fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239306 times)

Offline jock109

• Force User
  • It's a great life if you don't weaken.
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #840 on: February 28, 2010, 01:07:29 PM »
Congrats on the pregnancy mike but 4 kids!!! you really need a hobby or a tv  :D sounds like you've got your work cut out for you in the next few days. don't want to think too much about the things you will clean up.

Lookin forward to the pic Barriss. Sure you'll manage to take them through your permasmile? You must look like your trying to swallow a coat hanger at the moment  ;D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:34:23 AM by jock109 »
My Sabers:
MR
Anakin AOTC x2, Luke ROTJ (EL), Vader ANH (1st), Mace Windu AOTC x2,
Luke ESB, Vader ESB, Anakin ROTS, Obi Wan ROTS x2,
Luke ROTJ (LED), Darth Maul (Single) x2, Vader ANH, Luke ANH,
Yoda x2, Luke ESB hilt,
Other
Obi Wan AFBB Prop hilt, JQ stunt saber x2

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #841 on: February 28, 2010, 07:03:14 PM »
I guess DB isnt around...

I'll drop this off here ;)

** smashes head into monitor **

He is now.  :P

*patpats sbmike and Sith Lord Shadow*

Hang in there, folks. FX Saber forum people are on my prayer list. :)

Offline jock109

• Force User
« Reply #842 on: March 01, 2010, 09:37:26 AM »
Well I've been home from work for almost 2 weeks now and never had the slightest inclination to turn on the PS3. But I decided earlier that I was going to tie up all the loose ends in Assassins Creed 2. Set up the big chair, put my feet up, turn the machine on, start the game, the usual routine. Get an error which i subsequently found out means that Sony in their infinite 'wisdom' have managed to make a complete pigs ear of the PSN and are trying to fix it. Even worse it is only affecting older phat models, so all the spotty teenagers who bought theirs yesterday are good to go but people like me who got theirs a few years back and have spent a few bob on games, accessories etc are left watching Blue Rays. And why today??? Eh??? Wife in Spain, kids in school, dog curled up on his bed sleeping contently and a few spare hours just for me. 1st time its happened in 12 days home and Sony go and boot it right up the khyber pass. I normally swear by Sony (phones,media players, tv's etc) but they are really starting to get right on my nipple tassles lately with their plans for world dominance, which if you remember goes way back to VHS (JVC) v's Betamax (Sony) in the 70's/80's. But anyhoo i'm getting annoyed that i'm spending what should be good gaming time on here moaning like an old woman.......................... so i'm out, toodles lol
My Sabers:
MR
Yoda x2, Luke ESB hilt,
Other

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #843 on: March 01, 2010, 06:42:46 PM »
*patpats jock109*

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #844 on: March 07, 2010, 11:51:18 AM »
I'm behind schedule on my film, rain and the stupid Gardens opening late means we have to film tommorrow. Which means I have to get up at 6 to get to the location for 8 ( I live an hour away) which also means I'm losing a day to study for my presentation...I also have to miss my tutorial tommorrow meaning im ill prepared for my scene prep a week on monday...

And to top it all off I'm pretty sure I'm spelling Tommorrow wrong...

:-\

Offline Aelde Renn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #845 on: March 07, 2010, 02:36:44 PM »
Hey Doc, could be worse, you could be getting up at 0430, to be at work by 0630!

You're right, one "m"   ;)

Anything worth doing is worth doing right; anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #846 on: March 07, 2010, 10:26:04 PM »
*patpats docdoom* Just do your best, sir. It's all we can do, really. :)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #847 on: March 07, 2010, 11:43:14 PM »
Well I've been home from work for almost 2 weeks now and never had the slightest inclination to turn on the PS3. But I decided earlier that I was going to tie up all the loose ends in Assassins Creed 2. Set up the big chair, put my feet up, turn the machine on, start the game, the usual routine. Get an error which i subsequently found out means that Sony in their infinite 'wisdom' have managed to make a complete pigs ear of the PSN and are trying to fix it. Even worse it is only affecting older phat models, so all the spotty teenagers who bought theirs yesterday are good to go but people like me who got theirs a few years back and have spent a few bob on games, accessories etc are left watching Blue Rays. And why today??? Eh??? Wife in Spain, kids in school, dog curled up on his bed sleeping contently and a few spare hours just for me. 1st time its happened in 12 days home and Sony go and boot it right up the khyber pass. I normally swear by Sony (phones,media players, tv's etc) but they are really starting to get right on my nipple tassles lately with their plans for world dominance, which if you remember goes way back to VHS (JVC) v's Betamax (Sony) in the 70's/80's. But anyhoo i'm getting annoyed that i'm spending what should be good gaming time on here moaning like an old woman.......................... so i'm out, toodles lol

A post before I hit the sack...I have an 80GB phatty PS3 as well, and I keep getting the "Out Of Memory" error a lot as well, however, it's only when I play Modern Warfare 2.  I don't get the error when I play Killzone 2 or when I played World At War.  Plus the servers for Modern Warfare are terrible.  So many dang connection issues and host migration issues it's not even funny.  When I get paid next month I'm getting Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and gonna move away from Call Of Duty.

I think even if there's another Call Of Duty game released I won't even bother buying it...too many bugs and connection issues that have really turned me off from the game.

*Just because Im his girlfriend doesn't keep me from being a mod ;) had to...rewrite a sentence - Shaak Ti*
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:01:12 PM by SHAAK TI »

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #848 on: March 08, 2010, 12:49:12 AM »
*patpats Vosk*

It seems the PS3 has its own share of issues as well. Though some appear to be pinned to specific games only.

By the way, how are you feeling, Vosk?

Offline jock109

• Force User
« Reply #849 on: March 08, 2010, 01:30:57 AM »

I think even if there's another Call Of Duty game released I won't even bother buying it...too many bugs and connection issues that have really turned me off from the game.

Vosk, i hear you buddy. Although COD MW2 was a good game i feel its too geared towards the online gaming community of which i am not a part. The game was far too easy and far too short. Looks like i might give the Battlefield series a try also.
My Sabers:
MR
Yoda x2, Luke ESB hilt,
Other

Offline Sith_Lord_Shadow

• Master Force User
  • Devastation20X Thats my LIVE Gamertag.
    • Gamers Club
« Reply #850 on: March 12, 2010, 02:33:09 PM »
My computer went on the fritz the other day. I tried to fix it and it literally started smoking and everything! It really made my day suckish.

I was able to fix it though, eventually.

However, I had to fix it again because of this,

** EDIT- The pic is for a joke but what happened is real, but now I have a laptop. **
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 02:35:10 PM by Sith_Lord_Shadow »
FX- Sabers Official ** smashes head into monitor ** Guy.

"Good things happen to good people, but sometimes you just have to wait."

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #851 on: March 12, 2010, 06:06:35 PM »
*patpats Sith Lord Shadow*

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #852 on: March 13, 2010, 08:50:39 AM »
My computer went on the fritz the other day. I tried to fix it and it literally started smoking and everything! It really made my day suckish.

I was able to fix it though, eventually.

However, I had to fix it again because of this,

** EDIT- The pic is for a joke but what happened is real, but now I have a laptop. **

I had that with an old Desktop PC. The monitor was first to go when it literally started smoking and nearly blew up...well it MAY have!

My friend did the same thing in that picture but with a laptop, it wouldn't load a program and so he punched it. Cracked the screen beyond repair and immediately regretted it after...I think he failed his course because of that.

Offline Sith_Lord_Shadow

• Master Force User
  • Devastation20X Thats my LIVE Gamertag.
    • Gamers Club
« Reply #853 on: March 13, 2010, 02:52:14 PM »
My brother did the same thing not too long ago.
FX- Sabers Official ** smashes head into monitor ** Guy.

"Good things happen to good people, but sometimes you just have to wait."

Offline Sol Nexus

• Experienced Force User
  • Well hello there.
    • Sol Nexus Facebook
« Reply #854 on: March 19, 2010, 09:16:02 PM »
Well, I'd like to vent that March 19th marked the 3rd anniversary of ordering a custom saber from "this guy".
Light⋅sa⋅ber [Lahyt-sey-ber]
-noun
1.  When you absolutely, positively need to open a can of wampa juice.

retrousse