fiduciary

Author Topic: CFv9 - flash on the 1st swing after a force effect (Solved)  (Read 1433 times)

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
CFv9 - flash on the 1st swing after a force effect (Solved)
« on: February 24, 2018, 03:27:02 PM »
Just completed a CFv9 build with a CeX - it's another amazing card from Erv! Really liking some of the new features, particularly the multi bolt from the PRIZM, the endlock effects (had fun creating some), the ability to set the startup colour profile per font, and the new 'Spectrum' colour browsing (which makes navigating the 16 colour profiles SO much easier).

In testing it though I've run across an odd issue and wondered if anyone else has seen it, or could shed any light on it:

After triggering a force sound (aux+swing) the next swing will have a FoC effect. The swing sound plays fine - it's not a clash or stab sound - it's a swing but with a FoC effect. It doesn't matter if the force effect is interrupted, even if I trigger a blaster effect after the force, or wait until long after the force sound has completed, still the next swing will play the swing sound but with a FoC effect. It also doesn't seem to matter if the flash on force (focf1) is set.

Everything else seems to be working fine - just this one issue. Has anyone else experienced this?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 09:22:19 AM by MikeyX »

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
Re: CFv9 - flash on the 1st swing after a force effect (Solved)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 01:52:54 AM »
Update: I previously stated that it didn't make any difference if the focf1 (flash on force) was set - that was incorrect - it seems to be directly related.

With the focf1 set the force effect fails to trigger the FoC effect on the force, but instead does so on the next swing, even if there is a gap of time between the two. If the focf1 is not set then there is no issue.

Previously I had thought it wasn't related as I had the focfx settings per font, but had forgotten to remove it from where I had them in the override file. It makes more sense for it to be related - anyone else seen this issue?

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 03:49:04 AM »
that's a good pick / find, it might be due to some action flag not set / reset properly in the code.
I will get at it as soon as possible to review this !
Where are you located ?

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 05:50:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I'm in the UK - the card came from the great folks at JQS so it's a European one.

I tried a few other things earlier and was getting some similar odd behaviour with the flash on force clash - but it doesn't seem to be as predictably linked to the focf2 setting, and might be related to whether the focf3 flash on stab (!?) is enabled - I would need to play around a bit more to nail that down. The behaviour is that there is no foc effect on the force clash, but the next clash also has no foc effect before returning to normal behaviour.

On the plus side to add to the new features I'm enjoying I also discovered the new ability to mix the iSaber tracks with the saber FX sounds - it's one of the new features that I mentally skipped over when reading it - but very cool in practice  :grin:

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 09:39:01 AM »
Just wanted to say that I'm on this issue, I didn't have time until today, and I found the issue in the firmware, it's just like you described and it's a predictable behavior that can be reproduced.
I'm flashing my current batch of boards with a corrected FW as soon as I've validated the fix. If you wish to have your board corrected, NP, just email me via the website.

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 09:22:01 AM »
Many thanks for letting me know Erv - good to know I wasn't going mad :smiley:

retrousse