled in the 1st place  8)

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 08:44:46 AM »
Let's make sure the posts in this topic remain civilized,  I'd hate to see anyone else that has no business with Ducos Rossis get themselves banned for violating the forum Rules and Regulations.

Edit:
Just making sure this post can be more easily read.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:52:21 AM by QUI-GON JINN »

retrousse