fiduciary

Author Topic: LDM's Philanthropy contest!  (Read 12649 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
LDM's Philanthropy contest!
« on: November 14, 2008, 12:48:48 AM »
Okay, here is the deal.  I started this contest on another forum, but I don't want to limit the spread of good will!  Post stories here of selfless things that you have done for others.  It must be something done simply out of respect for your fellow man!  Don't be modest.  It can be the simplest of things as long as it is heartfelt.

This is indeed a contest (unless the Big Bosses tell me otherwise).

Here are the rules:

0.  Post your entries in this thread.
1.  LDM is the one and only Judge.  Rule Change---I will throw all qualified entrant's names into a hat and draw a winner!  There should be no value judgement on philanthropy!
2.  Don't make stuff up. (this is serious!)
3.  The contest will run until January 1st, 2009
4.  Enter as many times as you like, but each entry must represent a separate act of philanthropy.
5.  Philanthropic acts aimed solely at winning this contest WILL be considered.  (afterall, a good act is a good act!)
6.  Anyone who would like to contribute to the prize list must PM me before posting their idea.
7.  The prize will be awarded to the person who meets certain (secret) criteria, but I have outlined the basics for you!
8.  The prize will be sent to you not later than one month following the last day of the contest.
9.  You must be a member of Judgesabersmith.com, Fx-Sabers.com, or TCSS and in good standing at the time of contest close to be eligible!
10. The winner (one and only one) will be announced in this thread not later than 01-04-09 and can come from either site where it is running concurrently

And now for the prize:

It will be a custom LDM saber with MR sound (donated by darth_call), with input from you!  (You get to pick the color of LED and maybe a few small details)  This saber will be free, gratis, cost you no cheese, no shipping, no handling, no partridge in a pear tree.  The stunt will be MR-based, but certainly unique!

Registered Contestants:

1.  RogueJedi
2.  Darth Eugaltsh
3.  Darth Talos
4.  LUKE SKYWALKER
5.  Master Jedye
6.  Kyuubi
7.  darth_call
8.  Romulus
9.  Je-Rel Drood 
10. Shadeslinger
11. darthtater
12. WEDGE ANTILLES
13. DarthCaden
14. Darth Kaos

« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:46:57 PM by Lord Dottore Matto »

Offline Darth Eugaltsh

• Sith Roadie
  • Master Force User
  • Thank you from Darth T.
Re: LDM's Philanthropy contest!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 07:06:43 AM »
 :'(

i haven't joined jss.com

:'(

i will go ;D
*Never Forget Glitter Wars.  The Force Was With Us That Day, But It Was Too Much*

[br />The Force is strong with this one.

But only with the dark side.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 07:15:28 AM »
Darth Eugaltsh.  You can't join JSS.com  You're to young for one, and if your mom doesn't like this site... She'll absolutely LOATHE JSS.Com

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 07:19:14 AM »
Um.......yeah I second that.  :D

Btw, cool thing you're doing, LDM.

Offline Darth Eugaltsh

• Sith Roadie
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 07:32:40 AM »
i just realized that

:'( :'( :'( >:(

*sigh* oh well :(
*Never Forget Glitter Wars.  The Force Was With Us That Day, But It Was Too Much*

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 09:56:27 AM »
Sorry guys, I forgot about modifying that rule!  You can enter now.  It is for members of JSS.com, TCSS and Fx-sabers.com.

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 11:55:14 AM »
can we enter someone's name?  There's someone I would like to nominate because of what was done for me.

Also, due to his modest nature, do I have to post my entry? Could I just PM it to you?

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 01:56:59 PM »
Already entered ;D JSS.com hehe
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 03:37:01 PM »
can we enter someone's name?  There's someone I would like to nominate because of what was done for me.

Also, due to his modest nature, do I have to post my entry? Could I just PM it to you?

Yes, PM me his name and he will be entered!  If you could post what he did (no name needed) that would be awesome (but not required!)  This "contest" is about doing good things for others after all!

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 12:15:50 PM »

Yes, PM me his name and he will be entered!  If you could post what he did (no name needed) that would be awesome (but not required!)  This "contest" is about doing good things for others after all!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 12:37:43 PM by Je-Rel Drood »

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Darth Eugaltsh

• Sith Roadie
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 06:39:56 PM »
Sorry guys, I forgot about modifying that rule!  You can enter now.  It is for members of JSS.com, TCSS and Fx-sabers.com.

well, i had a post already made, but my internet droped and i had to retype it so...

i had once been in D.C. airport, going to Buenos Aries, and i had been nearly dying to have a digital suduko game w/ alot of stuff i liked on it, but my mom and dad said not to them buying it for me and me paying for it myself.  so, i had gone to the Mc. Donalds there with my dad, and the woman in front of me was digging through her wallet and dropped a 20 on the ground, just enough to pay for the puzzle game, but instead of pocketing the bill i went and caught up with the woman and gave her the money back.

efter that, i had felt real great, and i had done more good things in my futer, i'll save those for later/....

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 06:48:52 PM »
the woman in front of me was digging through her wallet and dropped a 20 on the ground, just enough to pay for the puzzle game, but instead of pocketing the bill i went and caught up with the woman and gave her the money back.
efter that, i had felt real great, and i had done more good things in my futer, i'll save those for later/....

That was very noble and kind of you, darth eugaltsh.  There are definitely people out there who would have taken that $20 and ran.

But the way I see it, giving back the money in these situations is the ONLY course of action to take.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:24:16 PM by OBI-WAN KENOBI »

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 08:13:34 PM »

well, i had a post already made, but my internet droped and i had to retype it so...

i had once been in D.C. airport, going to Buenos Aries, and i had been nearly dying to have a digital suduko game w/ alot of stuff i liked on it, but my mom and dad said not to them buying it for me and me paying for it myself.  so, i had gone to the Mc. Donalds there with my dad, and the woman in front of me was digging through her wallet and dropped a 20 on the ground, just enough to pay for the puzzle game, but instead of pocketing the bill i went and caught up with the woman and gave her the money back.

Darth eugaltsh,

I agree with Obi-wan, it was the only right thing to do.  I'll tell you what, you do something nice for someone without peing paid for it and I will add you to the list! :)

Offline RogueJedi

• Vagabond Master
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back!
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 09:35:30 PM »
I think I will throw my hat into this. ;)
About 4 months ago, I found out an elderly friend of mine (actually my former nanny) was moving out of her apartment that she has lived in for a long time. Lousy neighbors and a better deal opened up so she decided to move. Anyways, my mother mentioned to me in passing that she was moving into a new apartment. Knowing that she doesn't have the best knees in the world and she doesn't have the money to pay for a mover, I decided to abandon my Saturday plans to go and help her. So it was me, her live in partner, Dennis, and the father of the kids she watches now. Unforunately dennis and the father had to leave and I finished the move for her. Took about 6 hours but it was worth it in every way. For once my tank of a car actually came in handy :D. I actually saw her on Saturday for the first time in a few months and I took her to lunch and then we went and enjoyed the new James Bond, on me. ;)

Offline Darth Eugaltsh

• Sith Roadie
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 07:23:29 AM »
dang, that was pretty nice of you, she deserves to have you ;D

ok, for my second act i will, umm, just say it... ;D....

a couple weeks ago, my sister's truck got broken into, and they stole her gps.  now normally someone would just shrug it off, file the report and get the car fixed, but i knew how much she relied on her gps, soooooo.... i had my grandma take me out and i made a withdrawl from my bank account, next thing you know my sis has a bigger (literally) and better GPS system to go with the fixed windows my mom paid for since my  sis can barely pay for the car itself... ;D

but Rouge's is better :-\

retrousse