fiduciary

Author Topic: VADER ESB review  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Hunter

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
VADER ESB review
« on: November 14, 2005, 12:45:24 PM »
well i've had this one for awhile now so its review time.

anyway,when i first got this saber it was actually by accident,i was supposed to be getting the ANH one but the place i got it from (firebox) sent me the wrong one,but i settled for this as it was the newer more improved one.

to me this is farely similiar to the ANH one,only better.

firstly the fact that it only requires 3 batteries is awesome.having to put 6 batteries in the ANH vader was murder.

THE BLADE

nothing new with this blade really,to me its just the same as the ANH vader.just as bright and the exact same color.

still creaks like all the other fx's i've had but i can assure you,this is nothing to fear.i've pulled hard on the blade and it stays in the hilt,it only moves sideways,it doesnt come out.i've swung it as hard as i can and its fine.i accidently whacked it hard against a wooden shelf in my room but its absolutely fine and i hope i will never have a problem with it.

THE HILT

the hilt on this thing is the best part to me.its so accurate.one dissapointment for me though was that the the metal ring where the blade comes out on the ANH one is not on this,well it is,but on the esb saber its just a plain black plastic ring which i dont know why this is because on the actual prop it has the same ring from the ANH saber.

the on/off switch on this to me isnt as good as the ANH one which was the little black switch.on this its the crystal bubbles that you slide up as the on/off switch which is very easy to accidently turn off if you are swinging.

THE BOX

box is great as usual,protects the saber really well and looks cool and you dont have to tear it to open it,though we all know that anyway.

THE SOUND

the sound on this is still pretty whack but a bit better than the ANH saber IMO.nice and loud too.

THE FEEL

it is nice and heavy,the way i like it.when swinging it hurts your hands after awhile and rubs your skin but we cant exactly blame MR for that.

ACCESORIES

comes with the usual display stand which is nicely done but i wouldnt use it because it looks like it could bend the blade the way your meant to display it so i just leave my saber in the box,its safer that way anyway.

YODA CARD

i dont know what the xxx this is,just a ROTS/MR joint promotion.

8/10

EDIT: i'd just like to add(although this isnt really anything to do with the saber) that with the purchase of this saber from firebox,firebox sent me free vintage mint in packet ROTJ trading cards from over 20 years ago that came out round the time of the release of ROTJ with bubble gum that hasnt been consumed ever since then :)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 06:38:16 AM by Hunter »

Offline skizzoid

• Formerly known as skizzoid
  • Master Force User
  • At last, we shall reveal ourselves to the Jedi...
Re: VADER ESB review
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 07:56:04 PM »
Nice review!  Also, it sounds like you got quite a deal from firebox with the ROTJ cards.  Just don't go chewing the gum. ;)
Master Replicas Force FX Collection:
2004 Mace AOTC
2004 Luke ESB (in pieces)
2004 Luke ESB
2005 Luke ROTJ
2005 Mace ROTS

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 04:05:54 AM »
Nice review, I think you got better one Vader fx. There are some minor better things about the ANH fx, but overall I prefer the ESB. ANH FX compared to the replica is one of the greatest if not the best, and the on/off switch is perfect, but that's about it. Looks great on the wall, I don't like to swing around and play with it. The ESB is much more practical. As you said 3 batteries instead of 6. Better motion sensor, easier to play with etc.

Offline Hunter

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 07:37:48 AM »
Nice review!  Also, it sounds like you got quite a deal from firebox with the ROTJ cards.  Just don't go chewing the gum. ;)
haha,dont worry.they are gonna still be sealed for another 20 years to come.

and yeah hammill82,the anh has cool minor things that the esb doesnt,yet i like the esb better.i guess their both great.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 09:13:46 AM »
Great Review!

....and yeah, the TESB is the prettiest one out of the Vaders, just in the fact of the emitter detail  When I noticed they were able to keep the coiled ring inside the emitter housing on the FFX that was on the LE/SE replica prop...I was impressed!

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Leading

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 04:14:17 PM »
Good review.
"Fear.....Fear attracts the Fearful..The strong,the weak,the innocent......Fear is my Ally"
-Darth Maul

retrousse