fiduciary

Author Topic: 2015 Mace Windu Black Series Neopixel conversion.  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Vapaad28

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
2015 Mace Windu Black Series Neopixel conversion.
« on: August 03, 2020, 06:43:05 PM »
I just wanted to share how I went about converting my Black Series Mace Windu lightsaber. I had 2, a working one I got for Christmas last year, the second is a empty hilt I bought off Ebay. I destroyed the emitter on the empty hilt trying to tap the holes for the retainer screws and lost the center gold button so I decided to disassemble the one I got for Christmas. That went easier than I thought it was gonna be. There aren't many videos out doing this saber but the couple there are had some cool tips that I followed.

This is the "inner sleeve" of the saber. A gift and curse. On 1 hand, it acts as its own blade holder with the emitter screwed in. On the other hand space is super tight so the chassis would not fit with the battery in.

These 5 parts I glued together just to make it easier to slide it over the "inner sleeve"

This is the hilt side connecter for the neopixel blade (I got from Civilized Sabers) and 2 switcth rings. I had to modify both to fit inside the "inner sleeve".

Battery holder and the Crystal Focus X. A bit of a challenge being my 1st saber conversion.

Speaker and recharge port. Both from The Custom Saber Shop.

Inserting the hilt side connector. I used a skewer stick to push things inside the sleeve.

Next is the switch rings.

The connector in place and I tapped the 2 holes (that held a pin) hold the connector in place.

The speaker followed by the recharge port. This part was a bit difficult.

A set screw to hold the speaker in place.

Sliding the "inner sleeve" in the Saber parts.

Putting on the pommel.

I drilled and filed out the center of the end cap to add the recharge port there for easy access. I seen a guy that goes by "Wolf" do this.

These are 2 tactile switch caps I modified.

This is the back of the center gold switch. I took them apart to cut down that circle in the middle.(the gold one I did with my Dremel)

The gold switch glued in place. Sits a bit higher than I would have liked but it works. Another tip I got from "Wolf", Is using the 2 switch rings so 1 button is AUX and ON/OFF for the other. So now when I hit the top of the gold button is ON?OFF and hit the bottom for AUX.

The blade in and activated!!!!

This was fun for my first build. it needs to be polished some how. Its covered in fingerprints. Any advice on removing fingerprints? But like I said, it was fun and challenging, I've already took my Vader saber apart so I can upgrade it too!

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
Re: 2015 Mace Windu Black Series Neopixel conversion.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 05:51:38 AM »
Nice work. That's a pretty solid job for a first build.
Better late than never.

retrousse