fiduciary

Author Topic: Prizm V4 - finishing an old project  (Read 893 times)

Offline PickleWars

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Prizm V4 - finishing an old project
« on: August 15, 2019, 01:20:38 PM »
About 3 years ago I bought a Graflex lightsaber and started building a few brass chassis for it. The sounboard was a Prizm 4. Due to different reasons the project was never finished. Now I have some more time and finally want to complete this build. Back then I made a drawing (picture below) based on the manual and some internet pictures. After connecting it for a test most things (kill key, sounds,  switches, tri cree LED, on/off LED, accent LED's) work but there are 2 problems :
-- The tri cree has 2 blue and 1 white LED. I assumed the white LED should work on a clash or when the button is pushed but it never works. The white LED was tested seperately and works fine...
-- Only 2 of the 4 accent LED's work. All are installed correctly and tested individually again and are OK...
Am I doing anything wrong ? Thanks for your help.

Some pics and a short video  :

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Prizm V4 - finishing an old project
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 11:39:43 PM »
First off that's a very beautiful hilt that you're building amazing !
Regarding the accent leds: only the first two pads are bridged, so you need to bridge number 3 and number 4. The board formerly came with only the first to bridged using 0 ohm resistors.

for your flash on clash it's all relying on the colour definition. First off you have to decide where define if you are going to use the colour profiles or per font colour definition. If your flash on clash is on the 3rd channel this is the one that has set to non zero value for the FoC color definition.

The diagram looks ok to me however you should be very careful with your soldering as you have very large wire length exposed

Offline PickleWars

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Prizm V4 - finishing an old project
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 12:28:49 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
This is a test setup only. The actual wiring will be as short as possible.

retrousse