fiduciary

Author Topic: Windsor Dueling  (Read 4473 times)

Offline Terias

• Force User
Windsor Dueling
« on: October 09, 2010, 01:14:03 PM »
hey, looking to get a group together to duel and all around nerd out starwars style.  Im in windsor ontaro so anyone around the general area please feel free to gimme a shout

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
  • Canadian Jedi do it in the snow
Re: Windsor Dueling
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 02:08:19 PM »
I'm in Kitchener, ON.

Are you talking like L.A.I.R.E. in the movie 'Role Models', or like a 'Jedi Gym'?

Either way sounds like wicked fun, but I'm no expert duelist and I work like 75% of my life. If it's along the lines of role playing(L.A.I.R.E.), there would have to be enough people interested to make it fun. I know some people who would be down, but we'd have to advertise the event(s) to fill it up with heads. If it's serious 'want to learn' stuff you're after, then a space is needed to do so, and learning material needs to be attained.

I don't know if many Ontarians know just how fun this hobby is, but I'm glad it's getting around. Just a few months ago, I attended a 'Lightsaber Battle' in front of the ROM(Royal Ontario Museum). Turned out to be pretty fun with lots of people, but there were lots of parents with their kids and eventually it turned into some freaky rave...(what?). It got weird.

Anyway, good to meet you man. Maybe our blades will clash.....   or slash side by side... ;)

Offline Terias

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
well its nothing formal as for a bita role play.. Meh I usually ham it up when dueling.. "you shall be defeated" quips and what not..
as for now its more of a club Im trying to start just to get together with people who are also interested in this.. but nice to meet ya, I"ll keep you informed if anything takes off

Offline Terias

• Force User
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 09:11:19 AM »
So to anyone watching this topic.. Im planning a meet of sorts some point this November.   We'll be doing some choreographed stuff and some non.. and probably filming it (if we get anything good we'll rotoscope it and youtube that crap).. have about 5 people or so comming already (not all of us have sabers.. but when Im done with'em they will  ;D ) so anyone in the area feel free to come down, I will post location and date once its been settled

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
  • Canadian Jedi do it in the snow
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 11:04:07 AM »
I will inform my peeps. Looking forward to details.

Offline Terias

• Force User
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 12:13:30 PM »
well, it seems that I will be able to get us a Gym at a local community center so we dont have to freeze outside.. My question is anyone interested in comming, what would be a good november date for you and how many people will be comming?  once I know when people can come I can set a final date and book the place

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 11:16:19 AM »
I am personally interested to see how many others like me are in the Windsor, Ontario region that would like to do what Terias mentioned,  getting together, geeking out, building, dueling etc.  We need a presence in this area.  The Star Wars geeks in Canada can't ALL be that far from here.  (Yes, I already know about the London groups, I'm talking something that doesn't take 2 hours to get to.)

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 12:29:52 PM »
I live in Lapeer, MI and it's 1 1/2 hours away from my house if I'm not mistaken. Be nice to see some peeps and of course show off some sabers. I have 2 vv stunts to play with as well.

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 02:44:43 AM »
I'm a bit closer to Windsor than djobitwan7 (who is a friend and have met a handful of times)...

I'm curious who else is close by... would be fun to have a dueling/sparring session (DRL has prevented djobitwan7 and I from doing that yet... hey... we do have lives outside of sabers  ;D)

But it doesn't hurt to line up the crew... 8)

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 08:30:42 AM »
Quite frankly, I've always wanted to find enough people to eventually start a chapter for the Rebel Legion.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 02:12:06 AM »
Actually I'm a part of the Rebel Legion:
http://greatlakesbase.com/

It covers the gambit of RL members from the midwest... I believe that for Windsor, your base would be the Rebel Legion's Canada base:
http://mtfbwy.ca/

The chapter's are not so easy to form... especially with established bases already in place...

I know that it is hard with groups two hours away... but if you wanted an RL group to join... that is your only current option.

BUT if you just wanted to meet up with other like minded people to duel and spar and such... that would be possible. :)

retrousse