fiduciary

Author Topic: Hypnotic Blade (Thought only)  (Read 1029 times)

Offline livebyhonor

• Force User
Hypnotic Blade (Thought only)
« on: November 27, 2016, 10:25:36 PM »
Sorry I have nothing to show for this idea but another video idea but I think with the the soon to be exploding  NeoPixel based saber tech that this would be a possibility.

Using the NeoPixels ability to flicker individually and such to make the unstable flame look or just a shimmer to the blade is easily step 1. But where to go after that, how about designed flicker patterns to create hypnotic effects and such. Im sure you have seen them quickly flashing led clocks with the fast waving arm making it look like the time display is floating in the air. Again this is only an idea for people playing with NeoPixel sabers to keep in the back of their mind for possible ideas.

This is a product called MoodHoops. Imagine a saber slicing through the air leaving a flame trail like the hoop does in the 0:45 time point

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Hypnotic Blade (Thought only)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 11:33:15 PM »
Since we're looking to diffuse and even out the pixels, some of the designs wouldn't work as well.  I think a swing triggered persistence of image effect could be possible to some extent. Your flaming sword idea in particular could be plausible in theory.

There are definitely folks that have more knowledge and experience with this, but I've been thinking about what I can do with my neopixels. This concept, in the broader sense,  has definitely crossed my mind.

retrousse