fiduciary

Author Topic: AVOID THIS EBAY MEMBER "MADNOTEMIKE"  (Read 12031 times)

Offline JediKnightBJ

• Master Force User
  • The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart i
AVOID THIS EBAY MEMBER "MADNOTEMIKE"
« on: December 26, 2008, 03:36:37 PM »
So I bought a Luke ROTJ on ebay because I wanted a brand new never opened Luke ROTJ.  I recieved it today, and the blade is broken off in the handle, and its the EL version not the LED version.  I'm so angry I could jump out a window.  I wasn't sure where to Rant and stomp my feet, but I'm hoping this might be a good spot to do so.  Here's a picture for you can see what I mean. Needless to say, I'm very very angry.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 05:36:10 PM by QUI-GON-JINN »
The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."-Luminara Unduli.

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
Re: Luke ROTJ EL 2003 Bought on Ebay-BROKEN IN HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 03:45:22 PM »
Hey! That's the same place where the blade of my ROTJ EL broke...both of them. :D

That sucks man. That particular saber had a pretty fragile blade to begin with (imo). I've never owned the led version.
If the auction listed the saber diffrently than you received it the only thing I can say obviously, is file a complaint.

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 04:01:36 PM »
JKBJ,
I bought one from Ebay too and the EL blade was broken in the same place.  I managed to re-sodder the wires and glue the blade back on.  But of course, it's very fragile now.  It's used as a display and NEVER, NEVER to spin.  In fact, every time I handle it (to move it or something), I pick it up with one hand on the hilt and one on the blade.

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline darthtater

• Sith Spud
  • Force User
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 04:04:57 PM »
Maybe this is a candidate for an ultra fx conversion.

Offline JediKnightBJ

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 04:06:30 PM »
I have already contacted the seller, he's saying it must have been broken in shipment. The box I received it in, is in pristine condition.  No bends, foot prints, anything.  I think dude broke it and was just trying to pass it off as new.
The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."-Luminara Unduli.

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 04:08:58 PM »
All i can say is to show him photographic evidence of the box and saber. If the box is like brand new, and the saber is broke, then I see no way for it to have been damaged in transit. If he refuses to take it back, report him and file a complaint.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 04:11:22 PM »
Maybe this is a candidate for an ultra fx conversion.

Quote from Ultra's FAQ
Can you convert “EL” sabers?
  Most of the time, we divert EL conversions to some of our affiliated sabersmiths who actually specialize in those. (fx-sabers.com)

I have already contacted the seller, he's saying it must have been broken in shipment. The box I received it in, is in pristine condition.  No bends, foot prints, anything.  I think dude broke it and was just trying to pass it off as new.

Are you planning on keeping this?  (Personally, I wouldn't...just as a matter of prinicple)
If you are, it can be fixed, depending on where the blade broke.

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 04:16:06 PM »

If you purchased insurance on  this item, then you are covered. you have to contact usps or whoever he used to ship it. I would file a complaint, but if he uses the old famous phrase (you didn't get insurance) then it may be tough to get your money back. Trust me, I have been burned REAL bad by that before. I hope you get your money back, cause I hate to see people get scammed by these sellers on E-PREY.

Offline Darth Kaos

• Sith Infiltrator
  • Master Force User
  • Ninjas?!?!...They all learned from ME!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 04:41:59 PM »
 sorry that this happened. I honestly think that since the box in in excellent condition, then the blade must be placed in the box broken or to the point that it will break with just a bit more pressure applied and the seller must have known about that. I'd file a paypal complaint if u paid that way.

Keep us posted  :D

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 04:47:02 PM »
Just out of curiosity, have you left the seller a feedback already?

Also, which box did it come in - the older MR box (EL version) or the newer style box (LED version)?

And was it ADVERTISED as the LED version, or did the auction just not indicate either way?

« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 04:55:44 PM by OBI-WAN KENOBI »

Offline JediKnightBJ

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 08:04:37 PM »
Just out of curiosity, have you left the seller a feedback already?

Also, which box did it come in - the older MR box (EL version) or the newer style box (LED version)?

And was it ADVERTISED as the LED version, or did the auction just not indicate either way?

It came in the older EL box I think.  It still had the SW-203 paper tag with a little string attached to it.  The auction did not indicate whether it was EL or LED.

Here's the listing link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150317263137&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

I haven't left feedback. I am going to give him a chance to refund me my money if I can send it back to him.  The blade is broke off about 3/4" inside the hilt.  The wires are beyond repair without taking the saber completely apart.

I paid $165 for it.

sorry that this happened. I honestly think that since the box in in excellent condition, then the blade must be placed in the box broken or to the point that it will break with just a bit more pressure applied and the seller must have known about that. I'd file a paypal complaint if u paid that way.

Keep us posted  :D

And the seller said in his last email that he checked it before he shipped it.  The box is in such perfect shape, I think it would be virtually impossible for him to have checked it, then shipped it and it break at any point during shipping. It came to me in the same box that it came from Master Replicas From. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 08:06:27 PM by JediKnightBJ »

Offline Darth Kaos

• Sith Infiltrator
  • Master Force User
  • Ninjas?!?!...They all learned from ME!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 08:26:41 PM »
I checked the Ebay link. Maybe it's just me, but for $165 shipped? IMHO, he was trying to get rid of this saber fast, as the blade was broken or to the point that he knew it will, sooner or later. Like I said, if u paid using paypal, try to file a complaint. 

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
I want to point one thing out here that NO ONE else has pointed out.  Was the INNER box SEALED? With the factory tape over the tabs?

Was all of the styrofoam packing in place inside the box?

These details are VERY Important.  If the packaging is PRISTINE that would mean SEALED.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 09:36:28 PM »
I mentioned in another thread that the styrofoam gets all hard and inflexible in cold temperatures.  I'll never ship another FX during a 'cold snap'  :-\ but that's just me

"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline JediKnightBJ

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 07:42:15 AM »
I want to point one thing out here that NO ONE else has pointed out.  Was the INNER box SEALED? With the factory tape over the tabs?

Was all of the styrofoam packing in place inside the box?

These details are VERY Important.  If the packaging is PRISTINE that would mean SEALED.
DT thank you for asking this question.  The tape on the inner box was all cut open. The styrofoam inserts that hold the blade down, were also cut before I opened the box.  When I said the packing was pristine, I meant the box was un bent, or torn or anything like that. Thank you for asking.

I checked the Ebay link. Maybe it's just me, but for $165 shipped? IMHO, he was trying to get rid of this saber fast, as the blade was broken or to the point that he knew it will, sooner or later. Like I said, if u paid using paypal, try to file a complaint. 

The ebay link shows that it was a buy it now for $165.  It was a second chance offer because the seller had it up as a normal auction, the original auction closed at $178, but because the auction winner didn't pay, I was offered a second chance for my highest bid.

I mentioned in another thread that the styrofoam gets all hard and inflexible in cold temperatures.  I'll never ship another FX during a 'cold snap'  :-\ but that's just me

Thats a great point wedge, only one problem with that, the seller is from Florida (according to the return address), and I live in IL.  Yesterday when it was delivered, it was 66^ here. 

I filed a paypal complaint this morning asking for my money back.  After further examination of the handle and the battery pack, there are scracthes like someone with a ring on was spinning the saber.  It was definitely a used saber.  I will keep you guys posted.

retrousse