fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239256 times)

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #870 on: March 25, 2010, 01:34:46 PM »
take the advice of 1) a married man (MJ) and 2) a woman (me)

give her time.  leave her alone.  she'll eventually get pissed at you that you're ignoring her, she'll yell at you for it, and then things will be back to normal.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Sith_Lord_Shadow

• Master Force User
  • Devastation20X Thats my LIVE Gamertag.
    • Gamers Club
« Reply #871 on: March 25, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
Thank you, BO. Encouraging words.
FX- Sabers Official ** smashes head into monitor ** Guy.

"Good things happen to good people, but sometimes you just have to wait."

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #872 on: March 25, 2010, 01:39:27 PM »
Is it prudent to call one of the spunkies women here...BO?  ;D :D

Just teasing  ;)

Time is a wonderful thing. It can heal wounds both physical and emotional...etc...
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline LANDO CALRISSIAN

• formerly known as Grayven
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have recently struck a deal with empire
« Reply #873 on: March 25, 2010, 01:50:44 PM »

Lets see if I can remember...

" Why are you always following me?!?"

Which, I am not.

" Why were you following me around the tables?!?"

And just for the record, they don't like catching you looking in their windows at night either. :o

I would say stop following her.

and more importantly, stop following her around the tables.

Ah, maybe cause I like you, maybe I should ask her some questions...

Why dont you notice that I like hanging out with you, you did at first

or

Why didnt you just talk to me about this instead of yelling at me?

Yeaaah.... no.  You should probably just leave her alone. 

All good is just as flawed as all bad. True power lies somewhere in between.
I like spaghetti, You like spaghetti? If so check out the spaghetti party over at judgesabersmith.com

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #874 on: March 25, 2010, 02:02:36 PM »
as one of the spunkiest women here (come to think of it, I can't think of a non-spunky women here but I digress) I will freely admit that we - women - can be nuts, act irrationally, expect you to read our minds - AND NO, WE'RE NOT GIVING YOU A HINT - and feel perfectly justified in being mad when you get it wrong.

of course, i'll also offer some words of advice to combat all this foolishness that we put you men through - we're worth it.  lol    :D ;)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Darth Frodo

• Experienced Force User
  • Ahhh..Does not compute..Ahhh..Your under arrest
« Reply #875 on: March 25, 2010, 02:05:56 PM »
So what happened in school today Jack?

Well.......

We are putting on this musical which is mamma mia. So i'm Bill the travelling father. As those of you who have seen mamma mia you will know that Bill "gets off" with Rosie at the end. So I have to lift my close aquantince Nicola(whos playing Rosie) off a bench into my arms. Now I have NOOO upper body strength at all. So when I tried to lift her (BTW shes of average weight) I almost drop her. After LAUGHING for about 20 mins we try and fail again. She stormed off. Now when I tried to to her she wouldn't have it. She took offence from my weakness. I now face a moral dilemma Apologise to her for NOTHING or Dont Apologise.

Advice?

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #876 on: March 25, 2010, 02:27:28 PM »
So what happened in school today Jack?

Well.......

We are putting on this musical which is mamma mia. So i'm Bill the travelling father. As those of you who have seen mamma mia you will know that Bill "gets off" with Rosie at the end. So I have to lift my close aquantince Nicola(whos playing Rosie) off a bench into my arms. Now I have NOOO upper body strength at all. So when I tried to lift her (BTW shes of average weight) I almost drop her. After LAUGHING for about 20 mins we try and fail again. She stormed off. Now when I tried to to her she wouldn't have it. She took offence from my weakness. I now face a moral dilemma Apologise to her for NOTHING or Dont Apologise.

Advice?

Time to invest in some 24 inch pythons

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #877 on: March 25, 2010, 02:31:33 PM »
frankly, either way you're screwed.  She probably now thinks she's a cow...

I keep telling y'all: we're nuts.

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #878 on: March 25, 2010, 02:33:05 PM »
liftups ?

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #879 on: March 25, 2010, 03:26:56 PM »
Yeah, laughing at the situation didn't help...although you were probably laughing at yourself and your weakness, obviously she didn't take it as such.

If I were you, I would send a nice gift of maybe roses or a card....just to show that you aren't a bad guy who is calling her "fat"...and grovel a bit as well. She was obviously mortified..

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #880 on: March 25, 2010, 03:37:58 PM »
as one of the spunkiest women here (come to think of it, I can't think of a non-spunky women here but I digress) I will freely admit that we - women - can be nuts, act irrationally, expect you to read our minds - AND NO, WE'RE NOT GIVING YOU A HINT - and feel perfectly justified in being mad when you get it wrong.

of course, i'll also offer some words of advice to combat all this foolishness that we put you men through - we're worth it.  lol    :D ;)
frankly, either way you're screwed.  She probably now thinks she's a cow...

I keep telling y'all: we're nuts.

Truer words little be spoken. lol

You all are nuts one way or another in my book, but your right women are usually worth it anyways. We keep our mouths shut when we shouldn't have to, we take fault when we need not, get blamed for everything even when nothing was done sometimes, and are endlessly insulting when we aren't. Just face up to those facts are always true, your always wrong no matter what, and you'll make a good pet for any woman lol. You can agrue back, but choose carefully.

I agree ignore the one and see if she comes back around. If not she's a looney toon for sure lol.

For Frodo I would say your answer to the dilemma is in how you want the outcome to be. You can admit to be weak and take the hit so she feels better. Or you can stay silent and let her think she's a cow. Either way Barriss is right your on the losing end of the argument. Time to hit the weights laddie.

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #881 on: March 25, 2010, 09:20:41 PM »
*patpats Sith Lord Shadow, Darth Frodo, and everyone else*

Offline jock109

• Force User
  • It's a great life if you don't weaken.
« Reply #882 on: March 26, 2010, 12:53:20 AM »
Young Frodo if you are to apologise to this girl for your lack of upper body strength then she should reply with an apology for her average weight. Neither are things that need be apologised for. You should suggest that the two of you get together of a few nights and practice. The more you work the muscles required to lift her the stronger they will become and the 2 of you together will get past this and see thats its really not that big a deal. She might not go for it immediately but give her a wee bit of time. Maybe a peace offering as Caine suggested as an ice breaker would go down well. Something you know she likes .................... as long as it isn't edible lol
My Sabers:
MR
Anakin AOTC x2, Luke ROTJ (EL), Vader ANH (1st), Mace Windu AOTC x2,
Luke ESB, Vader ESB, Anakin ROTS, Obi Wan ROTS x2,
Luke ROTJ (LED), Darth Maul (Single) x2, Vader ANH, Luke ANH,
Yoda x2, Luke ESB hilt,
Other
Obi Wan AFBB Prop hilt, JQ stunt saber x2

Offline jock109

• Force User
  • It's a great life if you don't weaken.
« Reply #883 on: March 27, 2010, 05:25:33 PM »
Bitter sweet this, wasn't sure whether to put it here of the good news cafe.

My wife works as a psychiatric nurse in an acute ward. Whilst helping restrain a patient yesterday an unfortunate turn of events led to the patient managing to bite my wifes hand rather severely and break the skin. Now i don't know the details (patient confidentiality) but i gather this woman originally comes from what would be considered a 'high risk' country for certain transmittable infectious diseases. To cut a long story short due to the time of day it happened (late afternoon) we had to wait 24hrs to get the results back from the blood tests. Turns out they were negative on all counts but to say it was a quiet, tense, stressful and torturous 24hrs is understating. Kids knew something was up but we kept it from them. Thankfully all my wife is left with is a minor cut and some bruising (very distinctly teeth!)

Phew!!!! too close.
My Sabers:
MR
Anakin AOTC x2, Luke ROTJ (EL), Vader ANH (1st), Mace Windu AOTC x2,
Luke ESB, Vader ESB, Anakin ROTS, Obi Wan ROTS x2,
Luke ROTJ (LED), Darth Maul (Single) x2, Vader ANH, Luke ANH,
Yoda x2, Luke ESB hilt,
Other
Obi Wan AFBB Prop hilt, JQ stunt saber x2

Offline Darth Inferis

• Master Force User
  • UK sabersmith
« Reply #884 on: March 27, 2010, 06:27:58 PM »
Wow!  :o
To think I'd come to this thread for the first time since I joined about half a year ago to vent about a failed attempt to buy a vintage 3-cell Graflex flash! I'd come here to curse evilBay and the dark soul who won the flash I was after & is also winning the second more expensive flash that's out of my price range. (Curse you eBay & mystery eBayer!!! Seemed a shame to waste it completely.)
But at a glance I can see my own woes pale in comparison to some.

Jock109 - Can't tell you how glad I am to hear your lady is in the clear my friend. Closest I came to a scare like that was when my sister had a cancer scare some years ago. I think it's safe to say I have a vague idea how worried you must have been & the level of relief the good news must have brought with it, I do stress though only a vague idea.

Darth Frodo - Can't hurt to try and make her laugh. It's a great healer. To that end I'd suggest a nice bunch of flowers delivered to her door with a card that reads something like "I'd have brought them myself but it turns out I lack the upper body strength to carry even a medium bouquet for two blocks! - Jack"
If it makes her laugh it'll take her mind off any thoughts of insecurity about her weight she might be having which should be enough to get her talking to you again. Just make sure you explain that the laughter was a nervous reaction because you couldn't believe you failed to lift someone as slender as her twice.
Beware the Mark of the Gungan! :o

retrousse