fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239281 times)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #735 on: January 15, 2010, 10:39:44 AM »
This is more of a rant than a vent.  However, beginning of the week we upgraded our internet connection to 1.5mbps.  We have QWEST and we also switched our IP's (Internet Provider) from MSN to Orbit Communications as it was cheaper to do so.  Anyways, someone at QWEST royally fudged up because they never sent a work order to Orbit so we could get a user name and password for the connection.  So we were without internet all day yesterday, despite that we had gotten our new stuff from QWEST.  Earlier this morning I called Orbit and got everything straightened out.

It definitely wasn't Orbit's fault as I said...hate when someone fudges up like this.

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
« Reply #736 on: January 15, 2010, 11:06:59 AM »
I also have QWEST and they took forever to get us set up in our new condo. It was supposed to be done by the time we moved in but they decided to do it a week later. I feel your pain.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline JediMasterDracus

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #737 on: January 15, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »
I also don't like it when funeral directors tell me "Hope to see ya soon", after a funeral...

May the Force be with you and be there to guide you in your time of need.

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #738 on: January 15, 2010, 01:21:11 PM »
Man thats a horrible thing for a funeral director to say...like something that would be in a Stephen King book...

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #739 on: January 15, 2010, 04:15:52 PM »
I also don't like it when funeral directors tell me "Hope to see ya soon", after a funeral...

That's just a horrible thing to say, but I suppose it depends on who said it as it could've been a natural reaction. Still, not something you want to hear.

Offline Aurora Skywalker

• Force User
« Reply #740 on: January 15, 2010, 06:26:02 PM »
Sometimes life just sux  ::)

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #741 on: January 15, 2010, 06:34:47 PM »
Sometimes life just sux  ::)

That's why I don't watch the news anymore, British TV News is just so depressing...

The only 'news' I really watch is from the Onion News Network  ;)

Offline JediMasterDracus

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #742 on: January 15, 2010, 08:00:27 PM »

That's why I don't watch the news anymore, British TV News is just so depressing...
[/quote]

Man American News isn't any better.  Either its something really lame wonder if there's nothing going on, of It'll be about something that seems to try really hard to scare you.  Its like their forcing a Idiotic/Fear  balance in the news.  Its funny tho how all the news corps. and broadcasting stations that supply you with any sort of news show is paid and run by the same banking corporations that are apart of the Federal Reserve System. The non-Federal central banking system that controls the countries money supply...   Sounds like something up.   I can't remember who said it but it's an accurate quote...

"Give me control of a nations money supply and I care not who makes its laws." 

May the Force be with you and be there to guide you in your time of need.

Offline Aurora Skywalker

• Force User
« Reply #743 on: January 15, 2010, 08:39:35 PM »
I was talking about my personal life sucking atm  :'(  bah

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #744 on: January 15, 2010, 09:23:53 PM »
*patpats everyone today*

Was it the mentioning of Donald Trump + Bad Toupe which helped you connect the dots?  :D I'm just poking fun at Trump and such things as Trump Ice Cream and Donald Trump the Action Figure (with 5 real speaking phrases!).

It was a wild guess. I only know of one show with Donald Trump in it.  :P

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:05:54 PM by Dearth Breather »

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #745 on: January 15, 2010, 11:01:44 PM »
I was talking about my personal life sucking atm  :'(  bah

I got that, obviously my part about the news didn't really connect as well. Sorry.
I hope your situation will get better soon.
------

I'm pretty darn frustrated and annoyed with two of my friends right now. I try to speak to someone about it and I get "you're a guy, why you acting like a little girl?" from a FAMILY member to! Am I wrong in saying that guys can't get annoyed over something as two of your friends ignoring you? Grrrrrrrr >:(

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #746 on: January 15, 2010, 11:11:02 PM »
Funny how the people who knows us best tend to hurt us most.  Maybe it's because they know all the right (and wrong) buttons to press...

Oh, well. *patpats anyway*

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #747 on: January 15, 2010, 11:13:49 PM »
I appreciate the pat-pat, but let's be realistic as my deal isn't really life altering just annoying...quite annoying. I'll bea...I mean talk to them later... :D

Still, thanks for the concern.

Offline Hon_Rev

• Master Force User
  • Drama free since '08
« Reply #748 on: January 16, 2010, 05:58:38 AM »
My turn!!! >:( >:( >:(

ok gotta vent for a minute....gonna start at the beginning!

Well not the very beginning but anyway...We have this horrible single lady next door with a son that brought a dog home after x-mas to live outside...in COLORADO. She is a mean lady that hates dogs and cats and has yelled at me several times for letting my dog lay in MY yard and scaring her. Well since christmas my GF has been crying everytime we look out our kitchen window to see this old Labrador sitting out in the snow all day under a canvas tarp and a heating pad. We didnt call animal control because we thought we were the only people who could see the dog and knew she would make our lives not nice, plus Im a Rasta and RASTA DONT SNITCH! This is the moral of my story! So we went along putting up with seeing this old dog weathering 30 degree days and negitive nights...oh and the dog is tied to a leash and can only move about three feet from his bed, the kid comes out and shovels the soiled snow over the fence. So when we give our dog a cookie my GF would hope the fence and give the old dog one too, as long as no one was looking. On this day the dog was out of water too so we filled it up! Now Im finally getting to my story.

My GF's parents came into town yesterday to spent the weekend with us, oh yea now it gets juicy you know its always juicy when the inlaws are around!! So right as they pull up and park, she pulls up behind them. We both knew she would be upset that they snagged her spot so we were already to a bad start. They as my GF is walking to help them unload there stuff she says,"Hi." The lady next door spun around and her door and said, " Mind your buisness!" to put it nicely and seasoned it with plenty cuss words that I dont even want to try to say! I was inside and didnt find out til she was locked in her hole. That started off the weekend very bad with my GF crying, weird vibes, and I could not understand why she would cuss her out for just giving her dog water!

So we go about our night playing wii and going out to dinner and the brewpub. When we got home I noticed she was not home yet and went on the visual from my chair for my moment of confrontation! She came about ten minutes later. I went out on the porch before she could walk up and asked her why she thinks its alright to cuss out someone for giving water to your dog? She said I called the cops on her...wow that makes a little more since but I still didnt call the cops so now Im really vex! I told her three or four times looking her straight in the eyes that I DONT call the cops! Unless someone is hurt. She started to tell me that I was wrong for crossing the fence, witch she is right and I tryed to tell my GF not to but the dog! Then I told her its not right for a grown woman to talk that way to someone and how would she feel if her son had to live next to someone like her. She turned away and started to close the door when I called her a bad name...I know...she got me to stoop to her level. I slept on it...kinda...and still dont feel that bad about what I said. Im still going to tell her she owes my GF an apology and that we didnt call the cops! I feel like calling now though and then telling her, "You got a second complaint? Good! That time it was me who called the cops!" Still wont do it though! Such a bummer. On a positive note a saw her bring home empty boxes and think they are moving out!

Whoa what a vent! I almost came on last night at one in the morning when I was still fuming but the inlaws got up at six on the dot with the light and coffee and I had already been laying in bed since five trying to go back to sleep and not think about it so I guess I might as well be productive and vent my frustations! Ahhhhh thank you thread! And thank you to anyone reading this that has advice for me. I will post an update after the next confrontation.
*reads through post to make sure there are no cuss words*
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 06:01:19 AM by Hon_Rev »

"the undisputed bling master." Darth Inferis
REGAL JEDI by Hon_Rev

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #749 on: January 16, 2010, 07:27:27 AM »
I'm glad your gf jumped the fence, especially with the empty water bowl, tieing a dog up all day in the back is cruel heatpad/tarp or not.

If the animal sits there all day and rarely gets any exercise then you should call an animal shelter who are within the law and can say officiallly if the dog is being treated properly.

The situation with your actual neighbour is a little more different as I personally would ignore her. We had someone like your neighbour on our street and she got ordered to move because she was a nuisance (throwing pain stripper on a car for example). Because arguing with her is going to make matters worse (even if she is totally asking for it).

So, really my advice is to watch out for that dog and really to just ignore your neighbour. I know it sounds like your fdoing nothing at all, but if your neighbour is simply running her mouth then swearing back at her will just make you as bad as her. If she verbally attacks you then just put her in her place but be cool about it.

Hopefully my advice is worth something, hope your neighbour moves to the mountains as it seems that's the only place she'll be happy.

retrousse