fiduciary

Author Topic: Novastar and Caine's Saber Combat System "NCSCS" (1st COMPLETE System!)  (Read 61859 times)

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
EDIT:  Caine (KJN Mark Preader) and I decided to team up and combine our work/ideas/techniques into one complete system!  If you're reading this... the information below is still applicable... but it's not just "my" work anymore!!  We doin' it TWO-gether, heheh.  NovaCaine out, lmao... :P
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since I released my very basic staged combat tutorial on the Crystal Focus Compendium #1...

(located here... ... ...
)

...back in August of 2008 (the tutorial was bundled in there with all the crazy sounds and so forth!!)...
...I have long wanted to:

* Release the 1st staged combat tutorial "on its own" or with other related materials
* Work with Caine together on some combat concepts (which we have done)
* Work on a more complete "system" that includes at least "a little of everything"
* Include some basic "tricking" or hand-to-hand combat moves
* Film at least one more sizeable 100% live long battle (like the 250 battle on NSCFCD#1)

So... my question to the general folks out there is...

...would anyone want to pick this up?  As in--would it be interesting enough for you to buy, given the fact that I really don't KNOW how many of you enjoy dueling, practice certain moves, apply it to choreography/sparring, etc. etc.

Caine and I are working together to help one another on these, so... keep that in mind!  We're learning together on these... helping one another out... growing concepts together, and generally trying to make a great overall system!

Some things included would be:

* Numbering system and basics (of course)... these are from tutorial #1
* Basic saber spins with a system to identify these... and build more complex "chains of spins" -- shout out to "Banditcar" (Paul) on these, since... he's basically covered these in a very awesome way!!
* Saber spin "form" -- for practicing as many types of spins as you can all at once
* Combat forms that "match up" as attack form vs. defense form... which can be learned/practiced individually... but these also PAIR/SYNC UP PERFECTLY and WORK TOGETHER!  :)
* Advanced moves and the pedagogy/notation system of writing everything down so that you and a partner (or more!) can pick up a "fight sheet"... and start practicing!  Or... if you are trying to put together a fight--you need not memorize everything all at once--writing it down in a succinct manner will help you pick it up a week later, a month later, etc. etc.
* Basic "tricking" & kicking moves, and quick, succinct walk-throughs to learn these moves.  I'll focus only on moves that I think anyone and everyone could learn (given time + work), and also ones that can be done easily while holding an LED prop / saber prop, etc.

It's a bit hard to explain how my staged combat tutorials will unfold together... but I can guarantee that it will change the way you look at choreography and... if you've always felt that you "could never do a saber fight" with someone because you feel everything is "too complex" to remember or even execute... ah-ha!  I have another guarantee that when I break it all down... you could easily begin to see--it would merely take some practice + time & effort to make a pretty dynamic and interesting fight/choreography piece!

OK!  So... would love to hear your honest opinions on these things.  :)  I mean... no sense in me doing such a thing if it would only help 5-10 people, hehehh!  But for 30-60 or > people... I would most definitely do it.

Much thanks to you all, and... look for teaser videos soon enough--that will help give an idea of what you'll see!

MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!!!!    (~*~*~*~*~*~* Teaser Video
*~*~*~*~*~*~)

Again, super big shout out to Mark (Caine) for helping me with the filming of my objectives.  It's impossible to film such things alone, heheheh (duh).

--Novastar
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:25:43 AM by Novastar »
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
Re: Novastar's Staged Combat Tutorial #2
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 11:53:34 AM »
I'm interested.
Loved your BOP I and II and would be totally interested in learning (and maybe being able to teach others :o) staged combat moves.

Offline Snake-Eyes

• Experienced Force User
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 12:33:42 PM »
*raises hand*  I'm interested.   :)

Gotta love a good, user-friendly tutorial... especially for those of us who are no longer in an active martial-arts program/routine...  :-\

Sounds great!  ;D

Never under-estimate the Will and Ingenuity of the Oppressed...

Offline JamoUp

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 12:37:39 PM »
I would 100% get it. The first one, in the compendium, was very informative and helpful. A full length, with all these features would be very nice.

Offline darthxanthus

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms
    • Xanthus Laboratories
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 12:43:42 PM »
I'd pick it up. ;D
Find me on Facebook.  Look for Xanthus Laboratories fan page.

or on Imperial Royal Arms website!

Offline Mikkyo of the Sith

• Experienced Force User
  • Peace is a lie. . .
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 03:24:25 PM »
Want.  8)

Offline silmero

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 04:13:08 PM »
Very interested.

Offline darthxanthus

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms
    • Xanthus Laboratories
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 05:11:44 PM »
I may require "Abdul" to be in this one however.....

Maybe some singing from Erv....
Find me on Facebook.  Look for Xanthus Laboratories fan page.

or on Imperial Royal Arms website!

Offline Pax Magnus

• No Force
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 07:15:50 PM »
I want it, yes please.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 07:44:31 PM »
It's good to see all this interest!

Nova and I were talking today about this....this system that we are working on is to be the most dynamic, thorough and comprehensive LED saber system EVER developed. Whereas Nova's focus is primarily stage combat, my focus is:

*The Forms Of Saber Combat.....as Nova mentioned they are now more about fighting styles moreso than a kata (it can still be done that way, too!)
*Saber to saber disarms
*Utilizing real martial arts with your saber.
*Fun and exciting drills to do in your saber classes/clubs

Would y'all like us to do a JOINT release DVD or a SINGLE release from each of us?

Please keep in mind that we need to price this properly. Nova is a master stage combat choreographer and certified fencing instructor...I am a 5th degree black belt and martial arts school owner with 18 years of experience in several martial arts...I am not tooting our own horns here but please remember that there is tremendous value in what we are offering...we meet every Friday and train 2 plus hours to bring you all this stuff...so we want to make sure this reflects in the price.

Why? Because we feel that saberplay/martial arts is one of the best things you can do   ;D

Thoughts.....

Offline JamoUp

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 08:04:33 PM »
I say a combined DVD. If the tutorials are clear, concise, and slow enough for me to learn from, paying for the instruction would be well worth it.  From the looks of the interest thus far, we are all willing to pay for our own at home private lessons.

Offline silmero

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 08:21:36 PM »
Combined- both names on the box plus that much more content will help it sell.

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 08:38:50 PM »
If it has at least one section on staffs, then yes, I'm interested. :)

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 10:18:58 PM »
For what I plan to release... it certainly would.  Basic spins would be covered... additionally, I'd pick up where I left off regarding the staff actions from my first tutorial (really, it's not all THAT much different in terms of the targets with the combat system I use).  I'll cover some on dual sabers (not DUEL sabers, hahahah) as well.  Notation becomes really important with these of course.
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 10:40:48 PM »
For what I plan to release... it certainly would.  Basic spins would be covered... additionally, I'd pick up where I left off regarding the staff actions from my first tutorial (really, it's not all THAT much different in terms of the targets with the combat system I use).  I'll cover some on dual sabers (not DUEL sabers, hahahah) as well.  Notation becomes really important with these of course.

Nova: We can do that 2 person staff fighting set I told you about.  ;D

Oh, and I CAN cover duel sabers.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 12:50:36 AM by caine drathul »

retrousse