fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239591 times)

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Kel-Qui
    • My "crazybrittishninja" YouTube Channel
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #915 on: April 08, 2010, 08:00:36 PM »
Alright, I need to vent a bit! So, my leg is starting to do great now. Less pain and walking good!
But, now I may loose my hearing in my left ear. You see, as I said before I had no insurance when I got into the motorcycle accident. So, I use Med stops for my care right now. I had what I thought was a tooth infection. I went to Med Stop to get help. They did not check my records (they had thm in their hand) and put me on Amoxicillin. Well, I had a ton of that after my surgeries. So the antibiotics were doing nothing. They gave me nothing for the pain becasue they have me listed as an addict because of all the pain killers I have had over the past year. They don't look at why! Try losing your leg and not have a pain killer!! Don't think so. Well, my ear was getting worse so I went back a week later.. They told me that all I have is simmers ear and that I have been swimming a lot!  :o What!!!!!! I said " Um, I am an amputee! Swimming is pointless! It would be called circling not swimming! No I have not been swimming"! You know what she said?! "Oh, yes. You have been swimming. Stay out of the water for a while." Shocked I was!!!  :o  >:(
So a few days later and no sleep. I went to the ER. They looked at my ear and said I have one of the worst inner ear infection this ER doctor had ever seen. So, that is an infection behind my ear drum. He said that they are affiliated with the Med Stop and they he has the same records they have. That is how I found out that they have me listed as an addict. He said this could have been avoided if they would have read my file. He gave me good antibiotics and .....pain killers. He said if this does not change in a few days then I need to come back as I may have to have surgery to relieve the pressure and  have IV antibiotics.  He said that I may have some damage already and "may" not get all the hearing back!
NOT COOL!

loosing hearing is not good trust me I know I was born with hearing difficulties so I do understand and ear infections are a common thing for me, Doctors have told me (Female doctors as well) that the pian you can get from ear infection can be worse than child birth, but I wouldn't like to challang a woman to that LOL  ;) hope you get better soon and I am glad to hear (no pun intended) that your getting better apart from your ear since your operation

My Sabers
Spirit - Custom build by JQ Sabers
MR Luke ESB
MR Anakin ROTS <signed by Dave Prowse
Stunt saber no electronics
1 Half of the Twin Dragon - MHS custom build by me

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #916 on: April 08, 2010, 11:26:45 PM »
Well thank you DB, I hadnt thought about it like that. I feel much better.

You're welcome. :)

Alright, I need to vent a bit! So, my leg is starting to do great now. Less pain and walking good!
But, now I may loose my hearing in my left ear. You see, as I said before I had no insurance when I got into the motorcycle accident. So, I use Med stops for my care right now. I had what I thought was a tooth infection. I went to Med Stop to get help. They did not check my records (they had thm in their hand) and put me on Amoxicillin. Well, I had a ton of that after my surgeries. So the antibiotics were doing nothing. They gave me nothing for the pain becasue they have me listed as an addict because of all the pain killers I have had over the past year. They don't look at why! Try losing your leg and not have a pain killer!! Don't think so. Well, my ear was getting worse so I went back a week later.. They told me that all I have is simmers ear and that I have been swimming a lot!  :o What!!!!!! I said " Um, I am an amputee! Swimming is pointless! It would be called circling not swimming! No I have not been swimming"! You know what she said?! "Oh, yes. You have been swimming. Stay out of the water for a while." Shocked I was!!!  :o  >:(
So a few days later and no sleep. I went to the ER. They looked at my ear and said I have one of the worst inner ear infection this ER doctor had ever seen. So, that is an infection behind my ear drum. He said that they are affiliated with the Med Stop and they he has the same records they have. That is how I found out that they have me listed as an addict. He said this could have been avoided if they would have read my file. He gave me good antibiotics and .....pain killers. He said if this does not change in a few days then I need to come back as I may have to have surgery to relieve the pressure and  have IV antibiotics.  He said that I may have some damage already and "may" not get all the hearing back!
NOT COOL!

*patpats Amptrooper*

If it's any consolation, sir, I have a relative who can empathize with you as far as hearing is concerned. My prayers go with you.

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #917 on: April 10, 2010, 10:20:49 AM »
I feel bad for posting my current problem because it doesn't actually seem like a problem, in comparison to those who are ill and etc.

But I need to VENT.

I'm fuming, I'm really angry and it's all down to bad partner picking. I'm talking about University. Two weeks until the final deadlines, which I will meet, but there is one module where we had to partner with someone. We were to Co-Direct a short scene as well as do Director notes.

The Co-Directing exercise was a nightmare as the guy I teamed with is a control freak.

But my problem comes in today. I ask the guy what he wants to do with the additional work ( small scene breakdown booklett) but he suggests I do it because he thinks he has enough to do. This coupled with the fact he owes me money from our film shoot and that he decided to wipe my entire lighting design from our film in favour of using after effects in the edit. This just made me snap. I'm really angry with the guy and my gut instict is to rip the guy  new one. But I wont. Because it wont help my situation nd may make things worse.

Sorry, just needed to vent, badly.

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #918 on: April 10, 2010, 05:29:08 PM »
*patpats docdoom* That guy reminds me of some college project groupmates I had. Hang in there, doc.

Offline Darth Inferis

• Master Force User
  • UK sabersmith
« Reply #919 on: April 10, 2010, 09:28:10 PM »
Good grief DD, doesn't this guy understand that a decent lighting setup at least reduces or at best negates the need for fiddling around with A:AE? Who does the guy think he is Jim Cameron?  ???
I know CG is the way of the future but there are budget constraints to think about. What's the point in giving yourself unnecessary work to do on a computer when you can nip it in the bud during filming? Look on the bright side amigo, with the project out of the way you need never work with the guy again. Ever!!  ;)
Oh & in case you were wondering I'm a qualified video editor but my training touched on all the bases of film production. I even have my own industry standard editing suite at home. It'd be great to work with you some time.  ;D
Beware the Mark of the Gungan! :o

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #920 on: April 11, 2010, 12:03:32 AM »
I swear I seem to have the worst luck with the Yun saber that General Grievous and his team built.  Don't get me wrong it's an excellent craftsmanship and the General is awesome at putting things together.  I absolutely LOVE my converted RLSA saber the General did for me.  It works beautiful and went together beyond my expectations and his as well.

For the Yun on the other hand...dunno what is up with this saber.  I get it from him after they were completed.  Worked fine for a bit then went to charge it, something went wrong during charging and just completely went haywire.  So I sent it to the General for repairs, found out it was a defective Lighthound RBG.  So he  replaced it for me and made the recharge port even longer for me to have easier access.  I get it back in the mail on Thursday and absolutely thrilled with it.  Activating it, hearing the soundboard, seeing the bright Soul P4 white with Yellow Lee filter, with new nylon blade that the General made for me.  I was happy as a boy on Christmas seeing his Christmas toys.

So I sat the saber down for a few minutes on my bed, then picked up again to play with it more.  I hit the turn on button and nadda...nothing would power on.  I felt my heart sunk.  I couldn't believe I was having problems again.

So I fugred it was the batteries again, I gave it a charge and once the charger gave me a green light, I unplugged it and hit the button to turn it on and .......nope.  No activation, nothing.  *sigh* 

The General and I are very frustrated about this saber, particularly the General, I can't blame him either.  He believes that the activation switch took a dump which seems very likely.  At least we know this time it wasn't the batteries.

This saber is driving us both batty.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 12:06:48 AM by Vosk »

Offline Darth Reaver

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #921 on: April 11, 2010, 12:29:12 AM »
Got A LOT, to vent about. Recently at college I've been getting a lot of BS from people about being gay. Been pushed around and even gotten some threats! I mean it's ridiculous, I thought our day and age was better than this. I mean I really don't know what to do, I'm definitely not strong enough to fight back, and it makes me really really mad to think about how if it gets much worse I might have to switch schools. Sad to see that at least where I go to school, people still think it makes them "cool" to gay bash. :(

Venting over, for now.  ;)
Coruscant? Ummm...uhhh....does not compute...uhh
You're under arrest!

Offline enaswede

• Master Force User
« Reply #922 on: April 11, 2010, 01:30:26 AM »
Prejudice in whatever form is a terrible thing. It comes in many forms. Whether it be due to race, weight or sexual orientation, I have seen it effect people I care about in my life. You cannot let others ignorance influence your decisions and change your dreams. In time, I know gay people will continue to get the respect and legal changes they deserve. But, I would suggest to continue to fight (not violently) for your rights as a human being and as you get older and look back on your college experience it should give you strength and pride how you learned to handle your situation. DO NOT RUN AWAY!! I know that is easy for me to say, but you could end up in the same or worst situation and you might regret your decision later in life. I wish you all the best and hope you find happiness in your life. I know you will. The... force is with you. :)

"When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master!"
Click here to view my personal lightsaber & blaster collection!

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #923 on: April 11, 2010, 03:44:35 AM »
*patpats Reaver, Shadow Vosk and General G.*

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #924 on: April 11, 2010, 10:13:08 AM »
Reaver: Wish I could say I'm surpised at the gay bashing.  Wish I could say that prejudice of any kind is so passe, and last decade, but the reality is as long as there are people, there will be a need to feel better than someone else, as well as the gut reaction to fear and hate what they don't understand.

Keep strong, we all have our own particular trials in life, and how you handle these situations will help develop your character.  While no on likes being shunned, for any reason, at least you know that you are not in the wrong (the only person's opinion that counts in this case).  Prejudice entirely on your orientation is as silly as prejudice entirely on your hair color.  Just know that College isn't forever, and you just might surprise yourself with hidden reserves of strength.

Doc, I'm definitely not qualified to state what would be the best course of action, but maybe you could turn this into an example of how you dealt with a control freak - something that you'll run into again.

As for my venting, school is so intense.  I'm used to intense.  I don't know how to not do intense, but THIS kind of intense is just nuts.  Studying what I'm being taught in school is one thing, but if I want to get the most out of my education, I have to get the Continuing Education Units before I graduate so that I can at least be competitive with other people in my future industry.  Oh, and there's the optional National Certification - which will equal and additional $10k-$15k per year upon graduation.

Now, I don't HAVE to do any of the CEUs or the Certifications after I graduate.  I can work up to them, and eventually get the higher salary, but the thing is, if I JUST graduate, and try to get a job with JUST my diploma, I'll be limited to a salary range that's currently way below what I make now. SO, in essence, I have to do WAY more than just schoolwork if I'm going to be able to justify my tuition expenses - which will drain my life savings by the way.

So, I'm burning the candle at both ends, finding out just what endurance and perseverance means first hand, but there is a goal. There is a reason.  It's just really hard to see the summit at the moment, I'm still bogged down in the foothills.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #925 on: April 11, 2010, 10:47:11 AM »

As for my venting, school is so intense.  I'm used to intense.  I don't know how to not do intense, but THIS kind of intense is just nuts.  Studying what I'm being taught in school is one thing, but if I want to get the most out of my education, I have to get the Continuing Education Units before I graduate so that I can at least be competitive with other people in my future industry.  Oh, and there's the optional National Certification - which will equal and additional $10k-$15k per year upon graduation.

Now, I don't HAVE to do any of the CEUs or the Certifications after I graduate.  I can work up to them, and eventually get the higher salary, but the thing is, if I JUST graduate, and try to get a job with JUST my diploma, I'll be limited to a salary range that's currently way below what I make now. SO, in essence, I have to do WAY more than just schoolwork if I'm going to be able to justify my tuition expenses - which will drain my life savings by the way.

So, I'm burning the candle at both ends, finding out just what endurance and perseverance means first hand, but there is a goal. There is a reason.  It's just really hard to see the summit at the moment, I'm still bogged down in the foothills.

I feel for you B, but you need to keep that goal in mind. That's the only way you're going to get through busting your hump everyday.

I've been in higher education since I left high school, but I'll say it was worth it as I learnt things which can help me get me to my goal faster.

---
With my situation, I killed the guy. I wish. No, I'm just going to slaughter him in the Crit come Tuesday. People will know how much of a nightmare he is to work with and how stupid he is for wasting my time and recreating MY design in after effects. I'm using a lot more foul language right now, but I understand not to express those words here...save them for facebook.

The editor and sound designer both agree with me, so I know I'm not just holding a grudge.

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #926 on: April 11, 2010, 07:38:45 PM »
*patpats Barriss and docdoom*

At least you guys are hanging in there and moving forward. My own graduate education is in limbo right now. Still praying about it and thinking about what to do next.

Offline Sith_Lord_Shadow

• Master Force User
  • Devastation20X Thats my LIVE Gamertag.
    • Gamers Club
« Reply #927 on: April 12, 2010, 01:22:02 PM »
Had a bad day, got over it, thanks to my friends here and at school.
FX- Sabers Official ** smashes head into monitor ** Guy.

"Good things happen to good people, but sometimes you just have to wait."

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #928 on: April 12, 2010, 02:17:40 PM »
*patpats Barriss and docdoom*

At least you guys are hanging in there and moving forward. My own graduate education is in limbo right now. Still praying about it and thinking about what to do next.

As long as you keep it in mind it never goes away, meaning as long as you don't give up then you will get through this unfortunate limbo.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #929 on: April 12, 2010, 06:47:44 PM »
More like a loud whimper... my whole right arm - fingertips to shoulder ACHES! Have never really painted before and certainly not worked on anything 30"x40"... :-s
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

retrousse