fiduciary

Author Topic: Best Pixel Blade?  (Read 764 times)

Offline Prestwn

• No Force
  • Hello there!
Best Pixel Blade?
« on: September 05, 2020, 02:29:29 PM »
I tried to find a prior thread addressing this question, but wasn't successful.  What is everyone's go-to pixel blade company? Do you have any recommendations?  I've heard that Vader's Vault is the gold standard, but they are currently sold out so I'm looking for alternatives. Cost is a factor, of course. I have one from UltimateWorks that functions extremely well except that it feels a flexible to the point of being vulnerable.  But it had a good price point.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Best Pixel Blade?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 04:22:45 PM »
If you are worried about price, then the best thing is to just make it yourself. 

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
    • Universal Saber Library
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 08:09:15 AM »
Check out options from Civilized Sabers.
DUEL STAR RGB Pixel Blade

I always build my own stuff so I can't give you a first hand review, but the site is run by SpaceWindu (AKA Exar Kun on this forum), a reputable member of the Mining Colony with a lot of positive feedback.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 06:35:38 PM »
I second JB K. If you build it yourself, you can be sure of the quality, and better yet. You know what you are doing so that you can repair as necessary. I hammer on pixel blades, and they rarely have issues, but would be much more concerned if I knew I would have to send it off if something went wrong.

Also, they are very easy to build and there are great videos to walk you through by Rob/TCSS and others.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 08:37:37 AM »
And most of the time, building your own turns out cheaper, too.
Better late than never.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 07:17:01 PM »
Not every time?  If building yourself is more expensive, than the cheaper alternative is def crap quality.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 09:42:33 AM »
Not every time?  If building yourself is more expensive, than the cheaper alternative is def crap quality.

Not necessarily. Building yourself can get expensive if you have to tool up to do the work. Not everybody starts out with all the tools necessary to build a component blade. In that respect, tooling up can get expensive.

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
    • Universal Saber Library
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 08:40:26 AM »
That is a good point to not assume the state of someone's shop. If I had a dollar for every time somebody told me to work a part on my lethe... :rolleyes:

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 06:48:59 PM »
Totally valid point Space...oversight on my part!  I guess it’s a math equation...one or two blades would cost a ton layering in the tools if you don’t have them!  And by the way, to the OP, I have seen Space Windus blades on his channel, and without knowing the price point, have not seen anything better, so definitely worth a look!

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 10:11:34 PM »
All you really need to make your own blade is a soldering iron and scissors.  It was years between when I made one of the first pixel blades and shops has ready made components. I had a crap soldering iron and made it in the hallway of my tiny NYC apartment.

retrousse