fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239285 times)

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #660 on: January 05, 2010, 09:38:14 AM »
I'm going slightly mad awaiting exam results! I really hope I pass theory,if not I have to redo my presentation in front of my three tutors.... :o

Offline Aurora Skywalker

• Force User
« Reply #661 on: January 05, 2010, 11:53:31 AM »
I'm going slightly mad awaiting exam results! I really hope I pass theory,if not I have to redo my presentation in front of my three tutors.... :o

Good Luck!!!

Offline General Kota

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as R2-Q5
« Reply #662 on: January 05, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
I have a cold . :( :(

General Kota's
        Sabers
---------------------------
- Larbel
    Larbel Qui Gon Jinn non el ready with a PC-U and a crystal chamber   (finished machining)
-JQSABERS
    Luke Hero V2 custom (In building process)
 - Planing stage
    Nothing :)

Offline Torinn Zoler

• Formerly known as Ben Skywalker
  • Master Force User
  • I ain't seen it all, but I've sure seen alot of it
« Reply #663 on: January 05, 2010, 06:23:10 PM »
Do any of you think a lightsaber duel is too "violent"? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

"Turning the whole world Luxeon-lit, one shattered lightbulb at a time."

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #664 on: January 05, 2010, 06:25:02 PM »
Do any of you think a lightsaber duel is too "violent"? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

:D

Depends if you're whacking the guy in the head for real ;D

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #665 on: January 05, 2010, 06:33:44 PM »

Good Luck!!!

Thanks!

I'm going to take a guess and say that someone had a go at either you or FX Lightsabers in general?

But, no they aren't violent, it's the idiots who use them to attack people who are violent.

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #666 on: January 05, 2010, 06:35:39 PM »

*patpats* Hang in there!

I have a cold . :( :(

*patpats too* Take plenty of fluids and Vitamin C. Hot chicken soup helps, too. :)

Offline Torinn Zoler

• Master Force User
« Reply #667 on: January 05, 2010, 06:38:11 PM »

Good Luck!!!

Thanks!

I'm going to take a guess and say that someone had a go at either you or FX Lightsabers in general?

But, no they aren't violent, it's the idiots who use them to attack people who are violent.

Well, sort of. Any of you remember that audition I talked about a week or so back? It was today (and I'm sure you've all figured out what me and my friend did). We did everything perfectly, and they liked it, but they said we had to take out all the "VIOLENT" stuff in it (blades clashing, occasional meleeing, etc.) >:( >:( >:( >:( :'(

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #668 on: January 05, 2010, 06:42:57 PM »
nope,
on its most innocent level, it teaches the use of imagination, promotes interactivity and harbors excercise, (often lacking in kids these days).
On a higher level, it teaches eye/hand co-ordination, balance and if done correctly, can make martial arts training a little more fun.

If rules are set and adhered too, it can also help teach teamwork and safe "playing around".

People often see toys lightsabers, nerf guns, etc, etc as violent or unsafe for kids. This is a myopic view. Fact is, these toys serve to let there imaginiations run wild and escape the realities of life. It is PLAY! It is a toy!
Parents can set guidelines for their children to limit RP or ensure the "fighting/pretending doesnt get too outta hand.

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #669 on: January 05, 2010, 06:47:18 PM »

Good Luck!!!

Thanks!

Well, sort of. Any of you remember that audition I talked about a week or so back? It was today (and I'm sure you've all figured out what me and my friend did). We did everything perfectly, and they liked it, but they said we had to take out all the "VIOLENT" stuff in it (blades clashing, occasional meleeing, etc.) >:( >:( >:( >:( :'(

Who is their target audience? 5 year olds? Even younger children are rough with one another! Well I know I was. What did they want you to do? Just swing them around all flashy and do nothing at all?

Offline Torinn Zoler

• Master Force User
« Reply #670 on: January 05, 2010, 06:59:36 PM »

Good Luck!!!

Thanks!

Who is their target audience? 5 year olds? Even younger children are rough with one another! Well I know I was. What did they want you to do? Just swing them around all flashy and do nothing at all?

The audience will be around 5-14 year-olds, and yes, they want us to take our pretty much all the dueling taken out and replaced with a sort of dancy, spinning act. >:(

Offline Master Dai Bendu

• Master Force User
« Reply #671 on: January 05, 2010, 07:07:31 PM »
Sorry to hear that Ben.

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #672 on: January 05, 2010, 07:11:28 PM »
Well, while I can udnerstand from a Producer's standpoint why they would tone down any physical contact, to appease parents for one. But, it returns to that age old argument of what is/isn't violent or negatively affecting the viewers.

If the kids watching whatever you auditioned for watch the clone wars or anything star wars related, they would likely expect to see some rough housing and actual saber play. To take it out would, as you said, turn it into a choreographed dance off. Censorship is being abused to protect those who don't need protecting.

I understand there are times when it is needed and I'm fine with that, but it's taken to extremes all too often.

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #673 on: January 05, 2010, 07:13:43 PM »
Any of you remember that audition I talked about a week or so back? It was today (and I'm sure you've all figured out what me and my friend did). We did everything perfectly, and they liked it, but they said we had to take out all the "VIOLENT" stuff in it (blades clashing, occasional meleeing, etc.) >:( >:( >:( >:( :'(

I remember. Sorry to hear that they didn't like the "violent stuff." Clients can be annoying like that. *patpats*

Nevertheless, I'm sure that if you were to showcase your talents here, you'd get a standing ovation. :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:20:31 PM by Dearth Breather »

Offline Torinn Zoler

• Master Force User
« Reply #674 on: January 05, 2010, 07:16:03 PM »
Any of you remember that audition I talked about a week or so back? It was today (and I'm sure you've all figured out what me and my friend did). We did everything perfectly, and they liked it, but they said we had to take out all the "VIOLENT" stuff in it (blades clashing, occasional meleeing, etc.) >:( >:( >:( >:( :'(

I remember. Sorry to hear that they didn't like the "violent stuff." Clients can be irritating like that. *patpats*

Nevertheless, I'm sure that if you were to showcase your talents here, you'd get a standing ovation. :)

I'm sure I would. Thanks. :)
What really irritates me is the fact that most of the other acts involve some sort of singing or dancing already. They're taking all the fun out of saberplay!!!!! :'(

retrousse