fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239298 times)

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #525 on: December 04, 2009, 01:54:42 AM »
I really wish that all that work was considered overtime. In the long run of things when you equate out the pay to the number of hours worked its not nearly a good as it looks. Salaried jobs can really bite.

Offline Vektor

• Master Force User
  • That other Finnish guy
    • My Elegant Weapons
« Reply #526 on: December 04, 2009, 01:56:57 AM »
Oh bugger... What started as a simple periodic car maintenance and routine brake repair, now my wife's car final service bill has reached $2100 total... And I just did an expensive repair (periodic maintenance + particle filter swap) on my own car last August, which was also about $2200 at current exchange rate! :(

Now, how many cool custom sabers could I have bought with that money?!? :'(

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #527 on: December 04, 2009, 02:05:20 AM »
Ouch, car repairs add up in a hurry and always when your not expecting it.

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Kel-Qui
    • My "crazybrittishninja" YouTube Channel
« Reply #528 on: December 04, 2009, 02:07:02 AM »
I really wish that all that work was considered overtime. In the long run of things when you equate out the pay to the number of hours worked its not nearly a good as it looks. Salaried jobs can really bite.

outch! that must realy hert when you work all those hours and then get your pay slip, that's way I stopped persueing the management route well at least until the econamy is sorted out.

Oh bugger... What started as a simple periodic car maintenance and routine brake repair, now my wife's car final service bill has reached $2100 total... And I just did an expensive repair (periodic maintenance + particle filter swap) on my own car last August, which was also about $2200 at current exchange rate! :(

Now, how many cool custom sabers could I have bought with that money?!? :'(

we have a saying in the UK for this which is called SODS LAW and it happens to me a lot

My Sabers
Spirit - Custom build by JQ Sabers
MR Luke ESB
MR Anakin ROTS <signed by Dave Prowse
Stunt saber no electronics
1 Half of the Twin Dragon - MHS custom build by me

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #529 on: December 04, 2009, 05:02:59 AM »
*patpats* Hang in there, people. I'm praying for ya. :)

I used to work in a corporate setting, too. Well, until they kicked me out, that is. ^^;

Anyway, I just remembered an energy therapy technique I learned. Might as well post it here.

Whenever you feel stressed or anxious, try this: locate the middle of your collar bone, move three notches/inches down from there, then move three notches/inches again to the side (both sides).

You'll know you're hitting the right spots if they hurt a little when you depress them. Cross your arms and tap these spots until you feel better. Breathe deeply while you do so. :)

Hope that helped!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:06:52 AM by Dearth Breather »

Offline Aurora Skywalker

• Force User
« Reply #530 on: December 04, 2009, 08:12:56 AM »
&feature=related

HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA This makes me laugh!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My suggestion for feeling better..... watch some funny videos!  ;D ;D ;D

The one above + the one below!  ;D

P.S.  My voice atm sounds like a boy going through puberty O.o  When I cough, it sounds like Vader's helmet is on the fritz again ...can't wait to feel better and get my voice back!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 10:07:31 AM by Aurora Skywalker »

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #531 on: December 04, 2009, 12:18:42 PM »
some people consider that raspy voice sexy on a woman you know!

I'm not really venting, but my company is big into giving back to the community, and we're doing all sorts of fundraisers and toy drives and what not.  Problem is, with all the cutbacks and stuff, I can't afford to be nearly as generous as I was last year.  Last year I bought toys for 4 children, gave to the food pantry, donated supplies to the local school that we sponsor, bought TONS of hats and gloves and scarves for the coat drive, and gave out oodles of money.

This year I donated my time and gave $5.

It's a frustrating feeling not being able to give back to my community.  They were there for me and Li'l Sis when we needed it, I feel like I'm letting them down.   :-\

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #532 on: December 04, 2009, 12:36:09 PM »
Aaarrrgh! What the shablah is a Domain Name Server, why does my laptop say there may be a problem with the config...and why cant I log onto campus wifi?!
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
« Reply #533 on: December 04, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »
Why do I work with such utter numptys!  >:( they have worked there longer than I have but I end up having to tell them what to do because they are to THICK to work out for them selves what they have to do or they are just BEEP lazy and decide that they have done enough and have the cheek to say to me "I'll leave you to it". I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK TO THE MAIN FACTORY EVEN IF THE MORAL IS ON A REAL LOW IT'S GOT TO BE BETTER THAN BEING TAKEN THE BEEP OUT OF. It's bad enough that we don't realy know where we stand with the future of our jobs without having BEEP BEEP to make you feel even worse at work  >:(

My Sabers
MR Luke ESB

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
« Reply #534 on: December 04, 2009, 01:51:52 PM »
Kel, I applaud your use of the word "numpty"! I havent heard that for a loooooong time. Sorry that work sucks for you right now but you kinda made my day with that one word. So thanks.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #535 on: December 04, 2009, 02:03:19 PM »
Aaarrrgh! What the shablah is a Domain Name Server, why does my laptop say there may be a problem with the config...and why cant I log onto campus wifi?!

That would be DNS Shaak TI. If your configuration is static and setup incorrectly you won't be able to resolve any names to IP addresses. If you are setup dynamically it should come over when you connect to the network. If its not then that would be on the IT staff there to fix that issue for you.

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
« Reply #536 on: December 04, 2009, 02:09:46 PM »
Kel, I applaud your use of the word "numpty"! I havent heard that for a loooooong time. Sorry that work sucks for you right now but you kinda made my day with that one word. So thanks.

I'm glad you liked my wording, I tend to use that word a lot at work as the word that I want to use I can't due to a certain person will report anyone that uses it. There is a word that a few of us came up with for stupid people at work "TARDS" I think you can guess what it is short for, we made this word so that we wern't insulting people with that condition (well hopefuly we arn't) LOL

My Sabers
MR Luke ESB

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #537 on: December 04, 2009, 02:21:26 PM »
Guis, that's basically what Chewy said when I asked him. I sent an email to the college techs about the issue. Hopefully they can tell me what's up so I can use my comp next week instead of a library comp like I had to today *sighs*
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #538 on: December 04, 2009, 02:33:34 PM »
Today, after a year of good use, my Dremel dies. Sucks. Had to buy a new one.

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #539 on: December 04, 2009, 02:44:53 PM »
Alas poor Dremel! We knew him well!   :'(

We will say nice things about him, FB...

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

retrousse