fiduciary

Author Topic: Cool old flashlight, saber conversion? Ideas?  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Veers

• Force User
  • Target, Maximum Firepower!
Cool old flashlight, saber conversion? Ideas?
« on: June 09, 2006, 11:31:20 AM »
Alright, so, I've had this since I was a kid, just laying around my house. I always wanted to do something with it, turn it into a lightsaber hilt or even add a glass tube or kendo stick inside. A few years later, and these ideas are quite possible!

The parts are all interchangable. I believe it's two flashlights put together, a main section from one (complete with a very Graflex-esque red button), a connector of another, another long extention piece, and the body and grip from a second flashlight, along with a base end. The end even has a D-ring attachment built in. The first body, connector, and extention are all smooth and uniform, and very sturdy. The bottom body is ridged the entire way through, and a bit less sturdy, but it does have a button. All pieces are screw-on on either end, except for the ridged peice, which slips on and held tight with ball berrings at the top, and screw on on the bottom.

Looks like a fun project.

Offline Mr.Griffin

• Master Force User
  • mmmmm... Star Wars
    • Family Guy Stuff
Re: Cool old flashlight, saber conversion? Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 05:49:26 AM »
I've never seen a flashlight like that, it should look very cool once done!
{[][][][]--{}================

(((FORMALLY MR.GRIFFIN)))

Ghost4

Re: Cool old flashlight, saber conversion? Ideas?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 06:53:22 AM »
Ah... it's neat seeing people with different handles. (saw the TFN post)

As it is meant for D cells like the old camera flashes you shouldn't have that much of an issue.

retrousse