fiduciary

Author Topic: New Plecter Labs Saber for Celebration Europe  (Read 9076 times)

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: New Plecter Labs Saber for Celebration Europe
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2007, 07:37:07 AM »
Crystal Focus is compatible for a long time now with normally open switch, normally close switch and momentary button (normally open contact).
Version 2.5 as......
*drums....*
*cymbals*
A-POP technology  ;D
(anti power off protection)

It's an option, selectable in the configuration file, and it works with switches and momentaries, however it makes sense more for momentaries activation buttons. The idea is that when you press the activation button to turn the saber off, you have to press also the aux button to "confirm". Of course, if you press the aux button first and start a blaster of a blade lockup, nothing happens if you press the activation button  :)

I've used it a lot during celebration europe, it's SO practicle, no more accidental power off. Plus my button are really flat and hard to trigger by accident.
Erv'

Hay erv I was reading that you can sellect it to use 3 different switch types. now if one uses a momentary switch do you have to hold the switch the whole time to keep the saber on? Or is it like ultras board where you hold it for a second and it turns on then just let go?

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
Re: New Plecter Labs Saber for Celebration Europe
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 08:22:03 AM »
So it takes a press of both momentary switches to turn it off? Thats pritty cool.

retrousse