fiduciary

Author Topic: How would you rate ROTS?  (Read 46617 times)

Offline acrylicsuperman

• Force User
Re: How would you rate ROTS?
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2013, 06:53:46 AM »
In all honesty, I gave it one and a half thumbs up (7).

It's my favorite of the prequel films, but in my personal opinion, I feel like Lucas really dropped the ball with that film.

There are moments in that film that I love, but there are some seriously terrible moments in it. In all honesty, you have Mace Windu who is supposed to be a great jedi warrior and Palpatine who is one of the greatest sith lords to exist. That was the WORST lightsaber duel of all time in my opinion. I really would have liked to see just how powerful Windu and Palpatine really were. I remember imagining how awesome it would be to see Palpatine with a lightsaber when I was a kid. But I didn't see that powerful sith lord or jedi. I also would have liked to see Kit Fisto and the others last more than 2 seconds. It would have been brilliant to see Palpatine play with his victims first.

I also have a bone to pick with Anakin raiding the Jedi Temple. That was another moment I waited for growing up that I never got to see. You learn about Vader, the mighty Jedi slayer, yet he storms into the temple and you don't see him kill a single jedi! You see a brief moment in the security hologram, and it eludes that he slaughtered younglings. I mean, he can go to Mustafar and kill the trade federation and separatist leaders and you get to see that just fine, but nope, not a single jedi by Anakin's hand. You get to see Jedi die during Order 66, but not by Anakin's hand, which, I believe, is a very big part of Vader's story and history. It's part of what makes Anakin fall so low. It was important. Sure, we knew he killed Jedi, but we also knew he was involved in a volcanic accident, yet we still got to see that.

The younglings scene annoys me even worse. He's in the temple, jedi are fighting all over the place and he walks into a room to handle the younglings and no one is trying to stop him. Who's taking care of all those Jedi? The 501st? That scene makes me feel like Anakin took credit for slaughtering countless Jedi that he never slaughtered. The 501st seem perfectly capable, after killing that Jedi on the landing pad. Even the 501st can kill Jedi, but yet again, we don't get to see Anakin doing that. But, i would assume that there were a ton of Jedi in that temple and I would imagine that they would have slaughtered the 501st, realistically. If it really were that easy, the sith, or anyone for that matter, could have walked right in there and done that a long time ago.

Also, the fact that all importance from Padme, minus child birth, being removed from the film was a little irritating. She went from being a founder of the rebel alliance to being reduced to brushing her hair and dying. Just felt like a really disrespectful end to a character of some importance. I think Padme deserved a bit of a story in episode III.

I don't know, those are just a few things that bug me, personally.

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2013, 12:26:44 PM »
gave it a 7.

i was expecting so much from this film on so many levels but it just never happened.
+ points.
   darth maul
   more jedi
   amazing saber fights
   vaders beginning
   pod racing
  awful acting even though there was high caliber acters involved.
  lacked atmosphere that original trilogy had
  what the xxx did they do to yoda?
  jar jar bloody binks
  far to much green screen used
  didn't feel any character connection ( bad acting )

I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline mostwanted

• Padawan Learner
  • I might reply late, I need my sleep ;-P
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2013, 09:54:25 AM »
gave it a 9,remove the youngling scene,add Jedi raid(maybe Anakin trying to convince/convert people,then not so epic battle,wouldn't  want to outshine the rest of the movie),add padme setting up a Coup against the senate(aka a better reason anakin felt betrayed and choked her)

below: 100% agree,however George Lucas couldn't add everything since the movie was already "tightly packed".

In all honesty, I gave it one and a half thumbs up (7).

It's my favorite of the prequel films, but in my personal opinion, I feel like Lucas really dropped the ball with that film.

There are moments in that film that I love, but there are some seriously terrible moments in it. In all honesty, you have Mace Windu who is supposed to be a great jedi warrior and Palpatine who is one of the greatest sith lords to exist. That was the WORST lightsaber duel of all time in my opinion. I really would have liked to see just how powerful Windu and Palpatine really were. I remember imagining how awesome it would be to see Palpatine with a lightsaber when I was a kid. But I didn't see that powerful sith lord or jedi. I also would have liked to see Kit Fisto and the others last more than 2 seconds. It would have been brilliant to see Palpatine play with his victims first.

I also have a bone to pick with Anakin raiding the Jedi Temple. That was another moment I waited for growing up that I never got to see. You learn about Vader, the mighty Jedi slayer, yet he storms into the temple and you don't see him kill a single jedi! You see a brief moment in the security hologram, and it eludes that he slaughtered younglings. I mean, he can go to Mustafar and kill the trade federation and separatist leaders and you get to see that just fine, but nope, not a single jedi by Anakin's hand. You get to see Jedi die during Order 66, but not by Anakin's hand, which, I believe, is a very big part of Vader's story and history. It's part of what makes Anakin fall so low. It was important. Sure, we knew he killed Jedi, but we also knew he was involved in a volcanic accident, yet we still got to see that.

The younglings scene annoys me even worse. He's in the temple, jedi are fighting all over the place and he walks into a room to handle the younglings and no one is trying to stop him. Who's taking care of all those Jedi? The 501st? That scene makes me feel like Anakin took credit for slaughtering countless Jedi that he never slaughtered. The 501st seem perfectly capable, after killing that Jedi on the landing pad. Even the 501st can kill Jedi, but yet again, we don't get to see Anakin doing that. But, i would assume that there were a ton of Jedi in that temple and I would imagine that they would have slaughtered the 501st, realistically. If it really were that easy, the sith, or anyone for that matter, could have walked right in there and done that a long time ago.

Also, the fact that all importance from Padme, minus child birth, being removed from the film was a little irritating. She went from being a founder of the rebel alliance to being reduced to brushing her hair and dying. Just felt like a really disrespectful end to a character of some importance. I think Padme deserved a bit of a story in episode III.

I don't know, those are just a few things that bug me, personally.

Sold - Quigon jinn Lightsaber

Sold -Korbanth Duke

Offline DarkJediKnight

• Master Force User
  • InUmbrisPotestasEst--In the shadows there is power
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2013, 10:04:11 AM »
My overall favorite is ESB but this one is a CLOSE 2nd for me. Very close! I loved the darker theme of the whole movie as well as seeing Obi Wan as a jedi master along with the more mature Anakin. This movie felt like it had a lot of power with the mature darker theme than the others and really tied everything together between the old trilogy and the new one. The Obi/Ani battle at the end was epic and defined the SW world. Excellent movie!! Tough decision on this one but it was still edged out by ESB. So close!!
MR Darth Vader ESB(stock)
MR Darth Vader ESB(converted PC2)                                  
MR Anakin AOTC "Darkside version"(converted CF5)
Yoda Replica Graflex V(CF4)
MR Anakin AOTC(converted PC3)
Hasbro Anakin ROTS(converted PC2)
Parks Replica Graflex ESB/TFA w/glass eye(CF5)

Offline Darth Maledictus

• No Force
  • Saber Staves rule
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2013, 06:46:49 AM »
Revenge of the Sith was... okay I suppose. It was the best in the PT, but that's not saying all that much. Hayden Christensen's poor acting only enforced my negative opinion of the movie. Palpatine seemed almost... goofy... once he assumed the role of Emperor, which was way out of character. There was no room for any comedy in the movie, especially after order 66. I give it a 5.

Offline Mr.Brightside

• Padawan Learner
  • I aspire to one day eat chocolate without gagging.
    • Hoth Custom Sabers
« Reply #155 on: September 18, 2015, 02:13:38 PM »
8, though i never really gave any movie more than a 9.  ROTS is my favorite of the prequel. 

Offline Drewbacca

• Padawan Learner
  • Fly Casual
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2015, 06:16:14 PM »
I love Revenge of the Sith. I have the original theatrical poster on display in my room and everything. I think it's just what a prequels needed. It was a good wrap up of the prequels that made you feel attached to everything that was happening. Again, character development is well done by Star Wars as envisioned by George Lucas. All in all, I really enjoyed the film and I think it ties in your emotions- especially the significant battle on Mustafar.  :jediblue: :vader:
Fly Casual.

Offline JudgeSabersmith

• Kind of on haitus
  • Master Force User
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2015, 08:20:17 PM »
Didn't like it.  Anakin's fall to the darkside was too sudden.  I also didn't like the lightsaber battles.  Too much flash and not enough substance.

I'm a pessimist and have extremely high standards.  I don't like most things.  Take my opinion for what you will.

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2015, 09:28:56 PM »
It's the same flaw that I see with it.  AOTC has the sappy love deal, but lots of Obi-wan.  I wish they would have fleshed out the storylines in ROTS and not had sidious v yoda, and ani/obi be so over the top.

Offline darth hondo

• Master Force User
  • there can only be two
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2015, 10:00:47 PM »
It isn't so bad but it could have and should have been better.

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2015, 02:48:59 PM »
ROTS gets a 3/10 only cos it wasn't as awful as AOTC and TPM   :cry:

retrousse