fiduciary

Author Topic: "Rainbow" FoC  (Read 1496 times)

Offline clahey83

• Force User
"Rainbow" FoC
« on: February 16, 2014, 06:31:32 AM »
After an impromptu saber fight in my living room with my fiancé last night she decided that she wants a saber of her own FINALLY... My problem is that she also decided that she wants her saber configured to flash "a rainbow" when FoC is initiated. To be more descriptive, she wants it to cycle through several colors quickly. 2 colors would be very easy to accomplish as most of us already know... but how would someone accomplish more than 2?? And why does my family always have off the wall requests when it comes to sabers??? lol
For reference, I plan on using the PC3 using the pseudo color mixing technique.
I understand that this might not be possible at the moment, but it never hurts to ask.
Thanks!

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
Re: "Rainbow" FoC
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:38:01 AM »
PM sent

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 09:46:32 AM »
EDITED.

My bad, I didn't realize what section this was posted in.  Only saw that it was in the "Recent Posts" section when I logged in.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:59:52 AM by Keil Edge »

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 10:50:07 AM »
This is the Plecter section and he asked about a Plecter product so I am not sure why the IM is relevant here or was brought up.  If the OP wants to learn about the IM he can post in the general section or in Naigon's MC section.

The CF6 can be set to have random colors with each FoC.  But doesn't cycles the colors while you hold the button down for lock up. 

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 10:54:16 AM »
it sounds like saberz prisim PC3 does that feature- the on-the-fly blade color switch, but not for FOC

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 11:00:49 AM »
Earlier post edited my apologies.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline clahey83

• Force User
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 03:26:13 PM »
well... so far I have a rough plan on how I can implement this "rainbow FoC" feature. for non electronics experts this may be over your head, and for that I am sorry.
 I plan on building a circuit that consists of a 555 timer in astable mode to as a clock pulse for a binary counter. 3 of the outputs for the counter control the RBG LEDs . To activate this circuit I am hoping to have one of the accent LED pads set to turn on and stay on for the duration of the FoC feature. Also, in order to prevent both the PC3 and this circuit from sending signals to the LEDs at the same time, I am planning on setting the PC3 to have absolutely no output to the LEDs for the duration of the FoC feature.

for those who understood this and has more experience with the plecter products, does this sound like a decent solution? if not, what would you do different?
thanks!

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 05:23:30 PM »
Well the plan sounds solid. The idea makes sense, I have not played with a PC 3. So this is gonna be a separate driver running the FOC or it's gonna be dim with 3 v accent output?

Keep it up ,sounds good.

Offline clahey83

• Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 05:59:02 PM »
Well the plan sounds solid. The idea makes sense, I have not played with a PC 3. So this is gonna be a separate driver running the FOC or it's gonna be dim with 3 v accent output?

Keep it up ,sounds good.

I plan on using the accent pad signal only as a bit to activate the separate circuit. while on FoC the LEDs will essentially be direct driven using power extenders (or transistors if I can locate some within the rating I locally)

Offline clahey83

• Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 06:25:49 AM »
Is it possible to set up the accent LED pads to count in binary from 1 to 7 when FoC is active and stay off when FoC isnt lit? Abd if so how fast can i make them count?
if i can get that set up and if it can count fast enough i can use the output from those pads to run either power extenders or transistors for the rainbow FoC feature.

retrousse