fiduciary

Author Topic: 2006 Boba Fett Blaster Signature Edition - Review and Pics  (Read 24950 times)

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
2006 Boba Fett Blaster Signature Edition - Review and Pics
« on: August 24, 2007, 10:05:30 PM »
Master Replicas 2006 Boba Fett Blaster Signature Edition

“He’s no good to me dead!”
-Boba Fett , Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

With the introduction of Boba Fett into the Star Wars universe many of the fans chose a new favorite character.  One that wasn’t the heart of the story.  One that wasn’t an arrogant rogue.  One that wasn’t a comic relief.  But ONE that was completely and utterly Bad to the Bone!  With few actions and fewer words, Boba Fett captured the imaginations of a generation who wanted to know more about this mysterious Bounty Hunter who was able to accomplish what poor Greedo and so many others could not.  Capture Han Solo.  Once he made that venture he became solidified into what made Star Wars cool.  Now, after so many years and so many day dreams.  We the fans get the chance to own the Weapon of the infamous Bounty Hunter, Boba Fett.

Brought to our Galaxy by Master Replicas in exquisite fashion. A weapon that has seen so much action and been from one side of the galaxy to the other can now reside in your home.

Opening my Signature Edition was a treat, to say the least.  Little did I know what a fantastic replica laid in wait for me.  As I pulled away the protective foam and cardboard to find the dreaded blaster I could not believe my eyes when I finally unwrapped it.

Looking like it had been pulled from Boba Fett’s armory on Slave 1 the blaster had all the wear and tear on it that I imagined it would.

The weight of the Blaster is quite impressive.  This is no quick-draw blaster, but a full on Two-handed “make my day” kinda cannon!  The Blaster itself weighs a hefty 10 lbs and can give you quite a workout from handling it.  Measurements on the Blaster I have broken down two ways.  First is the Full length of the Blaster which is 33 ½ inches long.  Next, I’ve broken lenth up into the length of the Main part of the Blaster and the Stock of the Blaster.  The Gun length is 19 3/4 inches long from barrel tip to the end of the grip.  The Length of the Stock goes from the top part of the grip to the end of the shoulder rest and is 15 3/4 inches long.
Exact Dimensions for the display case are as follows.
36 inches long x 12 1/4 inches tall x 8 1/8 inches deep

Now that I’ve covered the physical space specifics of the Boba Fett Blaster I can move on to the paint application or “weathering” 
When I first saw the Boba Blaster prototype at San Diego Comic-Con in 2006, I was impressed with the weathering on the weapon.  Due to some production changes to accommodate the ability to produce them in mass quantities, some of the fine weathering detail was lost.
If you take a real close look at the paint application it will make you think that it just doesn’t look “real” enough.  But you have to also take into consideration that this is a replica of a PROP.  The original prop most likely looked exactly like this one.  The weathering does look really nice from 3 feet away which is the optimal viewing distance. 
One of my favorite areas of weathering is on the Stock section of the Blaster.  Each area that would see continual contact from use was weathered in such a way that it looks pretty close to real.  I also do like the “rust” coloring on the weapon.  It’s not overdone and looks like the blaster has just been sitting inside of Fett’s ship, Slave 1, waiting for him to use it on his next bounty.
There are some applications that do seem to be a little out of place and that is those of the black marks on the weapon.  As someone else said, “it looks like Boba decided to try and color in some scratches with a Sharpie.”   Although it does indeed look like that on close inspection, once you back away and take the gun as a whole it doesn’t stand out as much as some would think.

The construction of the Blaster is SOLID!  Not only is this gun heavy, but it is tight in every aspect and you don’t feel like you could break it if you swing it around to take aim at your next target.  The scope is non-functional, as I imagine the actual prop version was.  The trigger on this weapon is non-moving, as well.  One thing I’m glad the Blaster did not have was an Orange plug found so common in the MR replica guns.

The Base of the display is well made.  I can see why it had to be redesigned to hold the weight of the Blaster.  As the conventional way of attaching the acrylic holders would not work.  So it looks like the holders were made longer to fit tightly down inside square notches cut into the base.  It’s not something that is that noticeable and only caught that detail because I was actually looking for the modification to the base.  Which was the reason why the Blasters took so long to ship to the U.S.

The copyright and license stamping can be found on the bottom of the main grip.  Unlike my other signature edition replicas, this one does not come with “Signature Edition” stamped on it anywhere.

Now, do I think that this replica blaster was worth waiting over a year for?

I would have to answer an emphatic...YES!

Boba Fett has always been a favorite character of mine in the Star Wars Saga and when I found out that MR was making a replica of my favorite Fett gun, I couldn’t be more excited.  Whenever I get a chance to stop and look at my Boba Fett Blaster Signature Edition, I feel that I made a very wise choice in waiting this out to finally receive the weapon of the Most Dangerous Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy.

Signed Plaque Number 0485/1000 with the ever so proper signature of Jeremy Bulloch

The Certificate of Authenticity.

Boba Fett Blaster
Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
Signature Edition

From his entrance on the bridge of Darth Vader’s command ship in Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, to his ignominious exit in the belly of the mighty Sarlacc in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, Boba Fett excited fans’ imaginations like no other character in the Star Wars univers.

We would come to learn that Boba Fett was in fact a clone, an exact genetic duplicate of his father, famed bounty hunter Jango Fett.  Raised in isolation on the storm-laden world of Kamino, young Boba learned valuable survival and martial arts skills from his highly talented father.  When Jango was killed in the opening battle of the Clone Wars, Boba embarked on a path that would lead him into the “family business.”

But at his introduction a long time ago, in a decade not too far, far away, Boba Fett was simply a mysterious, armor-clad warrior who said little and carried a big gun...

Boba Fett’s blaster prop used in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, like it slightly different counterpart seen in Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, was based on a World War I flare gun that was used to signal aircraft from the ground.  The sight appears to be a 4 x 20 sighting scope with plastic model kit parts.  Kit parts can also be found on the stock and other arts of the gun.  Additionally the barrel was dressed with T-track sections that were commonly used on many other Star Wars weapons.

To model our replica, we scanned a surviving Boba Fett blaster prop in the Lucasfilm archives and obtained the actual flare gun that was used to make the original prop.  Using this data we modeled the precise geometries of everyone’s favorite bounty hunter’s weapon, ensuring that our replica is as accurate as you could want it to be.

We hope you enjoy this latest and valuable addition to your Star Wars collection for many years to come.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:18:18 AM by ANAKIN SKYWALKER »

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
Re: 2006 Boba Fett Blaster Signature Edition - Review and Pics
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 12:35:18 AM »
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o  :o  :o. I WAITED FOR THIS REVIEW LIKE A CHRISTMAS!!!  Aah, most privileged to give first reply to this awesome blaster review, Anakin  ;). Awesome and most informative review of this Boba Fett blaster! My favorite character from Star Wars is Boba Fett and seeing reviews like yours Anakin to this great character is most appreciated. There's coming Jeremy Bulloch signature soon to me and if God lets me, some day I shall receive mine Boba blaster, since I ordered one ages ago. You're still the greatest reviewer of fx-sabers  ;)

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 01:22:25 PM »
Today my Boba Fett blaster arrived to this local store, they sended email to me and asked 1700 $ for it!!!!  :o. Hey c'mon give me break  :P

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 06:10:20 PM »
$1700!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

holy heck!

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 06:33:15 PM »
 ;)
As always great review and pics master anakin and congrats on that wonderful art piece you have there my friend!! ;D

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 02:31:01 AM »
Anakin could you show us picture of the certificate of authenticity or other booklets?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:34:56 AM by CHANCELLOR PALPATINE »

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 03:25:32 AM »
Amazing piece. congrats master Anakin!
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 09:19:07 AM »
Anakin could you show us picture of the certificate of authenticity or other booklets?

Added a pic of the COA

Offline Plane Crazy

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 09:58:35 AM »

Great review. That looks so much better than I imagined it would.  I need to clean the drool up from around my keyboard.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 04:28:55 PM »

Added a pic of the COA

Thanks my friend. You may know how "green" I'm here because of this blaster  :D

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 07:43:39 AM »
oh maaaaaaannn!!! Look at that!!! Its weathered and all these times. I thought its just a replica but a brand new blaster with shiny paints. Gosh, that looks good!!! Too bad my local MR distributor is asking for astronomical prices for this babe!

Beautiful, is all I can say but added value is that Boba himself signed a plate there!

B

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 07:09:17 PM »
Thanks!!

I still look at in AWE every day when I leave for work.

Offline jetsaber

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 04:39:44 PM »
Nice Blaster :Maybe one day soon ... 8)

Offline Marv

• Padawan Learner
    • http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=16395
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 09:01:40 AM »
Does this model differ in any way other than the signed plaque from the standard release?
T-track seller on the FISD and RPF

Offline Fastball Special

• No Force
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 08:48:15 PM »
I need to get one of these. So hard to track down these days.

retrousse