fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239666 times)

Offline Aurora Skywalker

• Force User
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #420 on: November 03, 2009, 11:32:14 PM »
LOL ...... You guys are FUNNY..... I think my favorite part tho was.....

sorry man, but S I T H happens.

HAHAHA  ;D ;D ;D

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #421 on: November 03, 2009, 11:32:14 PM »
Rant: I woke with a sore throat 2 days ago and now I have a shabla stuffy nose and still coughing. I HATE beong sick! It drives me crazy and I drive people crazy with my complaining about it. Oy! Oh qand right this verty moment...*tries to pop ears...unsuccessfully* Im headed home...from 1000ft to 1300ft in elevation. Ouch! :-/
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #422 on: November 04, 2009, 01:33:45 AM »
To ANYONE who gets sick this winter KEEP CLOSE WATCH ON YOUR TEMPERATURE...if it goes above 103 F go to Hospital IMMEDIATELY...I have a friend whose temperature 'spiked' very rapidly to 107 - which is the razors edge of certain death anything above is fatal - and it turned out to be the pandemic A H1N1 'Mexican' swine flu...he very nearly died with little warning and was very lucky he got to the ER while his temperature was still 104.

I'm not saying to be 'panicky' just take your temperature OFTEN if sick. Especially if flu-like symptoms....this pandemic flu strain is still 'mild' to many people but if it can take down a relatively young healthy athletic Wing Chun master that hard and that fast it's nothing to take lightly either.

Hope you get well SOON Shaak Ti
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Jedi K-man

• Force User
  • I travel in the footsteps of the force...
« Reply #423 on: November 04, 2009, 07:03:27 AM »
I hate that the mass production of Crystal focus boards is too expensive to make them available to everyone who wants them.  That would make the sabers that include them more affordable as well.  (Shelling out a grand for a lightsaber is not realistic for my modest budget at this point in time, neither is spending $300.00 for an extra board just because they are scarce.)  No offense intended for those who either make those fantastic sabers, or possess the  cash to buy them. 

Another rant is that I would just like to finish off my saber project of 13 years once and for all with a crystal focus board.

Yes, get well to all those who are sick... I woke up with a sore throat this morning, gargling saline will help with the swelling, and my main squeeze is sick as well.  Monitoring us both very closely, everyone who can, please get immunized, I've started seeing the public service announcements on TV.  I'm sure i will get it, there is quite a large outbreak of H1N1 in Las Vegas. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:08:18 AM by Jedi K-man »

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #424 on: November 04, 2009, 07:23:00 AM »
I hate that the mass production of Crystal focus boards is too expensive to make them available to everyone who wants them.  That would make the sabers that include them more affordable as well.  (Shelling out a grand for a lightsaber is not realistic for my modest budget at this point in time, neither is spending $300.00 for an extra board just because they are scarce.)  No offense intended for those who either make those fantastic sabers, or possess the  cash to buy them. 

Another rant is that I would just like to finish off my saber project of 13 years once and for all with a crystal focus board.

Yes, get well to all those who are sick... I woke up with a sore throat this morning, gargling saline will help with the swelling, and my main squeeze is sick as well.  Monitoring us both very closely, everyone who can, please get immunized, I've started seeing the public service announcements on TV.  I'm sure i will get it, there is quite a large outbreak of H1N1 in Las Vegas. 

A point I'd like to make on your rant. It's not just the "board" that you are looking at when you see a CF equipped saber sell for $1k +. Its also the time, sweat and SKILL it takes to PROPERLY install and configure one. There are many of us smiths like the Gemini boys, LDM, and Master Qui Gon that could put together an FX powered saber with blinkies in under an hour. However, when you have several extra fun and cool things that the CF can do, and all the wiring that goes into it, then testing the SD card configs, taking it back out and adjusting the swing/clash sensitivities or the blade flicker/pulse, or making a new LED.text file. Not to mention building a suitable chassis/sled to house and protect the CF and all of the 5 miles of wire that go to said extra fun stuff. A lot of people who have never installed a CF always discount what actually goes into maximizing this board or even just doing a basic install of one. It's time intensive to get it all right. How much is someone's time worth?

I can understand the frustration of not being able to get one, however that's not a good enough reason to want to pressure their maker into handing over his baby to some nameless hack manufaturer to pump out mass produced and poorly made bug ridden shadows of the real thing. How well or quick do you think we would have gotten from V4 to V4.3 if a manufacturer had its greedy number minded paws on it? Not very fast, so then we're dealing with having to do upgrades and send offs..........blah blah blah......

Like a good friend said once: "Being able to get a CF is a right of passage in this hobby" (psst, thats the General ;))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 08:03:32 AM by FenderBender »

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #425 on: November 04, 2009, 07:46:47 AM »
Apparently I had the shortest case of Swine Flu on history.....yesterday I was running a 100 - 101 F fever, was bed-ridden for most of the day with an extremely painful headache as well as a runny nose, dry cough and chest pressure (including shortness of breath). A nurse confirmed it was the Swine Flu and told me to drink as much Gatorade as I could get in me....1/2 a gallon of Gatorade and 1 Gallon of Lemonade later, I feel fine ::).

24 Hour Swine Flu, anyone? ;D

@Onli-Wan: Good advice. When you reach 104-105 F, your brain literally begins to overheat. The Swine Flu doesn't kill by the infection, it tends to kill due to the immune response to it, it overwhelms your body. That's why keeping an eye on your temperature is so important, if you're reaching high temperatures, that's your immune system responding drastically to the Swine Flu, and that's how it kills people.

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline The Rebel

• Formerly known as Kyuubi
  • Master Force User
  • Rebel by nature, comedian by choice.
« Reply #426 on: November 04, 2009, 08:29:36 AM »
Apparently I had the shortest case of Swine Flu on history.....yesterday I was running a 100 - 101 F fever, was bed-ridden for most of the day with an extremely painful headache as well as a runny nose, dry cough and chest pressure (including shortness of breath). A nurse confirmed it was the Swine Flu and told me to drink as much Gatorade as I could get in me....1/2 a gallon of Gatorade and 1 Gallon of Lemonade later, I feel fine ::).

@Onli-Wan: Good advice. When you reach 104-105 F, your brain literally begins to overheat. The Swine Flu doesn't kill by the infection, it tends to kill due to the immune response to it, it overwhelms your body. That's why keeping an eye on your temperature is so important, if you're reaching high temperatures, that's your immune system responding drastically to the Swine Flu, and that's how it kills people.

Glad you got better, brotha. Can't have our official designer out sick! High temperature fevers cause brain damage, which is why Swine is considered so dangerous. Even if it doesn't kill you, it can mess you up pretty badly.

I've had a few friends that caught Swine flu, but they didn't get over it in a day. :D But I smell donuts... Time to go breakfast hunting...

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #427 on: November 04, 2009, 09:25:08 AM »

Be careful man... That fever coming and going is one of the symptoms... You feel better think it's gone and it hits you again....   

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline DarthYoda

• Experienced Force User
    • Phantom Files
« Reply #428 on: November 04, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »
I am very worried about my daughter. She has been running a temp since Sunday. I thought it broke and sent her to school. The nurse called me a little after 1 pm to pick her up and said she had a temp of 101. Her mother has her now, which scares me even more because I know how neglectful she can be. I made her mother call the doctor and the doctor said (no more monkies jumping on the bed pun ok?) to have her stay home, take 2 baths a day, wash hands a lot, and use child's motrin and tylanol. Now, I don't know about you all, but that seemed really odd. They didn't even want her to come in to be seen! What if it is nuemonia or something else? I am sooo mad right now I don't know if I want to cry or punch a hole in that doctor's head! They said not to worrie about anything unless the fever hit 104! Look, this fever has been coming and going (possibly cause of the fever reducers) since SUNDAY! I haven't had a problem breaking a fever, with her, since she was three; she is now eight. If there is anyone out there that will help me pray for this fever to break, it would be much appreciated. I am at my wits ends now.

Offline Torinn Zoler

• Formerly known as Ben Skywalker
  • Master Force User
  • I ain't seen it all, but I've sure seen alot of it
« Reply #429 on: November 04, 2009, 03:42:15 PM »
Don't worry. :) I remember a few weeks back, my sister had the exact same problem for a week. Even after she started going back to school, she wasn't quite 100%, but she eventually got over it completely. I don't think you need to worry TOO much; just keep an eye on her.  ;)

"Turning the whole world Luxeon-lit, one shattered lightbulb at a time."

Offline Aurora Skywalker

• Force User
« Reply #430 on: November 04, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »
I am praying for her!!!  I do agree tho that you shouldn't have to worry too much now.... 101 is much better than the 103 a few days ago.... this flu has been known to cause the fever to come back, but it seems that she is getting better and should be over it soon.  I just wish you had her right now instead of her mother.  Seriously tho...it is better that you had her for the last few days when she was at the worst of it.

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #431 on: November 04, 2009, 04:53:20 PM »
DY, send me a PM with the symptoms and I'll see if I can help you out.

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline DarthYoda

• Experienced Force User
    • Phantom Files
« Reply #432 on: November 05, 2009, 05:45:28 PM »
Work had me get the H1N1 shot and now I feel like I got hit by something! UGH!

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #433 on: November 05, 2009, 07:23:32 PM »
Icky, that stinks! Ive a cold now with the whole right side from shoulder to toop of head. Its making one of my teeth hurt... :-/ Ugh. It isnt the infamous swine flu since my temp hasnt risen over 100. I probably already had it imho
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Aurora Skywalker

• Force User
« Reply #434 on: November 08, 2009, 02:03:43 PM »
Had a VERY bad night last night...  :(  The guy I was seeing was cheating on me!  >:(   I am VERY ANGRY!!!   >:(  It is hard when you still love someone who has hurt you so badly.  :'(

retrousse