fiduciary

Author Topic: "No such directory or file" or "could not compile for Proffieboard V2 "  (Read 3626 times)

Offline g.maldonado89

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
So I finally got done wiring my Proffie V2 into my 2005 Ep V Vader. I gutted it and rebuilt it and its got a Tri Cree R R W, a WOW spkr, 2 tactile switches and a recharge port. I downloaded everything per Fredriks page and when I attempt to Upload the copied and re-written file, it tells me that there is no such file. Fredrik also states to try ver 1.8.3 if you run into trouble, so I tried that, and instead Adurino tells me that it could not compile the file. Any help? Im using Mac OSX. I would like to finish my build finally and figure out if itll shine or blow up in my hand.

Offline profezzorn

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • May the source be with you.
    • Hubbe's Corner
Re: "No such directory or file" or "could not compile for Proffieboard V2 "
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 01:15:54 AM »
So I finally got done wiring my Proffie V2 into my 2005 Ep V Vader. I gutted it and rebuilt it and its got a Tri Cree R R W, a WOW spkr, 2 tactile switches and a recharge port. I downloaded everything per Fredriks page and when I attempt to Upload the copied and re-written file, it tells me that there is no such file. Fredrik also states to try ver 1.8.3 if you run into trouble, so I tried that, and instead Adurino tells me that it could not compile the file. Any help? Im using Mac OSX. I would like to finish my build finally and figure out if itll shine or blow up in my hand.

1.8.3 is quite old now, probably better to use a more recent version.
I need to see the config file and the complete error to be able to help.

Offline g.maldonado89

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 12:57:07 PM »

So, this is using 1.8.11. As you can see from the three images, I copy one of the config files within the Proffie Master folder, rename it (VaderR1), open the renamed copy in text edit, delete lines, go to Frederiks site, use configurator with parameters pertinent to the saber (tri Cree star RRW, two switches etc), paste in the copied file, save edited copy file with lines from configurator, go to Arduino, open the Proffie OS, go to line 24, re direct to the name specified "VaderR1_config.h", attempt to Upload, and I get the shown message. Im wondering if I'm missing something in the programming procedure or if it has to do with the Adurino software/Proffie OS itself. Worth noting, this is my first build, let alone using a Proffie. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline SilantStrike

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 06:43:45 AM »
where is your config folder relative to the ProffieOS folder?

What is the entire path to the config folder?  For example, on windows it would look like this...
D:\My Documents\ProffieOS\config

On Mac, what is your full path?

Offline g.maldonado89

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 04:28:17 PM »

Hello sir;

It is inside a folder called "ProffieOS-master" for some reason. The allocation of the files seems janky, not gonna lie.

Offline SilantStrike

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 05:24:32 AM »
Use this link to download the latest released version of ProffieOS, I believe you downloaded directly from the master branch which you should not use
https://fredrik.hubbe.net/lightsaber/ProffieOS-v3.9.zip

Your folder must be named ProffieOS, and inside it must be all the other folders/files from your screen shot

Offline g.maldonado89

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 01:17:29 PM »
So we are getting closer! haha

At the very least, now it attempts to upload the sketch. I suspect one of two (or both) issues were going on.

As suggested, I re-downloaded from the link you provided, with files consolidated within it. Ran through the motions and NOTICED, that I had omitted a space between "config" and "copy" in the file name, thereby rendering it unrecognizable to the software for location purposes. But now, i attempt to upload the script and after the countdown it yields a FAIL message, although it states upload is complete. I have attached a picture. Thank you for all the pointers by the way! I was beginning to think there was nothing i could do with the over $200 I spent on parts for this.

Offline g.maldonado89

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 11:26:40 PM »
Welp, whatever the case is, thia build will have to be put on hold. After my last reply, I installed the 18650 battery and the chassis started smoking. It began melting Khal's eco battery holder on the bottom. I reacted quickly and removed the battery. I suspected the Proffie would have fried, but as it turns out, it still does the boot up sound when i connect it to the USB port.

Either i did something wrong on the wiring, or admittedly, that battery (Imren battery? The yellow one with a lion or something) is crap. I suspect its chinese built, and its not a protected battery (lesson learned). Im looking to purchase an 18650, 15A from TCS, protected. Ill have to re wire, as that battery already has +/- wires and I was using the ones on the battery holder. Im considering re wiring everything from scratch, and with 28AWG this time instead of 26. I will have to worry about the software later when i know my build wont blow up or melt my hand.

Offline profezzorn

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Hubbe's Corner
So we are getting closer! haha

At the very least, now it attempts to upload the sketch. I suspect one of two (or both) issues were going on.

As suggested, I re-downloaded from the link you provided, with files consolidated within it. Ran through the motions and NOTICED, that I had omitted a space between "config" and "copy" in the file name, thereby rendering it unrecognizable to the software for location purposes. But now, i attempt to upload the script and after the countdown it yields a FAIL message, although it states upload is complete. I have attached a picture. Thank you for all the pointers by the way! I was beginning to think there was nothing i could do with the over $200 I spent on parts for this.

That's not an actual upload..
Is it uploading? · profezzorn/ProffieOS Wiki · GitHub

Offline g.maldonado89

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Hello sir! Thank you for your guidance and patience. With the provided link I was able to figure out that the issue was actually the port designation. After designating the correct port I was able to upload the config (apparently). Now onto uploading my Rogue Vader font. Also, I bought a Keeppower 18650 and will be using it to power my build. No more chinese batteries. Im having a hard time figuring out how to upload the font but i will get there. Again, thank you, you're a genius.

Offline g.maldonado89

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
UPDATE

Managed to upload config and font. IT WORKS! Only issue is i can only get it to FoC!! Its not remaining constantly on. Ill tinker around and see if i can get it to properly work. Font sounds good. I have 2 switches but i can only get the bottom one to work (ignition/retraction). The top one should be an aux sw, but i can't tell if it just doesn't work or if it needs an assigned function. I was planning on using it for blaster deflection or blade lock up. Will report more later.

Offline g.maldonado89

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Currently messing with the LED values on the config file. Used a "stock" config and blade is coming out pinkish! ESB Vader looking pink = real silly. Try Cree R R W installed. Anyone knows the max value i can drive a R LED

Offline g.maldonado89

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
So I'm using a modified version of this string:

{ "RgueCmdr", "tracks/venus.wav",
    StyleNormalPtr<WHITE, RED, 300, 800, RED>(), "white"},

as the string driving my ESB Vader. As of right now it actually reads:

{ "RgueCmdr", "tracks/venus.wav",
    StyleNormalPtr<WHITE, RED, 1000, 300, RED>(), "white"},

AND its still looking kinda pink and its really upsetting me. Ive tried modifying the preset to include value for all 3 LEDs ( R 1000, R 1000, W 300) but i seem to mess it up according the verification per Adurino.

I guess my question at this point would be, how do I even achieve a true red blade based on this. How do I make sure im making use of all three LEDs? Ive modified the preset a few times, its looking a better than it used to that's for sure. My daughter seems to love it though as pink is her favorite color.

Any help here would be hawt.

Offline g.maldonado89

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Anyone able to tell me what the maximum value is for each LED on a Tri Cree? R R W in this case? TCSS sent me a new tri cree free of charge since the old one had a defect in one of the R bubbles and im now working on making the blade actually *red*.

Offline profezzorn

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Hubbe's Corner
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2020, 02:02:26 PM »
Anyone able to tell me what the maximum value is for each LED on a Tri Cree? R R W in this case? TCSS sent me a new tri cree free of charge since the old one had a defect in one of the R bubbles and im now working on making the blade actually *red*.

The most ProffieOS can do, is to turn it on all the time, which usually what happens if you just select Rgb<255,0,0> or simply "Red".
The rest is up to the blade definitions and the resistors.

retrousse