fiduciary

Author Topic: The Episode 3-4 TV series...  (Read 15487 times)

Offline Darth Karrion

• No Force
The Episode 3-4 TV series...
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:29:31 AM »
I'm sure it's already been said, but the chance to witness some young Han and Lando adventures would be AWESOME. If only Owen Wilson and Will Smith were slightly younger :)

Offline Corran_Horn

• Force User
  • KOTE Sabermaster
    • My MySpace Page
Re: The Episode 3-4 TV series...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 12:26:34 PM »
Not so sure about a young anybody.  It doesn't sound thike there's going to bee anyone from the OT or the PT seen in the Live-Action series....

Here's a few cuttings from an interview with GL that was posted on one of the other forums I'm on -

TV Guide: What about your Star Wars live-action series for TV?
Lucas: Yes, I'm working on that. We're just going to start writing it in about a month from now, start doing scripts for it.

TV Guide: And where will that live in the Star Wars continuum relative to Clone Wars and relative to the films?
Lucas: Well, Clone Wars has got all the characters in it — Yoda and Anakin and Obi Wan and the Emperor and all that — so it's basically the movie. The live-action (series) is not the movie. It's the Star Wars universe, but it's characters from the saga who were (previously) minor, and it follows their stories. It's set between (movie episodes) III and IV, when the Empire has taken over. It's like Episode IV in that the Emperor and Darth Vader are heard about — people talk about them — but you never see them because it doesn't take place where they actually are. There are storm troopers and all that, but there are no Jedis. It's different, but I think it's very exciting because I get to explore a part of that universe that I haven't been able to explore. Once you have a saga, it's got a lot of requirements because it's about a particular (thing) — in this case, Darth Vader — and so it's his story from the time he's 10 to the time he died. You really can't go off that track because that's the story. Whereas now, I can make a left turn on 10th Street and go down there and see what's going on.

Full Interview - http://www.tvguide.com/news/lucas-wars-TV/070920-01
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 12:29:44 PM by Corran_Horn »
Knights of the Empire Sabermaster

"I don't believe it."
"That is why you fail."

- Aanor ishiia zals -
 - Ihn Corellisi nyeve min bhiq suman ehin nyiad -

- Aliit ori'shya taldin -

Offline PRINCESS LEIA

• Her Worshipfulness
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Well,Somebody has to save our skins!!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 12:51:59 PM »
 :-\ No Jedis.I've got a baaaaaaad feeling about that.We'll have'ta see.

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-now get outta here
I'm out of it a little while and everyone has delusions of granduer

Offline Corran_Horn

• Force User
  • KOTE Sabermaster
    • My MySpace Page
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 01:09:17 PM »
:-\ No Jedis.I've got a baaaaaaad feeling about that.We'll have'ta see.

Yeah, I found that quite interesting, since roumer has it that Quinlan Vos was supposed to be in the Live-Action series.
The roumer started after GL stopped him from being killed off in the comics

"I don't believe it."
"That is why you fail."

- Aanor ishiia zals -

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 03:17:24 PM »
Lucas has this uncanny act to change at the last second, even though he is firm in his statements to the public. "Always with his point of view, is the Maker!"

:D

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Master Mac

• Master Sig Artist
  • Master Force User
  • Firmitas in Caelo
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 03:25:17 PM »
I'm sorry, but without Jedi...how exciting can this be? :-\ Good thing I'm among fellow saber enthusuiast or I'd probably never get away with saying that  :D I REALLY hope GL really does include Quinlan Vos in the story...
-Master Mac
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 07:48:40 PM by Master Mac »
As you from crimes would pardon'd be,
Let your indulgence set me free.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 05:19:10 PM »
the only promo materials that have been released show boba fett's helmet on the poster. its obviously a "bounty hunter"show about hunting down the last of the jedi between episode 3 and 4.  the "minor characters" are the bounty hunters from the ISD scene in ESB.  Boba probably features as the protagonist and the jedi's (if any) are depicted as the "bad guys".

-===-

in other news I heard he's already finished ~30 episodes of the CG clone wars series , and he's already set to sell it to a network so they can start running it on TV, but nobody's buying. he's having a hard time getting it "picked up" by any of the networks because its more of a PG-13 cartoon and its got no place in the network formula.  they would have liked a more G-rated cartoon (or a PG-13 "live action") because they have a hard time with the idea of ruinning a "Cartoon" on prime-time TV, opposite shows like Lost and ER, which "adults" will actually watch.  the networks don't quite know how to 'Sell' this one.   it doesn't fit neatly into the "kid's show" genre , nor does it fit the "prime time" formula.  (ie: women won't watch it so it can't go on prime time, and kid's can't watch it because its rated too mature), so nobody is buying.

-->  George might have to start his own TV network, just to air his shows before they go straight to DVD. heh
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 01:59:10 PM by WEDGE ANTILLES »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 05:50:04 PM »
 :D :D
Mr.Lucas knows his bread and better are the jedi!!I'm getting ready just in case he needs an older obi-wan lol :D :D

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 06:04:44 PM »
No Jedi

No Lightsaber

No lightsaber

No series.............

Stormtroopers will be cool of course but no lightsabers?  The lightsaber is SW.  Huhhhhh???????

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 06:09:32 PM »
Thats like all the characters being regular human beings :-\
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Offline Darth Karrion

• No Force
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 11:00:57 AM »
Jedi or no Jedi, if he doesn't do young Han and Lando escapades that'd be a missed opportunity.

Offline Corran_Horn

• Force User
  • KOTE Sabermaster
    • My MySpace Page
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 01:26:20 PM »
Jedi or no Jedi, if he doesn't do young Han and Lando escapades that'd be a missed opportunity.

Trouble is, most of the back story's for the main characters has been covered in either the books or the comics.

If GL wanted to show a young Han or a young Lando, he'd either have to copy their "escapades" from the books/comics, or retcon the storylines, messing up the original/existing timeline
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 01:28:21 PM by Corran_Horn »

"I don't believe it."
"That is why you fail."

- Aanor ishiia zals -

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 01:45:01 PM »
the existing timeline is "EU".   it wouldn't matter if George retold it.

(like "Ultimate Spiderman" isn't related to "Amazing Spiderman". they aren't supposed to be)

-======-

and mark my words. there WILL be Jedi.  ;)

"He Helped the Empire Hunt Down and Destroy the Jedi Knights"

^^ this will be the premise of the show.  it will center around Boba Fett as the protagonist, with a mission from Vader to exterminate the few remaining Jedi stragglers.

we'll see cameo appearances by hollywood celebs as the "DOomed-Jedi-Of-The-Week" as boba takes them out like the "immortals" in the Highlander Series at the rate of one per week.
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 02:41:40 PM »
Im glad to see there including Boba
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Offline Corran_Horn

• Force User
  • KOTE Sabermaster
    • My MySpace Page
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 02:53:42 PM »
the existing timeline is "EU".   it wouldn't matter if George retold it.

(like "Ultimate Spiderman" isn't related to "Amazing Spiderman". they aren't supposed to be)

But it would matter.  The way things work with Star Wars is that whatever GL says, goes.  It's like the whole backstory with Boba Fett. At one point, he had been an Imp Officer who had deserted, and had become a Bounty Hunter.  Then AOTC was released, and Boba's backstory was Retconned so that he'd never been an Imp, but had been a Clone of Jango, and a Bounty Hunter from almost the word Go.

The EU and the Films are all one BIG Story.  Everything that came before is related to what is released now and in the future. Except the Mavel Star Wars Comics.  I think most people either forget or ignore those  :P

"I don't believe it."
"That is why you fail."

- Aanor ishiia zals -

retrousse