fiduciary

Author Topic: Anakin RotS vs. Luke ANH vs. Luke ESB  (Read 2556 times)

Offline jediwes

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Anakin RotS vs. Luke ANH vs. Luke ESB
« on: April 26, 2006, 09:59:21 AM »
I finally received the Luke Skywalker ANH .45 replica to complete the cycle of Anakin's lightsaber.  While comparing the three, I noticed that the ESB saber hilt is physically wider than the RotS and ANH hilts.  I can understand the cosmetic changes to the grips and the power switch locations, but I'm not sure what story would explain why the ESB hilt is actually larger.  If you match the blade ends up to each other, the hood on the ESB is noticeably larger.

Offline Snoballz

• Master Force User
  • a toy never played with is not a toy at all
Re: Anakin RotS vs. Luke ANH vs. Luke ESB
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 10:16:41 AM »
that's unusual.  I don't have the ESB .45 to compare, but the ESB and ANH should be the exact same size.

Offline jediwes

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 11:11:56 AM »
Yeah, I was surprised too.  I already had the Anakin RotS and received the Luke ESB next and noticed the difference then.  I waited for the Luke ANH to see what its dimensions were before posting.  Apparently the Luke ESB is the oddball.  Now all I have to get to complete the 'regular' .45 collection is the Obi-wan and Dooku AotC's, and the Vader ESB.  :)

After the Qui-Gon .45 TPM comes out this year, I wonder if there are any plans to make a Windu TPM (since it did exist and was different/uglier than the AotC/RotS build) and an Obi-Wan TPM (I'm not sure if this build was different than AotC, but unlike Mace's it was actually activated in the movie.)  Yoda's AotC was identical (if I remember correctly) to the RotS, so I doubt they'll do that one.

Offline Snoballz

• Master Force User
  • a toy never played with is not a toy at all
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 11:39:55 AM »
Yeah, I was surprised too.  I already had the Anakin RotS and received the Luke ESB next and noticed the difference then.  I waited for the Luke ANH to see what its dimensions were before posting.  Apparently the Luke ESB is the oddball.  Now all I have to get to complete the 'regular' .45 collection is the Obi-wan and Dooku AotC's, and the Vader ESB.  :)

After the Qui-Gon .45 TPM comes out this year, I wonder if there are any plans to make a Windu TPM (since it did exist and was different/uglier than the AotC/RotS build) and an Obi-Wan TPM (I'm not sure if this build was different than AotC, but unlike Mace's it was actually activated in the movie.)  Yoda's AotC was identical (if I remember correctly) to the RotS, so I doubt they'll do that one.

Congrats on almost finishing the collection.  I'm only an Anakin AOTC, Vader ESB and Luke ESB away from that goal also.

If they plan to continue the .45 saber line the Mace and Obi-Wan TPM, will probably follow.  The Obi-Wan TPM has a few small differences than the AOTC version, the most noticeable being holes drilled in the pommel cubes.

Myself, I'm hoping for a Vader ROTJ.  It's so ugly it's beautiful.  Maybe even a Luke "Holiday Special" mini.  That would be the first mini that costs more than the actual prop.  ;D

Offline toos

• Master Force User
  • That's Treason!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 07:04:10 PM »
so do you have the luke ESB .45?
Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 04:16:42 AM »
Interesting discovery you have made there Jediwes :)

Offline toos

• Master Force User
  • That's Treason!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 05:11:46 PM »
indeed.
Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

Offline Dustil Onasi

• Force User
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 04:58:04 PM »
ESB is the greatest saber in my opinion

can you post comparison pic and Pics of the ESB saber pleaseeeeeeeeee
Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Offline jediwes

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 09:59:50 AM »
I'll do this either tonight or tomorrow night.  As an aside, I just bought the Vader ESB through a BIN Ebay auction ($29 shipped) ... couldn't use my MR discount on the MR website because I've maxed out the coupon uses (yes, both of them).  So that leaves only the AOTC Dooku and Obi-Wan remaining ... so close to completion.  After that, I can start chipping away at the exclusives (the European ones are gonna be tough)

Offline jediwes

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 02:20:21 PM »
Stay on target ...
Just received my AotC Count Dooku from Ebay, so that only leaves the AotC Obi-Wan to become caught up in the non-exclusive replicas.  I can take my time tracking down the exclusives, which I have about half of anyways.  Once I get the Obi-Wan, then I can find some way to display them all to take a picture.

Also just bought my second Darth Maul FX from Borders yesterday (All together it probably cost me about $120-$130 total*) to complete my recent FX collection (Luke RotJ Borders, Mace, Anakin RotS, Vader ESB) only to find out moments ago that MR is releasing an Obi-Wan RotS.  And now I'm conflicted as to whether I want to get that, since the color is the same as Anakin's, and the hilt is similar to Luke's.

*In case anyone wants the best deal possible on the Darth Maul FX ...
Step 1 - Get it from Borders, their retail is $99.
Step 2 - Use this 30% off coupon, good for another week.  You'll have to sign up for the Borders Rewards card, which is free and you can use the personal shopping day for another 10% off.
http://www.slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13489&d=1146673574
Step 3 - To really add on savings, if you preplan, look for Borders Gift Cards on Ebay.  They roughly sell for 80% of face value.

So technically, it is possible to buy each for ($99-30%-10%)*80%+ tax = ~$100.

retrousse