fiduciary

Author Topic: The latest additions to "my" collection *part 4 on page 3*  (Read 4807 times)

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
The latest additions to "my" collection *part 4 on page 3*
« on: February 16, 2013, 12:32:07 PM »
Okay, so in the title I said "my" collection, but in a sense, these additions are to both my collection and my grandpa's collection.  Some of you may recall me mentioning that my grandpa bought a rubies vader when they first came out in 1997.  I snapped a few pictures of it with juan's vader that I upgraded and took to CVI.  He totally bought it on a whim and go figure, I wound up being a huge fan of star wars some years later.  Well, a few months back, he asked me if anyone ever made a stormtrooper like the rubies vader.  So I did some research, and there was only one on ebay at the time for $15000.  Honestly I don't even know who made it because at that price I wasn't going to check.  So months went by and I still didn't find much, then about a week and a half ago, I stumbled across a thread on the rpf about someone selling a don post stormtrooper.  I didn't know anything about it at the time but what really attracted me to it was that the base looked almost identical to the base of the rubies vader.  So I copied the link to my phone's clipboard and forgot about it until the next night at dinner.  We were eating out with my grandparents, and I suddenly remembered the link I had saved.  I re-opened it on my phone and showed it to my grandpa.  He had me do all of the negotiating, and he wound up buying the don post stormtrooper.  He sent a driver across to Illinois to pick it up, and we just finished unloading it about an hour ago.  Of course, on my way to where my grandpa is keeping these, I realized I forgot my good camera, so I only have a couple of cellphone pics.  Before we get to that though, I want to go a little further into how perfect of a match these two statues are.  Both were made in 1997, they have almost identical bases, and both had an edition size of 500. 

I'll be snapping some more pics as soon as I can (and I'll try to put my happy face on then  :D) and I'll be writing part 2 of this thread a bit later.  Before I get to part 2 I have to clean my bedroom and hang some pictures on the wall.  But till then, I wanted to share the two pics above. 

PART 2:

Okay, so rewind about a year and a half.  My grandparents bought me framed SW movie posters for episode 4, 5, and 6 (for my birthday if I'm not mistaken). 

We quickly hung them on the wall and I began my search for the episode 1, 2, and 3 posters.  I didn't find them until CVI, but when I did find them, I got them and we had them framed (part of the gift was that when we did find the remaining posters, they would have them framed for me).  The pictures sat, waiting to be hung for months, and then christmas rolled around.  I knew they had another trick up their sleeves when I didn't get the more than obvious "what do you want for christmas this year?" question. 

Well, Christmas came, and I was blown away with the gifts they had gotten me.  It's easy to just walk into a store and buy something that says star wars on it for a star wars fan, but what they did was far far beyond that.  The first one that I opened, was this. 

That's right, it's signed.  8)  The COA is on the back of the frame.  Next up...

And lastly (we always save the best for last)

Quite honestly these are the best gift I have ever gotten.  And here's some pics of the whole room with the new posters, signed pics, and all of the rearranging I did. 

unforunately, maul's saber in this poster looks like it was drawn in with a crayon, so the awesomesauce will look a little out of place right below it (being so much more detailed). 

to give you a reference point, in the bottom left is the rounded edge of my dresser that was in previous pics.  So I'm standing right in front of the episode 3 poster to take this pic. 

wider view

other side of the room. 

Here's a few pics with flash just to show off how cool the lettering on the signed pics looks. 

I took a vid, but it's about 10 minutes long, so I'm debating whether or not to even upload it.  Also, I know the lighting is crap in some of the pics.  That's the only thing I dislike about my room is that there isn't enough light in some areas. 

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 02:17:13 PM by ANAKIN SKYWALKER »

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
  • "Love can ignite the stars."- Matthew Stover
Re: The latest additions to my collection
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »
Dude, nice! That's such a cool story. Sounds like you have the world's best grandpa there! :D Congrats on the new addition!
Though this is the end of the age of heroes, it has saved its best for last.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Re: The latest additions to my collection
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 12:43:21 PM »
Those are freakin' sweet ;D. 

Facebook: VVFB

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
Re: The latest additions to "my" collection
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »
Thanks guys.  I forgot to mention where these actually are.  They are in the conference room at his company.  That way he can always send Vader on someone if they give him a hard time.   ;D  Everyone always wants their picture taken when they see the statues.  

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 12:53:04 PM »
Nice score!  I dig that big time
Support our Font Makers!

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 12:58:02 PM »
Whhhooooaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 01:00:39 PM »
so cool man

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 01:04:22 PM »
Very nice   :)

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 03:04:39 PM »
Amazing! :o

Offline Nick Knight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »
jealousy is the dark side of the force. But dang those are so so cool and i cant help it!
"A correction added to one’s store of knowledge. It was a thing to be grateful for, not something to take offense at. "
"Choose what is right, not what is easy"

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 12:44:44 AM »
Wow man !  Really cool find. Crazy how they are so alike yet from different manufacturers. hmmm  Cool none the less !!!

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 04:31:07 AM »
My guess is that lucasfilm wanted rubies to do both statues in the same year but rubies couldn't handle it.  So they gave the vader to rubies and the st to don post. 

Offline Jerome

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 04:49:06 AM »
I think it's pretty cool your grandpa buys these things.
Vintage Graflex Luke ANH
Vintage Graflex Luke ESB
Rylo limited run Luke ROTJ
MHS custom "Excelsior"
Russrep Luke ROTJ V2
Russrep/Romans Obi-Wan ANH
OR Qui-Gon TPM (WIP)
Parks Obi-Wan TPM (WIP)

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 07:03:42 AM »
Believe me, you aren't the only one.   ;D.

Part 2 is coming soon.  I expected it to be done last night at the latest, but it's taking a bit longer. 

Offline Redthumbscrew

• Force User
  • The force is not strong with this one.
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 05:14:16 PM »
Dang! How tall is that Darth Vader?? Looks huge

retrousse