fiduciary

Author Topic: Rebuild of Hasbro FX Darth Vader lightsaber  (Read 551 times)

Offline Brianalex242

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Rebuild of Hasbro FX Darth Vader lightsaber
« on: January 23, 2019, 08:56:35 AM »
Hello all!

I would like to rebuild a Hasbro FX Darth Vader light saber and need some guidance or perhaps some working knowledge about this.  I am pretty handy and feel confident that I can take this on.

The Hasbro FX light saber does not have a removable blade.  From what I have been reading, the TCSS conversion kit can and will make the blade removable.  Is this true?  I also plan to use the Neo-type pin connector for a clean look.  I plan to use 2 144 LED per meter strips back to back.  I wanted to perhaps use 3 or even 4, but from what I have been reading, that would be overkill and pose some additional issues with heat and battery power.  2 strips is plenty bright from what I understand.  Of course a foam diffuser will be used inside the blade as well.

I am leaning toward a Spark 3 board as they seem pretty good.  I will also replace the speaker and perhaps have a momentary button for clash effects. 

I don't know about the proper battery to use and wanted to use a 18650, but have recently saw a 7.4 volt battery, 14650/1050mAh pack, and this may prove to be a better choice for power. 

I am just wondering about all the possible parts fitting inside the Hasbro saber and making a decent saber rebuild.  Is battery choice important?  Is a rechargeable battery the best solution, or have a saber with interchangeable battery.  I'm looking for a bright saber. 

I have been reading a lot and looking for some advice.  I don't know about the correct resistors/fuses to use and wondering if anybody knows of a link about proper wiring for a saber and different materials needed or what exactly fit inside this Hasbro FX saber. 

Thanks for reading and ANY information you may give.   
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 08:12:16 AM by Brianalex242 »

retrousse