fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239552 times)

Offline jock109

• Force User
  • It's a great life if you don't weaken.
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #540 on: December 04, 2009, 03:15:27 PM »
My PS3 bit the dust today with more than a bit of coincidental timing. Right after a firmware update it stops reading BlueRay discs and games and some tech guy says its due to the fact that the newer versions of firmware detect problems with components earlier, before they become 'catastrophic' and then charged me 128 of my hard earned pounds to replace it with a reconditioned PS3. Looking around forums etc for info its apparent this is widespread with firmware being the prime suspect in the case of the freaked out consoles! Don't get my replacement until Tuesday when i'm on a survival course then back offshore Wednesday. Looks like Dundee United will have to wait another 3 weeks to win the champions league!! (football.............. sorry soccer for all you pilgrims  ;))

edited for content ~ Chewbacca
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:29:05 AM by jock109 »
My Sabers:
MR
Anakin AOTC x2, Luke ROTJ (EL), Vader ANH (1st), Mace Windu AOTC x2,
Luke ESB, Vader ESB, Anakin ROTS, Obi Wan ROTS x2,
Luke ROTJ (LED), Darth Maul (Single) x2, Vader ANH, Luke ANH,
Yoda x2, Luke ESB hilt,
Other
Obi Wan AFBB Prop hilt, JQ stunt saber x2

Offline DarthYoda

• Experienced Force User
    • Phantom Files
« Reply #541 on: December 04, 2009, 06:31:43 PM »
My PS3 bit the dust today with more than a bit of coincidental timing. Right after a firmware update it stops reading BlueRay discs and games and some tech guy says its due to the fact that the newer versions of firmware detect problems with components earlier, before they become 'catastrophic' and then charged me 128 of my hard earned pounds to replace it with a reconditioned PS3. Looking around forums etc for info its apparent this is widespread with firmware being the prime suspect in the case of the messed up consoles! Don't get my replacement until Tuesday when i'm on a survival course then back offshore Wednesday. Looks like Dundee United will have to wait another 3 weeks to win the champions league!! (football.............. sorry soccer for all you pilgrims  ;))

edited for content ~ Chewbacca

OMG! Makes me not want to update! I feel your pain! I don't know what I would if that happened to me.

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #542 on: December 04, 2009, 07:58:24 PM »
*patpats jock and everyone*

I see. I thought the XBox 360 was the only one with (RROD) problems. It appears the PS3 has its own issues as well. >_<

Offline jock109

• Force User
  • It's a great life if you don't weaken.
« Reply #543 on: December 05, 2009, 03:15:19 AM »
Dismayed by people getting all serious and their head's disappearing up there own rectums because someone might have overlooked the rule about not substituting profanity with xxx's, granted not for the 1st time lol. But it is a vent thread after all. Also don't appreciate being messaged as if i was a school child for my oversight. People have to remember they are moderators of a forum not head teachers or MI6. Maybe if its a vent thread it wouldn't be crime of the millenium to rate it as 15?
My Sabers:
MR
Anakin AOTC x2, Luke ROTJ (EL), Vader ANH (1st), Mace Windu AOTC x2,
Luke ESB, Vader ESB, Anakin ROTS, Obi Wan ROTS x2,
Luke ROTJ (LED), Darth Maul (Single) x2, Vader ANH, Luke ANH,
Yoda x2, Luke ESB hilt,
Other
Obi Wan AFBB Prop hilt, JQ stunt saber x2

Offline General Kota

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as R2-Q5
« Reply #544 on: December 05, 2009, 05:19:00 AM »
well are moving out of are hose so we can have ore ground level floor's refinished on Monday. :(
It is raining/snowing out side. :( :) :( :) :( :( :(

now it is snowing out side :) :) :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 05:24:03 AM by R2-Q5 »

General Kota's
        Sabers
---------------------------
- Larbel
    Larbel Qui Gon Jinn non el ready with a PC-U and a crystal chamber   (finished machining)
-JQSABERS
    Luke Hero V2 custom (In building process)
 - Planing stage
    Nothing :)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #545 on: December 05, 2009, 08:27:12 AM »
Dismayed by people getting all serious and their head's disappearing up there own rectums because someone might have overlooked the rule about not substituting profanity with xxx's, granted not for the 1st time lol. But it is a vent thread after all. Also don't appreciate being messaged as if i was a school child for my oversight. People have to remember they are moderators of a forum not head teachers or MI6. Maybe if its a vent thread it wouldn't be crime of the millenium to rate it as 15?

uh-huh.
Well, ...when u have to tell the same people over and over to stop, I'm not sure what else you'd expect.
No Mod WANTS to shoot off PMs reminding members to watch their language. We promote over and over and over that this a family friendly site. The mod team has a lot of things to do, and our least favorite is enforcing the rules and sending messages reminding members that there is a set of guidelines which will be adhered too.

Cursing, symbolizing cursing, and circumventing the swear filter is prohibited. It is not debatable.
We dont want lil' 9 year old johnny telling his parents he learned such and such from FX. It's not the rep we want this site to have.

ALL THREADS share this rule, even this one.

It's not like u have thousands of posts to your name and something accidentally slips out on occasion. You have 28 dude. I'd think following the simple rule of not cursing is not that hard of an accomplishment.

Forum rule: Don't curse
member: OK, no biggie

end of story.

granted not for the 1st time lol.

nothing "lol-ish" about that. You dont want a PM from a mod reminding u of the rules, then stop breaking the same rule.

Maybe if its a vent thread it wouldn't be crime of the millenium to rate it as 15?

no, all threads on FX will adhere to the profanity rule.
Do we always catch them, ....no. But when we do, we edit and send a PM reminding the parties involved to adhere to the rules.

The PM you were sent  simply stated it appears we have had this conversation with you before and u should revisit the rules, get over it.
The only people I have to tell things over and over to are kids, ....so if u dont wanna be treated like a kid, then simply follow the simple rules that are in place.

Since it seems that this particular thread just makes people WANT to circumvent the swear filter, then the next time it happens, perhaps we should lock it down for a few days and give it a cooling off period.

I also see you have not yet signed the rules and regulations, .....as requested in the apparently offending PM, it is time you read them and post your acknowledgment.

Here's the link:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10747.0

Things like little recommendations and warnings from Mods are preferred to be handle "behind the scenes". No one wants to "air their issues" openly. Posting your "stress" about our correspondence was somewhat uncalled for.

It boils down to this:
Don't get mad/stressed if you receive a PM in regards to a rule we enforce. If you dont want the PM, watch what you post.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:11:08 AM by CHEWBACCA »

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #546 on: December 05, 2009, 08:43:02 AM »

If you disagree with something anyone says to you in a PM, respond to it in a PM. If you don't feel that you can comfortably respond to the person who sent you the offending PM, bring it up to a 3rd party Moderator or an Arbitor.  Arbitors, Han Solo, Obi Won Kenobi, and Luke Skywalker, are specifically tasked with being objective 3rd parties in resolving issues among members on the boards.  Honestly, how mature is it that you'd rather complain about something someone said to you - essentially talking behind someone's back - than discussing this with the person involved directly.

While the PM was short and direct, it was not offensive.  What bothers me is that it was a private communication, and should have stayed as such.  We actually encourage communication with our members about things they disagree with us on, but it should have stayed behind closed doors. 

In the interest of maintaining transparency between the Moderators and the members of this forum, here is the offending PM that was sent to Jock109:

Sent Jock109 this:

I seem to recall you already being warned of "language" on the forums.
Using x's to represent a curse word is not allowed.

I have edited your post here:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15737.msg321816;topicseen#msg321816

I suggest you go back and read the rules.

Chewbacca

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:29:02 AM by BARRISS OFFEE »

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #547 on: December 05, 2009, 11:07:16 AM »
Well I finally got a day off, but wasn't supposed to be. Dealing yesterday and today with some complications with m IBS. Haven't been feeling well at all and would rather be feeling better and working than this.

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #548 on: December 05, 2009, 12:30:19 PM »
Dang, DG so sorry.  Good friend of mine has IBS, and it's no joke.

Hope you feel better soon!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Kel-Qui
    • My "crazybrittishninja" YouTube Channel
« Reply #549 on: December 05, 2009, 01:41:55 PM »
forgive me for maybe being thick but what is IBS  ???

My Sabers
Spirit - Custom build by JQ Sabers
MR Luke ESB
MR Anakin ROTS <signed by Dave Prowse
Stunt saber no electronics
1 Half of the Twin Dragon - MHS custom build by me

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #550 on: December 05, 2009, 01:43:12 PM »

Irritated Bowel Syndrome. It's a medical condition characterized by extreme intestinal pain/discomfort in relation to bowel movements. Very uncomfortable and pretty painful, as well as incredibly annoying. DG, you have my sympathy :-\.

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #551 on: December 05, 2009, 01:53:06 PM »
Hello.  I'm Luke Skywalker and I too suffer from IBS.  Irritable Bowel Syndrome.  :D

It is a terrible disease with no cure.  In a nutshell your colon spazzes out.  There are triggers that can cause a bout.  Lack of sleep, stress, poor eating habits and trigger foods can cause an episode.  Nutrasweet, soda, ice cold drinks, dark leafy greens like spinach, fatty foods like icecream and McDonalds or other fast foods.

A bout can cause Diarrhea or constipation, severe and I mean severe abdominal cramping.  Cramps are similar to childbirth.  Some people can actually pass out from the pain.

I hate IBS.  It can be very life limiting for some of us.  :'(
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:56:35 PM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Kel-Qui
    • My "crazybrittishninja" YouTube Channel
« Reply #552 on: December 05, 2009, 01:54:34 PM »

Irritated Bowel Syndrome. It's a medical condition characterized by extreme intestinal pain/discomfort in relation to bowel movements. Very uncomfortable and pretty painful, as well as incredibly annoying. DG, you have my sympathy :-\.

AH! I thought that is was somthing along those lines, I hope that you feel better soon as that ain't good and you have my sympathy to, and to anyone else that suffers from this my sympathy goes to them as well
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:57:56 PM by Kel-Qui »

My Sabers
Spirit - Custom build by JQ Sabers
MR Luke ESB
MR Anakin ROTS <signed by Dave Prowse
Stunt saber no electronics
1 Half of the Twin Dragon - MHS custom build by me

Offline DarthYoda

• Experienced Force User
    • Phantom Files
« Reply #553 on: December 05, 2009, 02:38:42 PM »
Well I finally got a day off, but wasn't supposed to be. Dealing yesterday and today with some complications with m IBS. Haven't been feeling well at all and would rather be feeling better and working than this.

I feel your pain. Mine set off today as well. I feel soo drained and feels like my insides where beat up. Doesn't happen often as it once did cause I changed my diet. I slipped up yesterday.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #554 on: December 05, 2009, 07:02:55 PM »
 :P

ahhh Luke are you sure that's what you've got?I was told by my doctor that's what I had;untill,around three years later found out by a kidney doctor that I had a huge kidney stone!!Yes that pain that I had here and there was the stone moving. :P :P

retrousse