fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239586 times)

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #930 on: April 12, 2010, 07:33:03 PM »
*patpats Barriss and docdoom*

At least you guys are hanging in there and moving forward. My own graduate education is in limbo right now. Still praying about it and thinking about what to do next.

As long as you keep it in mind it never goes away, meaning as long as you don't give up then you will get through this unfortunate limbo.

Many thanks, good sir. Much appreciated. ^_^v

More like a loud whimper... my whole right arm - fingertips to shoulder ACHES! Have never really painted before and certainly not worked on anything 30"x40"... :-s

*patpats* Hang in there, Shaak Ti. The growing pains will pass. Pace yourself. :)

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #931 on: April 12, 2010, 08:14:45 PM »
More like a loud whimper... my whole right arm - fingertips to shoulder ACHES! Have never really painted before and certainly not worked on anything 30"x40"... :-s

I know what you mean. I just got done buying 19 boxes of high grade flooring and moved it three times to get it into the house (store to cart, cart to car, car to inside). I have bad knees, bad hip and a bad back. If I wake up with my back thrown out I wouldn't be surprised.

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #932 on: April 12, 2010, 08:27:55 PM »
*patpats Darth Gius*

Muscles tend to protest whenever we suddenly call on them to work. I remember the first time I had to haul big water jugs around...

EDIT: I think this will explain what Filipinos are fuming about right now:
http://www.gannsdeen.com/2010/04/12/meralco-raises-rates-filipinos-aghast/
http://chuvaness.livejournal.com/851923.html

I still thank God that the increase in my electric bill is still manageable by His grace--if downright annoying and unreasonable. Nevertheless, that DIY solar panel setup is looking awfully tempting right now...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:37:01 PM by Dearth Breather »

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Kel-Qui
    • My "crazybrittishninja" YouTube Channel
« Reply #933 on: April 12, 2010, 11:52:16 PM »
I mentioned that I was bleeding and that I think that my Kidneys were aching, well I have got to go to hospital today and to have a camera put down my ***** to take a look at my bladder and kidneys so hopefuly they will find out what is wrong. I am realy panaking as to what they will find as I have the thought's that both my parents lost their Dad's when their Dad's were my age, not to mention having a camera shoved down there

(if you want to know what the ***** is then look up Flexible Cystoscopy)

My Sabers
Spirit - Custom build by JQ Sabers
MR Luke ESB
MR Anakin ROTS <signed by Dave Prowse
Stunt saber no electronics
1 Half of the Twin Dragon - MHS custom build by me

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #934 on: April 13, 2010, 01:07:06 AM »
*patpats Kel-Qui* My friend and I just offered a prayer for you. You're on our prayer support list.

Offline Darth_Dadderall

• Force User
« Reply #935 on: April 13, 2010, 07:32:23 AM »
My gripe right now? A certain circuit board engineer (who shall remain nameless but really makes me want to go Nova) sold me a US2.5 on evilbay and A: Hasn't shipped and B: Won't answer contacts. Small wonder they developed a neg rep here. I guess I should have known better. I think it's because I won the bid at less than his Buy-it-now price. :P

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Kel-Qui
    • My "crazybrittishninja" YouTube Channel
« Reply #936 on: April 13, 2010, 12:01:23 PM »
Thanks Dearth Breather, I got back from the hospital a few hours ago and OMG :o I feel like I have been in the ring with Mike Tyson whilst being tied up but they didn't find anything wrong with my bladder thank goodness however I have got to go back again for more tests on my bladder and kidneys. I managed to get some sleep after getting back but I still feel like muck and it doesn't help that I have now got to go and do a night shift

My Sabers
Spirit - Custom build by JQ Sabers
MR Luke ESB
MR Anakin ROTS <signed by Dave Prowse
Stunt saber no electronics
1 Half of the Twin Dragon - MHS custom build by me

Offline Adegan4Antonio

• Force User
« Reply #937 on: April 13, 2010, 01:17:14 PM »
I Absoultely HATE brussel sprouts, just thinking about them makes me gag...Yuck ;D

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #938 on: April 13, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
Thanks Dearth Breather, I got back from the hospital a few hours ago and OMG :o I feel like I have been in the ring with Mike Tyson whilst being tied up but they didn't find anything wrong with my bladder thank goodness however I have got to go back again for more tests on my bladder and kidneys. I managed to get some sleep after getting back but I still feel like muck and it doesn't help that I have now got to go and do a night shift

I feel for you, Kel-Qui. I went through countless tests for my stomach including multiple scopes so I know how much that can suck.

On a brighter note I didn't throw my back out like I thought, but still pretty sore from moving all that stuff around.

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #939 on: April 13, 2010, 03:39:02 PM »
I'm banging my head against the wall because I don't understand what to do for my Director's notes. My tutor decided that describing everything in the most detailled manner possible was the right decision....

"You should also include a comprehensive breakdown of your visual treatment of the script, which gives a sense of your shooting plan for each scene in the script and a storyboard"

I undertsand what a shooting plan is.

I understand what a storyboard is.

Am I being asked to give a shooting plan of each scene with an accompanying storyboard?

I'm frazzled to be honest. My head is filled with the effects of non linear structure in film and if it truly exists if it works towards a linear conclusion....

This is why co-directing does not work...

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #940 on: April 13, 2010, 08:02:03 PM »
*patpats Dadderall, Kel-Qui, Adegan, Gius and docdoom*

Please continue to keep us updated. The prayers shall continue! :)

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #941 on: April 14, 2010, 11:08:03 AM »
I appreciate the concern, DB! But I also understand that my situation is miniscule, compared to what others may be going through. Still, venting helps.

Offline Lord Fovos

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #942 on: April 14, 2010, 02:02:33 PM »
I'm stuck with fools in my class, I can't do one thing without one really annoying girl butting in, and when I reply, she just starts randomly saying she'll be better than me as an adult. My reply, I told her about sabers, and that making them can earn plenty of money(or I think it would make quite ab bit+ a job), but of course from there, I had to explain what I meant by lightsabers(fx-sabers, of course), but they just don't get it. And then they all started making stupid comments about how they were stupid, and that this forum is stupid(I mentioned it when talking about making sabers for life), and on and on until the teacher gave them all demerits( except me, since I'm good and behave at school. Tommorow, I really hope to whack some of them upside their small, no-brained skulls with my converted darth maul(single).(But of course I won't, I'm just saying it would be nice to, I know better, being one of the teacher favorites)

( I need to bring my maul anyway for a descriptive writing-like paper for english)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:56:25 AM by Lord Fovos »

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #943 on: April 14, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »
Oh I have a girl like that in my class, just has to have the final word in every single situation, even if she does come of as a bit idiotic.

I think Gemini Concepts is a good example of making sabers for money works. Heck not just GC but all of those independent folk out there that make custom sabers for people and do fine.

Your school mates don't understand because lightsabers clearly don't appeal to them in the same way it does for you.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #944 on: April 14, 2010, 04:12:08 PM »
Though I do understand the temptation to go 'upside their head' when dealing with ignorant people please don't do that with your Maul tomorrow, that won't make you, or sabers, look any better to them or your teachers...only Sithy.

The simple answer to such people is that no one should criticize another person's legal hobbies because by their nature hobbies are highly personal and therefore never as interesting from the 'outsider' as the 'insider' viewpoint, but all hobbies require learning and thus are educational.

In the case of the saber hobby imo this hobby is highly educational in a variety of ways:

In learning to use sabers; spinning or dueling, we learn or improve hand eye coordination, dexterity, balance, timing and other physical skills.

In learning to build/convert sabers we learn about electronics, optics, precise tool use, machining, metal finishing and other widely useful skills.

And often we learn patience waiting for 'rare' parts to become available/in stock. Which may be something particularly useful to learn in life.

So if anyone criticizes the saber hobby to you just remember they are being ignorant but you are learning and that is always good for you eh?

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

retrousse