fiduciary

Author Topic: TFU II Starkiller Concept Saber "TFU-GM" Run DEPOSIT THREAD!!!  (Read 104149 times)

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
Re: TFU II Starkiller Concept Saber "TFU-GM" Run DEPOSIT THREAD!!!
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2017, 04:58:54 AM »
PlecterPixel...............

What are you saying?

Hoping this run may get the option to upgrade with this feature.  Would be nice to see this saber to be the first with that particular feature due to the MASSIVE patience we have shown throughout this never ending run.  Would be a nice treat is all I am saying.

Video......

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dn6IcTe6Kjhc&h=ATMwC180YUhQyp8j6X9Y-zbDopRHKgkeqjz9TLQjk4VAcD6dmWT6dEZ1IhqiYKDDn54dIf_31l2Y0j2Di_JKmDM46pBlq6768S_udfxP7478KW3JVLQ8eGu1iQlGsc8&s=1&enc=AZM_l3XzUv_Vzpm0ri3d1jDtx0GSCCdwvN78Kuwj_94Mwh1dRFCM8pwo5_6mgRT16s1UaCCJTyj0Q5zksqEBTwCiZKvx9x0f-DFGMxwBJ_Engg

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2017, 05:41:23 AM »
If anyone on this run gets a reply or update to any PMs from VV, please share. I have sent a few PMs to Deanna and Alan and have had NO replies which I find beyond belief after a 3 year wait time. I am a repeat customer and have simply asked in a polite manner for a ETA so I can decide if I still wait or sell my spot on this run.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:50:47 AM by sithslayer1 »

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2017, 10:41:18 AM »
If anyone on this run gets a reply or update to any PMs from VV, please share. I have sent a few PMs to Deanna and Alan and have had NO replies which I find beyond belief after a 3 year wait time. I am a repeat customer and have simply asked in a polite manner for a ETA so I can decide if I still wait or sell my spot on this run.

I feel your pain sithslayer.  It has officially been 3+ years since we paid our $400+ deposits on this run.  Vader's Vault has been darn near absent from this forum since starting their Facebook group.  I really feel we have been neglected ever since that time.  Can't help but wonder why other "combat class" sabers have taken priority over this one.  Pretty sure our money is just as good as the money being spent on those other sabers.  I understand it takes time to design chassis parts and internal designs, but I also see a lot of time and energy being spent in other areas while this project remains on the back burner.  Frustration is at an all time high and Communication is crucial given the circumstances and timeframe of this run.  Not trying to hurt any feelings here but I believe a little healthy criticism is in order at this time.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2017, 11:35:06 AM »
This is NOT a Combat Class saber.  This is a high end run with a full reveal.  Totally different animal in terms of complexity, pricepoint, and timeframe both to produce and complete.

We do not currently have plans for Neopixel on this run, however we DO have plans for the next gen board.  It has taken longer than we would like and we apologize.  As you all know we did not have hilts in hand until Q2 last year.  We were unable to work much on the internals until we had them in hand.  We have been putting a lot of time and effort into finalizing the internals and I hope to have this run wrapped up by end of Summer soundcard and chassis finalization permitting.  I had hoped it would be done sooner but have come down with the flu not once, but twice since January which has been very disruptive and has taken us out of the shop for several weeks between the two bouts :(.

However, the "why is energy going elsewhere" comments are not helpful.  We run a business and we have to put energy in many different areas.  Producing things can be very easy or very difficult depending on the challenges of each project and some projects will come to fruition quickly, some will be time consuming.  It just isn't a relevant discussion.  Until you own a production business you do not understand the challenges involved.  You also need to understand that in order to have any sort of product line many different things get worked on and produced simultaneously.  It doesn't mean because we are releasing one thing that we are not also working on other things.  I assure you we are.

Should anyone be unhappy waiting, please contact me.  You all have a 25% deposit.  I am happy to refund anyone who no longer wants to wait.  These are spectacular, I would hope you would want to wait, particularly as they are being sold at 3 year ago pricing.  They would be priced quite a bit higher if we released this run today, so folks are getting a spectacular deal.  I also feel these are going to be the definitive TFUIIs.  The details on this saber have not been seen in other versions.  But, we do understand if the wait has been too long for you and that is fine too.

I never did send out the invoices for the second payment, which will be coming soonish. 

Thanks for your patience and May the Force Be With You!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:59:12 PM by LUMINARA UNDULI »

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Kanjiklub

• Force User
  • Those Little Freaks
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2017, 03:18:39 PM »
I would buy a spot if anyone is tired of waiting?

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2017, 03:38:07 PM »
For the record, the question " why is energy going elsewhere?" was never asked.  I did however make an observation of time and energy being spent on other projects while this one was sitting idle as far as we could tell.  It is understood that other projects must move forward regardless of this one, but is frustrating and a completely valid observation from a customer standpoint.  It does become "relevant" to the customer after a certain period of time with no communication or updates.

I will leave it at that.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2017, 06:18:41 PM »
I understand your frustration.  But, like every product we release, we have a vision and a plan and I am not going to compromise the end product.  I would prefer to refund those not willing to wait and continue moving forward to bring out the best TFUIIs ever.  These are a unicorn for me, as are most of the runs we do.  We do these runs because we want the sabers as well.  I do not want to cut any last minute corners, particularly as everyone has been waiting so long already.  It would be foolish to compromise at the end.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2017, 07:16:38 PM »
For the record, the question " why is energy going elsewhere?" was never asked.  I did however make an observation of time and energy being spent on other projects while this one was sitting idle as far as we could tell.  It is understood that other projects must move forward regardless of this one, but is frustrating and a completely valid observation from a customer standpoint.  It does become "relevant" to the customer after a certain period of time with no communication or updates.

I will leave it at that.

Same here. I don't recall that I  made a comment about your combat class runs Deanna and the last thing I want is to publicly flame anyone. I am merely asking from today's date, can you please give a fairly accurate ETA on when this run will be done?
1-3 more months, 6 months, next year, etc? I am a good customer and am not looking to bash VV.  I just want to get enough information so I can see if it's worth waiting vs getting my deposit back (which I think is fair of you to offer, thank you).

Truth be told, I prefer to get the best Star Killer Trailer saber to date, but I'm not waiting another 6-8 months.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Offline bruno1067

• Padawan Learner
  • Size matters not
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2017, 02:53:08 AM »
I hope I don't regret this if anyone gets interested but I would buy a run spot.

Offline onigiri34

• Experienced Force User
  • Swoosh Swoosh that's the sound of the saber!
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2017, 03:53:35 AM »
Well,I am on board with frustrations, but positive notes, as it is taking so long, maybe more goodies to come. Also, the new CF may be ready at this time pre-delivery, so I don't mind the longer wait if also new tech comes out.

I am sure the Crystal Chamber and all will be very Unicorn, as will the whole Saber. I probably don't foresee anyone on this run selling theirs unless dire circumstances call Haha

Offline Sithilis

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2017, 04:28:23 AM »
I'd be interested in a spot also if anyone decides to bow out, would even trade for my force relics wampa

Offline highflyer

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2017, 12:13:12 PM »
I understand frustrations over the long wait time.
I never understood the "I paid money for this" argument for highly coveted runs like this, though.
If you want your money back, you could have easily sold your spot. VV have always been cool with that, and it would take you about 5 minutes to find a buyer.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2017, 01:22:01 PM »

I will leave it at that.

Same here. I don't recall that I  made a comment about your combat class runs Deanna and the last thing I want is to publicly flame anyone. I am merely asking from today's date, can you please give a fairly accurate ETA on when this run will be done?
1-3 more months, 6 months, next year, etc? I am a good customer and am not looking to bash VV.  I just want to get enough information so I can see if it's worth waiting vs getting my deposit back (which I think is fair of you to offer, thank you).

Truth be told, I prefer to get the best Star Killer Trailer saber to date, but I'm not waiting another 6-8 months.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

You are not the one who made the comment about Combat Class Sithslayer1.  The comment that was made was why Combat Class take precedence over this run.  The answer is they don't.  It is simply a business truth that Combat Class are much simpler to produce.  Different machinist, different engineering, different install difficulty, totally different pricepoint, etc. I have a team of employees who deal with that production.  High end runs are primarily Alan and I and we want a very special crystal chamber for these as since this run started the bar has been raised on internals for this saber.  Other manufacturers have produced some very respectable versions.  However, WE promised everyone the best TFUIIs every produced and that is what we are going to deliver.  There are details on this saber that have not been seen in any other version externally and we want the internals to match that level of awesomeness.

It makes no sense after this time, to just install them and ship them with a conventional, non-reveal chassis.  There is a reason we waited for the best machinist in the industry to provide us with our vision of this saber brought to life.  It would be a disservice to the saber as well as our customers at this point to compromise on the internals just to get them out and it is something I am just not willing to do.  I also want to wait for the next gen board which I am hoping is right around the corner.

So, realistically, I expect these to start shipping over the Summer with the run to be completed this year.  Obviously, not every saber will ship the same day, they will ship over a couple of months.  As soon as I have green light on the soundcards I will be sending out the invoice for the next installment of 25% and then final payment of 50% plus shipping will be due prior to shipping.

I would also like to apologize once again.  This has taken WAY too long and we are aware of it.  As many folks know, our business model changed completely with the release of TFA and we have had an enormous amount of growing pains.  We went from Alan and I working out of our house to a staff of people working out of a state of the art facility.  We went from doing mostly custom work, to doing primarily production work.  We often are unable to get past the day to day realities of running a business like ordering, modeling, bill paying, hiring, training, payroll, taxes, etc. and have not been able to spend as much time on sabers personally so the high end runs and customs have slowed.  We have been working to fix that.  Combat Class wait times are back down to acceptable levels.  We are in the process of trying to hire a CAD designer as well as a Software developer so that we can focus more of our time on our Custom build log and our high end runs, which are where our personal passion lies.  You will be seeing more of the customs in the log posted as well as this run completed this year  :azn:.

I also want to apologize profusely to Erik at Orbital.  In my post yesterday, I made a statement, which I have since corrected, that we received the sabers Q3 last year, which was not the case.  That was an error on my part and I should have checked my records before inserting foot into mouth.  We received them in Q2  last year, not Q3.  As always, he delivered a product that solidifies his legacy of the best machinist in the saber industry and he brought our vision to life down to the smallest nuance.  Guys, Alan and I are committed to getting these moving along faster so that we can meet the above time line.

Anyone who is not OK with that timeline, please contact me for a full refund of your 25% deposit or you can sell your spot.  On spot selling, there are no changes other than blade type available at this point.  Someone would need to buy your spot "as-is" in terms of options.

Please let me know if anyone has any other questions.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 01:23:39 PM by LUMINARA UNDULI »

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2017, 02:03:34 PM »
Deanna,  I appreciate the time it took to write this reply. I'm sure all would agree time better spent on saber work. Thank you for the update, that's all I wanted.

At this point, I am going to wait and trust you and Alan that this will be THE TFU Trailer saber against which all others will be  measured!

Thank you.

Offline GSXMatt

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #209 on: May 05, 2017, 10:28:29 AM »
Are these coming with special stands?

retrousse