fiduciary

Author Topic: A new review from a new dude.  (Read 5872 times)

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
A new review from a new dude.
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:09:43 PM »
Hello all,
Im new here n this is my 1st post (duh).. Sorry, my english isnt very good but as long as we understand each other, its alright isnt it.
Okay, i just bought a brand new Anakin FX saber last night, its only my second saber after a Gen2 ANH Vader. And, to my suprise, the hilt is awesomely built with extra heaviness compared to the vader's, and i like that.

After reading some posts on Aayla's thread im sure i got the 'metal' one, bcause it feels just..too solid to be plastic., and it has the label sticker with clear background (not the yellow ones) on the hilt.
Someone suggested that we should keep these stickers in safe, just in case, but i threw them all away.. ;D

So, having only a Vader ANH FX to compare to, i took both sabers outdoor in the middle of the night n my neighbours were all sleepin. The Anakin FX was tested on the store but with weak batteries (just to make sure its working). So, with fresh batteries (Duracell) installed on both sabers, i switchd both to ON, and .."Psszwwangg!" the Anakin FX's power-up fx is faster than the vader's. But the most amazing thing is absolutly the sound, its louder than my vader.
Another things that is quite obvious is blotchiness on the blade!! I can see there r 3 faint spots, faint but noticable. Blotches also visible on my vader, but its already a year old and had gone thru many events and light duels to justify itself. I power these babes with fresh Duracells ('normal' Duracell i guess, since theres no indication of any special version on the label). But i can live with that..

Okay, so both sabers was on. Next, i tested the clash sound fx, and the Anakin is less-sensitive than the vader. With the Vader, i can just give it a slight knock and it senses it straightway, but not with the Anakin. I had to hit it quite hard (but still controlled) against the vader blade to really brought out the clash sounds. I dunno about this, but the seller dude told me its normal for a new saber, just need time to make the sensor more sensitive. But i didnt have this prob when i bought my Vader (brand new). The sensor on the vader works fine out of the box. This is a bit frustrating as i dont intend to hit these sabers hard to hear the clash fxs. But i can live with that..

Swinging and doing tricks with the saber is really easy, thanks to the shape and the 'heaviness' of the hilt. The motion sensor is playing its job well too.
Build quality has improved. On my Vader fx, i could see some glue marks on the hilt & im too afraid to rub it off, afraid tht things will fall apart but not on my Anakin fx, the quality is class. Right now, im thinking of the right solution to wash out the sticker marks on the hilt.
And this reminds me to buy a glove to keep the shining longer.

The social impact this saber gives? Well, my wife was questioning my purchase of another fx (shes not a starwars fan) when she thought the money could clear off some of the bills, but i said that ive worked hard all these time and since 1st May is a Labour Day, i shall reward myself with a new lightsaber, which on the positive side, keeps me at home longer than usual. I said tht its for the future of  our 2 year old son, i want him to learn martial arts, and this lightsabering (he has his Hasbro electronic saber) injects the motivation and skills he needs to succeed in life... whoaaa.. ;D
Well, shes not buying it, but aint complaining anymore, and i can live with that..

Many of you already owned this Anakin fx, but for those who dont, hurry! Get this cool lightsaber while stocks last!! Despite the minor (i call them minor) weaknesses, its a great lightsaber and you wont be dissapointed.

side by side with Vader anh=

Okay, thts all for now. Peace

« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 10:14:34 PM by Hang Tuah Kenobi »

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: A new review from a new dude.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 09:20:38 PM »
Very good review, and welcome to the Forums. My first saber was the Ani and i love, i agree with it havin minor flaws but they are just minor, and easily overlooked. And soemtimes are significant others have a hard time with our lightsbaer purchases, my girlfriend wasnt to keen on it, but i let her hold and wave it around and even she said " hey thats cool!" lol

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 09:46:22 PM »
Thanks man. Yeah, the overall cool factor of the fx can easily overlook the flaws.
My mission tonight is to persuade my wife to try it out herself. I caught her using the Vader fx once in the dark, she said she was lookin for something, and i believe her, as she showed no emotions whatsoever while holding the saber (shes not good in pretending). Cant blame her, shes a serious book editor (not to say that all book editors are boring) and im always an art person.

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 09:52:52 PM »
ah you gotta get her to power one up and do a few spins and maybe battle with her, she will appreciate eventually, good luck tho.

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 09:53:40 PM »
Welcome to the boards, Hang Tuah Kenobi. Congratulations on your Anakin ROTS Force FX... it's truly a solid saber. The faint spots are pretty normal... plenty of sabers differ in terms of faint dark areas from one to the next, so it's pretty much the luck of the draw. In any case, you've selected a good lightsaber that I'm sure you'll enjoy for a long time to come. :)
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 11:25:31 PM »
Yeah, thanks Aayla I always enjoy your in-depth reviews, and in fact, it is your review of Anakin rots fx that finally drives me to get the saber after months of waiting.
After the purchase of the Anakin fx, i started to care for my Vader fx. Putting both side by side, i can see the Vader has many scuff marks on the blade (after many events n duels later), the blade itself has an aging/yellowish tone on it (probably due to the hot n humid wheather here), the 'Master Replicas..' wording at the end cap is washed out already.
This thing isnt cheap here. My next target would be Luke ROTJ fx(i must have a green one!) but Obi Wan fx is just around the corner! One fx can pay my broadband bill for 7 months..
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 02:07:18 AM by Han Solo »

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 11:29:07 PM »
Welcome to fx-sabers Hang Tuah Kenobi. This si a great site and I'm sure you will enjoy it ;)

Oh yeah and if you don't understand or are having trouble something to do with the site, feel free to PM me ;).

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 12:47:42 AM »
Ah, another Kenobi, the one with the force alright.. Thanks.
Im browsing the forum, there r just too much infos too read, nice. Ill let u know if theres anythin i dont know..

Offline todd4566

• Force User
  • I'm thinking.
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 09:28:45 AM »
Congrats on the acquistion of my favorite FX saber!  If the local Borders still had the Anakin, I'd consider buying one of the newer "heavy" versions. 
My collection:
2002 Anakin AOTC
2003 Vader ANH  **Sold**
2004 Luke ESB  **Sold**
2005 Anakin ROTS **Sold**
2005 Vader ESB **Sold**
2005 Luke ROTJ **Sold**
2006 Maul TPM
Custom 5w Luxeon (Green/Royal Blue)
2006 Obi-Wan ROTS  **Sold**
2007 Yoda
2007 Luke ANH
2008 Obi-Wan TPM
2010 Anakin ROTS (Removeable Blade)

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
  • They'll do their job. I guarantee that...
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 01:32:43 PM »
welcome to the forums.

- Custom Saber Shop Luxeon
-UltraFX Luxeon

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 02:31:42 PM »
Very good review it is,
Welcome to the forums

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 08:28:17 PM »
Thanks guys..
Okay, i bring the saber to my office today and display it on its stand on my computer. Nobody seems to care but my manager instantly recognizes it as Starwars Lightsaber. Most of my colleague r 'old n boring' ppl so the office is usually quiet, and im the odd one out.
Im lookin for a duelling partner, i dont care much about scuffs on the blade as these sabers r meant for.. playing. If i want to just keep them in their plastic wraps n display them religiosly, i shouldve got one LE instead. But anyway, i respect those who dont duel with their FXs, me, i just couldnt resist the temptation..been dreamin since i was a kid to own a saber.

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 08:31:45 PM »
ya i agree to me these sabers are as close to the dream as we will be for a long time, how could you resist taking em off the shelf and bashing em(lightly ;)) against another.

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 10:50:32 PM »
Yeah, life's short. If u r caring for somthin too much, u end up losing all the other fun.

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 11:02:01 PM »
Thats very good advice for many things in life

retrousse