fiduciary

Author Topic: Release Date: Far, Far Away!  (Read 12273 times)

Offline jammel

• Padawan Learner
    • Wars Central
Release Date: Far, Far Away!
« on: March 11, 2009, 09:27:35 AM »
Hey guys, was looking around for info on this and I don't know how many of you know, but it seems like the Live Action Series won't be out for a while. According to various News Websites and the like the casting is only just under way and production won't start until late 2009 or even 2010..

Google News

Do not get angry and take the path to the dark side with this news..control your feelings. =P

Also, for those that haven't read the forums and want info: Wookiepedia. Yes, it's true that Vader and Skywalkers won't feature. Also..nudity? =O
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:33:29 AM by jammel »

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
Re: Release Date: Far, Far Away!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 12:34:58 PM »
I think maybe we should complain abotu the possibility of nudity in this upcoming series. I just can't stand to think about Star Wars getting trashed like this. :o :-\ >:(

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 12:56:38 PM »
Relax, there will be no nudity.  ::) 

From Wookiepedia:

"Lucas confirmed that the show will be an HBO series and he described it as "Deadwood and The Sopranos in space." Not likely referring to the strong language, graphic violence, and full-frontal nudity of the two shows mentioned, it is possible that he is referring to the unpredictable and suspenseful nature as to which characters would meet an untimely end. "

Looks like I'll have to add HBO to the cable bill!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:58:11 PM by Ri-on Ozryel »

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 12:59:20 PM »
Not likely referring to the strong language, graphic violence, and full-frontal nudity of the two shows mentioned

Guys, there's nothing there that says that there's going to be any nudity, so calm down. ::)

*Edit* Ri-on Ozryel beat me to it.

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Qui-gol Reyah

• Darth Claven
  • Force User
  • "I know! There was nothing I could have done!"
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 01:09:16 PM »
As long as there are flying limbs and the foul stench of a scorched Jar jar, I'm there.   ;D
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 01:24:38 PM »
Unless GL has changed his tune drastically there will be NO nudity in the SW universe.  Most likely no language or harsh violence either.

I saw GL in an interview a while back and he still confirmed his beliefs that I saw in an interview decades ago.  SW was targeted for young boys around the age of 10-ish.  GL regretted taking on the harsh violence and accompnaying PG-13 rating for the last movie.  He stated that he had to make it harsh enough to tell the story of war that was integral to the SW storyline.

I highly doubt he will change the SW dynamics since he makes a huge killing at targeting young children.  He would be shooting himself in the foot if he did.

As for target date, it really hasn't changed since I read an article over  a year ago.  Even back then they were shooting for the fall of 2010.  Seems like they are on target. 

As for HBO  >:(.  I knew it would go cable like SPIKE or Cartoon Network.  Wish you could just pick up one station at a time on limited basic.  >:(  Guess some of us will have to wait until they are released on DVD.  :'(

Offline The Highwayman

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »
 :-[ :-[ Oops, I just realized I messed up. I missed the, not part of not likely. ;) ::) :P Whew... I was scared and ashamed there for a minute. But i didn't really think Lucas would do something like that. I wish we had cable. I wonder if they will have the episodes online? That'd be great.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 02:45:39 PM »
I wish we had cable. I wonder if they will have the episodes online? That'd be great.

Wow, I thought we were in the dark ages with our limited basic package.   Not to worry though.  GL is the best marketer on the planet.  He will have the set on DVD soon enough.  Most likely with several revisions.  :D

Offline The Highwayman

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 02:48:49 PM »
I wish we had cable. I wonder if they will have the episodes online? That'd be great.

Wow, I thought we were in the dark ages with our limited basic package.   Not to worry though.  GL is the best marketer on the planet.  He will have the set on DVD soon enough.  Most likely with several revisions.  :D

Good... I love new shows! I hope if he includes revisions they aren't um... Well you know. :D :D :o ::) :P

Offline Darth Clonas

• Force User
  • Stop staring before I throw this bag at you.
    • My Band's Website...Currently under construction.
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 02:52:26 PM »
great......nudity in star wars just would be stupid....

edited ~ Jango
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 06:08:39 AM by JANGO FETT »
Darth Clonas was a Jedi for 4 years and joined the Sith Academy where he graduated and only uses a blue saber for fights inside the sith. For battles he uses a red saber . But, during his training, he was shocked and his outer tissues were destroyed, so he wears  armor. Darth Clonas now roams along his master, Lord Magnus.......

Offline Qui-gol Reyah

• Darth Claven
  • Force User
  • "I know! There was nothing I could have done!"
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 06:25:07 PM »
Yeah, HBO is kind of a downer.  But HBO means no commercials, no commercials means no other sponsors, means complete control, means a full 60 minutes of sheer galactic goodness.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 06:28:46 PM »
 :D :D

I'll guess I'll have to add HBO lol :D :D

Offline Master Mithric

• Force User
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 04:44:41 PM »
that's kind of a downer that the skywalkers won't be in it. i was hoping to see the whole deal with older luke, mara jade and jacen solo becoming the next great sith lord.
LDM MR Luke V2 CSv1
Hasbro Obi TPM CF5
GCS Ascend CS2
Roman Props Inception
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex 2.0 TFA
Korbanth Graflex 2.0 ESB
Korbanth MPP ANH
Korbanth K4
Korbanth MW3

Master Replica Series:

Anakin AOTC Force FX
Yoda AOTC/ROTS Force FX
Vader ESB Force FX
Windu AOTC/ROTS Force FX
Luke Skywalker ROTJ Force FX

Hasbro Signature Series:

Count Dooku AOTC/ROTS
Anakin ROTS
Darth Maul TPM

Offline Jedi_Qaid

• Experienced Force User
  • My Ally Is The Force And A STRONG Ally It Is...
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 01:42:23 PM »
Hey guys, was looking around for info on this and I don't know how many of you know, but it seems like the Live Action Series won't be out for a while. According to various News Websites and the like the casting is only just under way and production won't start until late 2009 or even 2010..

Google News

Do not get angry and take the path to the dark side with this news..control your feelings. =P

Also, for those that haven't read the forums and want info: Wookiepedia. Yes, it's true that Vader and Skywalkers won't feature. Also..nudity? =O

I hope they take their time and get it right so that when it finally does come out it will appeal to everyone. Don't rush it out.
My Collection

*Episode I*

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
Definitely have to add HBO when it comes out too...hmm or maybe switch out my Showtime package for it that I barely use anyways. Can't wait to see how it does!

retrousse