fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239685 times)

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #1080 on: July 13, 2010, 12:24:35 AM »
*patpats Han Solo*

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #1081 on: July 13, 2010, 12:27:46 AM »
Yeah I remember those orange balls and no padding in the ol days...OUCH...

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #1082 on: July 13, 2010, 12:30:47 AM »
Yeah I remember those orange balls and no padding in the ol days...OUCH...

Had that happen once with a baseball. Talk about pain :o . Walking afterwards was the greatest challenge.

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #1083 on: July 13, 2010, 12:25:40 PM »
CONFUSION

I have a presentation on Monday about a paper called 'Narrative Time' but the sentence structure alone makes my head spin.

'Within-time-ness' a term I'm trying to understand but getting confused, then angry, then frustrated and then I give up (for like an hour).

If only I could just talk about Back to the Future....make it soooo much easier...

Also, my stupid bank wont let me transfer money to my paypal so I can't get my Tags of Hon-Rev!

Furthermore someone keeps parking right in front of my gate so I have to jump the fence to leave the property. Sometimes I wish I had super strength so I could just crush it into a ball and then dump it somewhere...

Vent now ends and I return to the 'Temporal implications of plot"................

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #1084 on: July 13, 2010, 12:32:37 PM »
Frankly I'd write a nice note, and leave it on the car.  And by nice, I mean the way I would be nice, not the way you would be nice.  Because my way of being nice isn't being nice at all.  And yours is.

Now if you can understand the above sentence, you really should have no problems with within-time-ness.

Oh and if the nice-that-isn't note doesn't work, do what my favorite philosopher and politician would do: Boot to the Head!!!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #1085 on: July 13, 2010, 02:07:38 PM »
You wish for super strength to crush it? Have you forgotten which forum you are on? You should be wishing for a real lightsaber so you can slice it up like sushi...SNAP! HISSS!!! SWOOSH, SLICE, DICE, DESTROY... ...buh bye space-hogger-mobile lol

Seriously though sorry to hear it docdoom...I had my fill of inconsiderate people today too; went to see Predators and about a dozen young people filed in behind me and wouldnt stop talking when the movie started. Hey folks if I wanted Commentary I'd wait for the DVD release eh?

Left and got my money back but still annoying...as with your car a little courtesy towards other people would have enlightened them not to behave that way, but some people are just inconsiderate louts.  ::)

I hope your situation resolves itself to your benefit and soon, and that you master that confusing assignment too.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #1086 on: July 13, 2010, 03:12:58 PM »
*GASP*

How on Earth could I forget to wish for the Lightsaber when it says in the address bar SABERS....I have disgraced myself!  :D

I think seeing your car sliced up into pieces is a lot more effective I suppose!

As per your situation with Predators, I hate it when people talk during films. It's led me to tell people to shut up in Cinemas...kindof ironic if you think about it...

Barriss- The ironic thing is, the car owner is a nurse who is helping a neighbour because he can't walk, so you think she would know better and park properly.

Unfortunately, I still don't get 'within-time-ness'...But I appreciate your help  ;)

Offline V2StarKiller

• No Force
« Reply #1087 on: July 13, 2010, 07:04:28 PM »
I am losing a lot of money because Obama shut the Gulf Of Mexixo down because of an accident, a plane crash we don't shut the airlines down, a car wrecks we don't shut the roads down. Its all about votes now we gonna have half million people unemployed down south, people with good jobs that wanna work hard and make the sacafices I been in this business for 23 years I can't belive this crap.   Thanks for the Vent

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #1088 on: July 14, 2010, 01:32:51 AM »
*patpats docdoom, Kanomi and Starkiller*

Hang in there, people. My prayers go with ya.

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #1089 on: July 14, 2010, 10:10:07 AM »
I here you folks on the Predators issue. First night I saw it, none stop blab. I have told people in the past to menancingly zip it (aggressiveness can help, so as long as it is cold and controlled) and it has worked. I really did not pay to listen to them or their 20 year punk buddies. >:( It kinda ruined it the first night watched it. Especially some punk stating, "What a lame fight scene" with the Yakuza and the Tracker Predator. (Not gonna spoil it anymore, but it was true to form) I think I may get to a review of this one later this week. It brought me to the original. 8) The second night I watched it, I was closer to the frount and it greatly reduced the inappriate behaviour. I am disappointed it was rated only 14A as it was beyond violent and vulgar language. Part of why it had a lower rating here was because has low ratings and Fox is suffering at the Box Office this summer.

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #1090 on: July 14, 2010, 12:18:17 PM »
FREAKING OUT HERE.....

I'm going to school for medical billing and coding.  In order to graduate I have to complete 160 hours of externship - essentially an internship working at the extern site at least 30 hours per week.  My current job has me working odd hours that would only leave me time to extern 2 hours a weekday and  on weekends.  When I talked to the admissions people in December they told me not to worry about things, they give people Saturday hours all the time, and they'd work around my schedule when the time came.  I told them - but it strictly states in the "check off guide" that I know that these are the parameters of the externship.  They said, "Oh that's a formality that all the campuses use.  It's up to the individual campus' discretion."

Today I find out - a month before I'm set to go out on externship - that I was flat out LIED TO.  The policy is strictly followed because they're subject to auditing by the federal government so that they can continue to receive federal grant money.  If I had known this I would have either not signed up for school, or I would have started making plans a couple months ago.  Now I'm looking to lose $13,000 out of my pocket AND I'll be out a diploma even though I'm a straight A student.

I'm not on unemployment, and my savings were eaten up by the tuition.  I have no idea how I'm going to find a job that will allow me to work 30 hours a week for free while earning enough money to support me and my sister - who is my dependent.  I am so mad!!!! If I was given the full information I would have been able to make arrangements.  I am so close to tears.  All those months of getting up and extra 3.5 hours early, studying on my lunch hour, cancelling social engagements, compromising, inconveniencing everyone - calling up Chewie, Eastern, JK and the rest of my friends in the middle of the night in tears due to too much stress... (my middle of the night isnt their middle of the night)

Moral of my story - GET IT IN WRITING.  It may sound like a little thing now, or something silly to not even worry about, but now I'm scrambling, and the best way I see out of my situation is to get nationally certified early so that my externship will be less critical in landing a job.  Which means sitting for a national certification a year earlier than is recommended.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #1091 on: July 14, 2010, 12:47:52 PM »
Barriss, I know exactly what it's like when a University/School/College/whatever, screws you about. I've had  financial issues with my University who have 'lost' forms and etc in the post countless times to the point that I didn't want to go on with my course. I sympathise and only wish I could do a bit more for you.

I really hope you get your situation all solved and settled. Maybe you can sue the Admin Assistant who lied to you in the first place?

See in these situations this is when we all REALLY need Lightsabers to threaten annoying admin people who don't listen!

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #1092 on: July 14, 2010, 07:13:16 PM »
*patpats Barriss, docdoom and Han Solo*

Just received some unfortunate news today, too. I'll be praying for all of us.

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #1093 on: July 14, 2010, 07:33:31 PM »
Since I've gone back from vacation a couple weeks ago I've been working pretty much non-stop. 3-4 hours a sleep a day if I'm lucky and stressed out to no end. Today I had to take some time away to go to the doctor to get a big lump on the back of my neck looked at. They don't think its anything to worry about, but next week they are going to cut it out. Hoping its nothing, but still going to worry until I know its not. Hoping its healed up before I go down to CV here in a few weeks as well. Now off to take a nap before I have to work another four hours here soon. yay

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #1094 on: July 14, 2010, 11:44:15 PM »
In 2006, I broke broke both tibula and fibula at the ankle, ended up with 8 screws, 1 plate and a year of crutches, walker, wheel chair and stuck indoors virtually immobile and bored to depression. It didnt heal right...and has been trouble since. 2 weeks ago, my ankle started hurting whenever I walked but not when I poked around. Yesterday I had xrays and was fitted with a brace. Today I was called by the Doc office... From what the xrays showed, I was set up for a CT scan next week. I have no idea what's up or if I need surgeory again...but its yet another stress added to my list of ultra stresses of the last 2.5 weeks. Needless to say, Im a little worried.

Sigh... It never ends...
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

retrousse