fiduciary

Author Topic: Novastar and Caine's Saber Combat System "NCSCS" (1st COMPLETE System!)  (Read 61875 times)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Re: Novastar's Staged Combat Tutorial #2
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 11:52:19 PM »
I would certainly be interested in this...I have the FX Sabers spin DVD and Caine's Level 1 DVD and if I ever get lucky enough to get a CF will definitely get Novastar's Compendiums too but this collaboration sounds like the logical 'Next Great Step' to take saber arts 'to the next level'.

Imo a JOINT release on a single DVD from both Masters working together would be doubly impressive and create a 'synergy' that would be AWESOME...I certainly can understand how the price should reflect that and think any serious saberfan could understand that too. Very best of Luck with this it is a great idea!
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Mikkyo of the Sith

• Experienced Force User
  • Peace is a lie. . .
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 02:03:55 AM »
Is it me? Or do smell awesome?  8) I personally am just starting coreographed video fights with friends and look forward to meeting fellow locals @ the Santa Cruz Jedi Academy. This/these dvd's can/could help quite a bit.  8)

Offline StrengthOfRage

• No Force
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 05:00:51 AM »
I would definitely be down, I loved the tutorial in your first compendium  ;D

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 08:54:22 AM »
Count me in. I would love to see a collabiration between you guys. Big fan of Nova's coreography and Caine's training vids. Can't wait to see what the two of you can come up with together!

Offline Pax Magnus

• No Force
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 12:46:20 PM »
Candidly, though I've been meaning to pick up Anakin's spin DVD and Caine's DVD, as well as Novastar's sound founts if I ever get a CF, I've neglected to do so because of the hassle inherent in it.  PM this guy, then send him money via Paypal, wait for some indeterminate period of time for it to arrive... rinse and repeat for each item.  I'd definitely pay a premium for the simplicity.  Not only would I buy both of these DVDs you're talking about, but if you had a package with both Nova's sound fonts, I'd buy that too.  If you could somehow link up with Anakin and include his spin tutorial DVD, the circle would be complete.

One final thought, it's always baffled me that none of these DVDs or CDs are available on a retail site like Ultrasabers or TCSS.  I would love to have access to pick up the DVDs along with other purchases within an established e-commerce system, plus it might broaden the audience.  Might be worth looking into.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 10:38:23 PM »
Candidly, though I've been meaning to pick up Anakin's spin DVD and Caine's DVD, as well as Novastar's sound founts if I ever get a CF, I've neglected to do so because of the hassle inherent in it.  PM this guy, then send him money via Paypal, wait for some indeterminate period of time for it to arrive... rinse and repeat for each item.  I'd definitely pay a premium for the simplicity.  Not only would I buy both of these DVDs you're talking about, but if you had a package with both Nova's sound fonts, I'd buy that too.
These are all GREAT ideas of course!  Really!  Some have been considered before (you'll see below from my response)...

Now... still, understand that I'm just one dude trying to do what I can, bring my customers good stuff... yet ALSO minimize complexity for myself as well.

As for my current CDs and ordering--it's a very simple transaction ( http://www.thecuttingedge.s5.com/bop/nstar_cdset.html ) and I ship quickly.  Always have.  Anyone who orders on (for example) Monday usually means I'll ship Monday or Tuesday, and depending on where you are... CD(s) arrive within a few days.  Shipping costs are an average of precisely what I must pay.  In fact lately... shipping outside the U.S. now costs me MORE than what I list, but... I figure it all works out in the end.

If you could somehow link up with Anakin and include his spin tutorial DVD, the circle would be complete.
Funny you mention that... Paul and I used to chat a bit--some years ago.  I just messaged him yesterday--we'll see what can be done!  I was thinking something similar...

One final thought, it's always baffled me that none of these DVDs or CDs are available on a retail site like Ultrasabers or TCSS.  I would love to have access to pick up the DVDs along with other purchases within an established e-commerce system, plus it might broaden the audience.  Might be worth looking into.
Ironically enough... these things HAVE been looked into.  I approached TCSS some time ago regarding the CF CDs, but they don't really "fit" there anyhow since Tim doesn't sell Crystal Focus anyhow.

Ultra (Alex) approached me some time ago about the staged combat tutorials... but the follow-up work just isn't/wasn't there.  I imagine there have been a lot more stressful things going on for Ultra, including the weird goings on with the US board (and it being discontinued)... and other things.

I have new websites coming... one for my main "sabre fencing" job... and the other for the whole "Novastar" and SW style stuff.  Hopefully on my upcoming "SW" or Novastar site... we can include exactly of what you speak!!  As in:

* Links to buying (or direct shopping cart) for Anakin's (Paul's/Banditcar's) Saber Spin Tutorials
* Links to buying (or direct shopping cart) for Caine's (Mark's) Saber Combat Tutorials
* Obviously, direct shopping for NSCFCD#1 and NSCFCD#2...
* Also, Novastar's Staged Combat Tutorial #2...
* Eventually... a CF Sound Font "library", complete with links, videos/examplers and descriptions--not just of "my own" fonts on the CDs (guest fonts too!)... but hopefully a list of others' fonts as well
* Eventually... (yikes)... ... NSCFCD#3... (which may end up being a DVD)

So... yes... LOTS to come I suppose!!  And obviously, with Caine and myself working together (not just because it's "smart", it's also because we've really become good friends!!)... it's a stronger/better end result than if we just worked alone.
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 10:55:33 PM »
To add to this, it's also important to note:

Nova and I are actually in the talks of forming our own website (I say we call it "NovaCaine Concepts"  HAHAHAHA )

This site will be dedicated to ALL things saber combat and saber combat only. We would obviously make our CD's available for order on this site of course.

*I also am thinking about making a compendium of my original saber forms....the YouTube ones that started it all....as a special release. I still have then all, and they can be considered "beginner" forms per se.

*Nova and I still need to finalize this, and I still need to confirm it...it would be cool to do a joint release...two powerful and attractive saber players showing you da moves...who can put a price on that???  ;D

*I am going to speak to Alex regarding carrying the CD's. Alex has been a great help in selling me sabers for my saber combat classes, and this would only benefit Ultrasabers even more....obviously, TCSS isn't a choice because Tim has his own business model to focus on and that's cool. I support Ultra in every way I can and this will support him more.

*With the last C.F. release, I included my Level 1 DVD (which I think I am actually going to scrap since our system has evolved so much)...I may just include that Forms Compendium CD as with the next release if Erv would like....I still need to talk to him about that.

With mine and Nova's combined strength, we can....oh never mind... you get the picture.  :D

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 01:03:34 AM »
ROFL @ "NovaCaine Concepts"  ;D

That all sounds very promising...its nice to see how the evolution of this aspect of the hobby is proceeding in good hands.

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 12:51:51 PM »
Ok!  Now that the wedding is over (yup, my wedding... not to mention--Caine (Mark) officiated!!)... ... we're back to work on this.  :)

We'll release another teaser soon enough.  In general, we'll probably break it down into a few DVDs, each with certain "levels" of stuff.  This way we can:

* Offer content as we finish filming/editing/organizing
* Allow people to buy one part of the package, some of it, or all of it...
* Offer a package deal when everything is 100% complete
* Avoid feeling like we have to "pack it all in" to a single DVD

There's a bit more to say/update you guys on with this, but we'll save that for another time!  Hopefully soon!

Thanks again to you ALL for posted some words of blessing regarding my marriage... very cool of y'all...  8)
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: Novastar and Caine's Staged Combat System (1st Complete System!)
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 02:16:09 AM »
Caine created this 2nd teaser, and I think it looks great!  He did a fine job (he's just starting to mess with editing video), so tell him what ya thought!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oi_LUv_EIM

I'm personally looking forward to unleashing the system on everyone.  In fact--I don't think people quite know the extent of how detailed it will be.  It's literally a complete combat system... definitely geared toward "Star Wars" style stuff... but the system is also very "portable"...

What I mean by that is... if you learn what we'll be teaching--it can be applied to almost any art, "move" or technique you've learned...

It's hard to explain what I mean... but you will all see, soon enough.  Most of the unexplainable part... will be in the NOTATION, denotation, and general pedagogy of putting it all together... into one coherent and COMPLETE system!!  :)

Click here.

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 02:58:13 PM »
Nova, the link doesn't work. It says,"An error occurred. Please try again later."
I am anxiously awaiting this release.
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 03:00:23 PM »
Nova, the link doesn't work. It says,"An error occurred. Please try again later."
I am anxiously awaiting this release.

That's YouTube being stupid.

Just try it again  ;)  I just checked it with no errors.

Offline Aelde Renn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 04:05:29 PM »
So, that is just a taste of the finished product, eh?  Looks spectacular!  Loving the soundtrack, too.  ;) 

It'll be awhile before I'd be doing any of those high kicks, though, nowhere near that limber anymore...LOL

Anything worth doing is worth doing right; anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 04:07:34 PM »
If it has at least one section on staffs, then yes, I'm interested. :)
Just as a matter of note, Caine and I recorded some staff stuff last time we met/filmed.  :)  Good stuff.  And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

And yes, the video does work!  :)  Y-tube sometimes goes down/has issues of course, as all sites do.

Finally... forgive both Caine and I for "double-posting" the videos (both on each of our y-tube accounts)... but it makes sense so that we don't miss out on letting anyone know!

Click here.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 04:20:13 PM »
Great teaser! Can't wait!

And it's a shame those CFs are too darn loud...couldn't hear what you guys were saying! :D

retrousse