fiduciary

Author Topic: Vaders Vault neopixel brightness vs TCSS  (Read 4555 times)

Offline AMPZ28

• No Force
Vaders Vault neopixel brightness vs TCSS
« on: August 28, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »
Hello, i have been building TCSS neopixel blades and hilts for a year now and in the meantime recieved a VV Rev-N neopixel saber. i found that the VV is significantly dimmer than the TCSS build (nano v4, 24 gauge wire).has anyone found out why the VV's are dimmer? BTW i tried the VV blade in my TCSS and it lit up nice and bright...so its not the blade, but the hilt that is limiting the brightness. Thanks

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Re: Vaders Vault neopixel brightness vs TCSS
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 02:33:03 PM »
Likely the battery in your VV saber is improperly charged or when you messed up your sd card it affected the settings, as we have not found that at all.

It would be very helpful, since you are the one that deleted your files, if you could be patient and wait for people to get back to you before posting on every conceivable forum and facebook page.  We are happy to help get you the files you need, but there was some back and forth to figure out your configuration

I have a grandchild who is terminal and a lot on my plate at the moment.  You are on the list.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline AMPZ28

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 04:39:58 AM »
These were just the findings when the battery was charged fully with the tr-001 and SD card at stock settings

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 05:55:02 AM »
From what I read on some of your various posts elsewhere you are popping blades in and out, you don't have two of the exact same blades to compare the two things side by side. So you think that one is brighter than the other when you have different blades in them and you are looking at one trying to remember what the other one look like a minute ago.  It doesn't work that way. You also don't have the two set up exactly the same. Flicker, pulse, shimmer, all of those things make a difference in the end result. As do the way that certain colors are mixed. The only way for this to be a relevant test is to have teo sabers with the exact same blades the exact same settings the exact same battery Solutions with the exact same level of charge. You then put them side-by-side and you measure with a lumen meter. I have done so. Not with your particular saber obviously but with several of my competitors and a couple of individual installer set ups. What we have found is that in most cases we are about 10% brighter. There are a few that were very close.

The other thing is that you've had the saber for months. There was no indication that you had any questions about the saber when you received it. This is after months of use and damaging your SD card that you are now reporting these findings.

Based on this, it appears to be in response to the fact that I was slow on getting you the files you were looking for that you deleted.  This is something that I'm happy to do as a customer service offering. But the files are provided when you buy the saber. It is indeed up to you to make a backup of your files. Obviously you didn't and you need the files. And I have stated I'm happy to give them to you. But I did have some other things going on personally and an awful lot on the playe so I had not gotten them to you yet. It has been only about a week since you requested them and we did go back and forth several times because initially I did not have your order number or know exactly what you're saber was. And there are variances depending on the switch setup and model saber and I wanted to make sure that I got you the correct files.

Instead of being patient you've now taking to every conceivable internet outlet to complain about our product. I find that extremely unfair. All of a sudden you're having this problem which was never mentioned. You've never come to us to give us the opportunity to see if there might be a problem with your saber or if it's something going on on your end. You just decided to get out some pitchforks because I was slow on getting you some files.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 05:59:10 AM by LUMINARA UNDULI »

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 06:06:30 AM »
Also did I see elsewhere that your set up has twin 26500 batteries and you were comparing those to a set up with a single 18650?

So 2 26500s are producing a brighter neopixel result than a single 18650?  Who knew that could be possible? :angel:

You might keep in mind that most builds can't even fit 2 18650s let alone 2 26500s, but but it is very possible that would be brighter than a single 18650.  Without knowing which battery exactly you are using as well as which protection PCB I cannot say for sure.

Again when you were going to make comparisons to something that is an abnormal set up and make statements about people's products Apples to Apples is what is a realistic comparison otherwise it becomes disingenuous.

retrousse