fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239271 times)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 04:20:02 PM »
Don't worry bout your PM situation DCv2.0, ....It's good to see parents setting limits on their youths net experiences, I wish more was like that, ......Good standards!

And as far as other people making fun of your lightsabers, Mockery is all something we face sooner or later when you have a passion for ANYTHING Sci-Fi. Stand by what you think and feel and don't worry what others have to say. Look at it like this, ....if they waste their time insulting what you enjoy, ...then something must be missing from their lives, why else would they ridicule something YOU like just to make themselves feel better. It's kinda sad really.

Now onto MY rant, .....

I HAVE  A SNUGGIE!!, There, ...I said it! It's comfortable and now I can lay on my sofa, and type on the laptop without moving a blanket, ....cuz a snuggie has arm holes!

I hate it when people make fun of my snuggie!

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 04:24:40 PM »
I hate kids who think lightsabers are stupid and are too arrogant to see past their own noses and look at the fun we have.

Simulated conversation between me and some kids at school:

Kid 1: I heard you were outside with a lightsaber?
Kid 2: You're joking right? That's really nerdy.
Me: What color was it?
Kid 1: I don't know he said it was red.
Kid 3: You have a red lightsaber? Cool.
Me: Actually I have two red ones, a blue one and I'm working on a white one. Not to mention my long sword, my bow, and my quarter staff.
Kid 1: Weirdo.
Kid 2: Creep.
Kid 3: Awesome!

So like one out of three people that come to me to talk SW, laughs and practically spits in my face. I don't really mind though now that I think about, the other ones that enjoy listening to me, make up for it. I even have teachers that are SW fans. I don't see whats so wrong about lightsabers. My brother thinks they're for little kids, and he looks at me funny when I go outside. He says I'm embarrassing him. I tell him i don't care, and that it makes me happy to left alone with my sabers. I needed to let that out.

You know what else I hate? I hate that my parents won't let my PM. It makes me looks snobbish when no one gets an answer from me. Sorry guys... :-\ :-[

Hey Caden, don't worry too much about these kids and / or what they think. It's a great hobby that involves keeping you in shape, your mind focused and helps you develope self-confidence through co-ordination and and dexterity. Look past their flaws and see where they are coming from. You don't need to lower yourself to their levels, just understand there shortcomings. It will help you look at things from their POV and you can use this to help you be more at peace.

It's hard to see at your age, in fact, some at my age still don't see it. But these are the ones who've done nothing with their lives or are suffering some type of pain. Don't lower yourself to them, but always be there if they need a hand.

Some people call this being being a good sport, some call it being a great guy. I just believe it makes you feel better. That happiness will work into anyone who's feeling down.

OK, my Gripe.......

Why the Deuce do singers at sports games butcher the Canadian National Athem with their "own" personal twist and sometimes messing up the Americacn Anthem (Which I feel is such a beautiful song. Heck, I've heard it so much, I can sing along)

Some things are NOT ment to be changed or personalized.... ::)

Lord Call, you beat me to it. You got a Snuggie?!?! I would love one, but I am just to cheap right now. I have an old, holey baby blue blanket that I won't get rid of until it dies. Old Blue was there for me during my surgery, so I am forever grateful! :D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 05:57:48 AM by HAN SOLO »

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 04:45:04 PM »
Thanks guys. It just irratates me that's all. If it came down to it, I could best all of them in just about anything they picked, whether it be sword fighting, guerilla dueling or hand to hand.

I also hate it when my MR doesn't work right and I have to take the stupid thing apart! like right now. I have to clean the connecting pins off. ::) :-\ Oh well, shouldn't take too long.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 06:40:52 PM »
DCv2.0, you mean that 33% of the people you know think what you do is cool?  Dude, I have to find people in other states and COUNTRIES TO TALK TO.

BUT......

The good news about all this is this is a very easy way of vetting people to associate with.  Please feel free to follow Han's advice of being the better person that doesn't feel the need to perpetuate the cycle of cynicism and elitism.  I personally prefer the 'well who needs you then?' philosophy.  When I was in high school, I would have given anything to be popular.  And 5'7", and blonde with blue eyes.  Now I realize that being unique (as I am anything but the All-American cheerleader in appearance - but not as bad as Captain Vero) is infinitely WAY cooler than being part of a me-too crew.

So, staying on topic, I HATE it when people call my by my first name.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
Was forced to move out of my dorm room because my financial aid was cut off (partially my fault  ::)), lost my work study job, moved into my sister's place (she doesn't have internet), but I'm still going to school. I have to find a job to pay for my school fees, art class supplies, pay for the remainder of my costumes, finally buy my flight to SDCC 09 and spending money... *sighs* Oh, and I've got a few bills to pay for  :'( grr.... I know. Some of you have far worse going on... but I guess I'm also sharing why I haven't been around as much as I used to...
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 07:47:57 PM »
Well, to relieve some of your stress, I have your "little man" going out to you this week! ;)

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline RogueJedi

• Vagabond Master
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back!
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 08:05:29 PM »
Nothing major I guess, but it frustrated me all the same. I was working on my MHS saber and I was wiring my new LED up to a quick disconnect. Because it was night I had my speaker unplugged so I wouldn't wake the family up. I tested the new LED and got a flicker but no light, so I figured the battery connection was bad, but nope it wasn't. Then I tried my prized Bin 1 Cyan and the same thing happened. That was when it dawned on me the board had been accidently switched on and I couldn't tell because the speaker was off. SO I just blew TWO LEDs in less than 5 minutes, and I don't know where I can get another BIN 1 Cyan as Jango sent that one to me. :-\

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 03:05:32 PM »
Well, to relieve some of your stress, I have your "little man" going out to you this week! ;)

YAY!! And he'll go right with the Target SE Boba Fett Unleashed and 501st Clone Wars Clone figure (carded and near mint) figure I got in the mail yesterday  ;D The replacing is going along well! hehe... soon I shall have replaced all that was taken from me... *rubs hands deviously*
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 04:19:08 PM »
Nothing major I guess, but it frustrated me all the same. I was working on my MHS saber and I was wiring my new LED up to a quick disconnect. Because it was night I had my speaker unplugged so I wouldn't wake the family up. I tested the new LED and got a flicker but no light, so I figured the battery connection was bad, but nope it wasn't. Then I tried my prized Bin 1 Cyan and the same thing happened. That was when it dawned on me the board had been accidently switched on and I couldn't tell because the speaker was off. SO I just blew TWO LEDs in less than 5 minutes, and I don't know where I can get another BIN 1 Cyan as Jango sent that one to me. :-\

BIN 2 looks just a s good.

Now for my turn.

I hate it when you tell people to not PM you, and then they PM 25 times asking about a custom saber they are never going to pay for....

Offline RogueJedi

• Vagabond Master
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back!
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 09:18:26 PM »
Wow DT that sucks... unfortunately it seems to be happening more.

Any idea where I can get a BIN 2?

Oh and stress #2:

I can't stand the fact that most of my teachers hold double standards. It cost me a letter grade in my Physics course and almost cost me one in my Calc course. >:( I am getting tired of the random kid who sucks up to the teacher, but doesn't do any work getting an A, while I work my butt off and get a C. I know that life isn't fair and I should get used to it, but it still makes me angry. Wow I had to censor my self for the first time in a long time...

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 07:46:10 PM »
Well I just polished off a box of kleenex in less than 48 hours.  :'(  I hate colds.  My head is about to explode and I slept about 3 hours last night.  >:(

Needless to say I didn't go to work today.  Flying with blocked tubes = ruptured eardrums.  :'(

Offline Qui-gol Reyah

• Darth Claven
  • Force User
  • "I know! There was nothing I could have done!"
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 03:03:46 PM »
Wanna double Han Solo's gripe about singers butchering the National Anthem (no matter which nation).

Let's get this straight:  A national anthem should inspire fealty and patriotism for the country--not be some kind of gymnasium to showcase the vocal acrobatics of some yahoo who's noodling around, whipping out scales and arpeggios until his or her neck snaps.

If you wanna take an inspirational song that means something to millions of people and slaughter it in front of a crowd, try out for "American Idol," dweebs! 

Wait for the Super Bowl tomorrow, and you'll probably see what I mean.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 03:25:18 PM »
My turn to vent. First, I like working for a goverment contractor, but when teh contrect changes, we have to go through a screening process that is so ridiculous, I want to quit. We have to fill out an info packet that is so in depth, that it makes you wonder what the government doesn't already know. They even want to know how much I have at any given moment in my bank account, and what the name, address, and phone number of my landlord from 7 years ago. WHO CARRIES THAT INFO?!

For my second one, I hate dreams that you die in. I had one today that scared the xxxx out of me. I almost started crying it was that bad. Geez, what the heck causes those so it doesn't happen again?

Thanks for letting me vent. I know I will be back here, I work for the government. :(

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »
Sorry to hear about your dreams Senti.  I can agree with the government thing.  My wife was a systems analyst for the Navy for 12 years.  Boy do I have stories.  :-\  No wonder we are in the mess we are in right now.  I'm really surprised it took so long for us to get here.

As for the national anthem I agree with the roller coaster vocals.  It is very annoying.  There are lots of great singers country and contemp that could do a very moving rendition.

There is only one NA in my mind that was insulting to us as a country check out Rosanne Barr.  >:(
What a disgrace.  I'm surprised an angry mob didn't rush the field.

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 04:46:10 PM »
I hate people who laugh at me for listening to the They Might be Giants "The Mesopotamians" song. here's the video-

Don't laugh cause I like it. It sound stupid, but it's actually a cool song.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

retrousse