fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239636 times)

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #390 on: October 10, 2009, 09:40:17 PM »
I dont have to work tomorrow, but starting Monday I work ever day clear into next month 12 hours minimum each day. Really dreading it and rather unhappy about the whole thing.

Offline Aelde Renn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #391 on: October 11, 2009, 06:08:39 AM »
As long as you aren't in a salary position, you should be getting mad OT!  Think of the sabers you can buy!  LOL  Sorry, not trying to make light of your situation, but it's in my nature to try and find some positive in each situation I face, lotsa luck!

Anything worth doing is worth doing right; anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #392 on: October 11, 2009, 11:34:23 AM »
I dont have to work tomorrow, but starting Monday I work ever day clear into next month 12 hours minimum each day. Really dreading it and rather unhappy about the whole thing.

In this economy that is something to be thankful for.  We have several members that have been out of work for half of 09'.

Offline Hon_Rev

• Master Force User
  • Drama free since '08
« Reply #393 on: October 11, 2009, 11:56:20 AM »
Yea I agree that working hard is better than no work! :'(

Im currently looking for a job in another state and cant wait to be busy and earning a paycheck! ;)

As far as venting goes...I was having a ruff day and my GF was being very loud in the house while I was on the computer. I was not angry but had a chance to say,"Hey be quiet! Its BLACK MAT TIME!"  :D

Im lucky I have such a understanding GF! ;)

"the undisputed bling master." Darth Inferis
REGAL JEDI by Hon_Rev

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
« Reply #394 on: October 11, 2009, 12:02:24 PM »
After reviewing my unicorn saber and posting it here I happened to be duelling with it last night and dropped it. I must have dislodged the board or damaged wires or something cos now it doesnt work!  >:( Darn my butterfingers!
Vaders Vault...PM sent.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #395 on: October 11, 2009, 02:05:50 PM »
Im thirty miles away from anything, bored to tears as I sit outside, with only my new cell phone to keep me from going insane... Im in an rv park up in the mountains with niehbors not even worthy of mention all over the place and I HATE IT! I have no other place to live...so I just have to deal and look forward to my trip to Reno to see my boyfriend for Thanksgiving... *sighs*
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline darthxanthus

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms
    • Xanthus Laboratories
« Reply #396 on: October 13, 2009, 12:40:46 AM »
BAH the CF release date is on the date of my Halloween party!!! :'(

I will not be able to sit at my computer and try to order anything! :-[

GRRRRRRRR!!! >:(
Find me on Facebook.  Look for Xanthus Laboratories fan page.

or on Imperial Royal Arms website!

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #397 on: October 13, 2009, 06:45:15 AM »
As long as you aren't in a salary position, you should be getting mad OT!  Think of the sabers you can buy!  LOL  Sorry, not trying to make light of your situation, but it's in my nature to try and find some positive in each situation I face, lotsa luck!

I am salaried so thats just my time given away for free. I agree that its good to have a job when some are out of work, but you can only be pushed so far until you hit the breaking point. After the last couple years of stuff like this I'm pretty sick of it.

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #398 on: October 13, 2009, 06:57:35 AM »
Sometimes, it helps to look at it from the Manager/Owners point of view.  I, too have asked my Department Heads to work longer hours to help quell the soaring costs of payroll. 
However, before I did this, I sat them all down in a meeting and SHOWED them that our establishement has NOT made a DIME in 2009.  In fact, we're about 400K BELOW budget and have a Net Operating Income of -125K year to date... which means... we're operating in the red.  SHowing them that, let's them know that this isn't GREEDY CORPORATE AMERICA trying to increase a profit margin... I'm just trying to keep our doors open and keep as many people employeed as possible.
I also showed them that there "counterparts" in other places were getting laid off, so the alternatives could be worse.

After that meeting, I didn't have any complaints about Salaried Managers working over 50 hours a week (50 hours is what Louisiana State Labor Laws requires of from a Salaried postion).  In fact, since my Department Heads make there own schedule and provide it to me weekly for approval, most of them are scheduling themselves at 60 hours, either 12 hour work days or 6 days a week at 10 hours per day.

At the end of each month, we collectively look at our EOM Profit & Loss statement and highlight the areas of savings.  This way, it gives the individual manager some PROOF that his or her efforts did INDEED help... and usually, it's a substancial difference.

But yeah, Guis... that is a pretty long stretch.  I plan on rewarding my guys at the end of the year, before Christmas...  with some unexpected $$$ bonuses... I hope yor Manager does the same. 
All you can do is take it one day at a time.   
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:26:50 AM by Master Jedye »

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline The Rebel

• Formerly known as Kyuubi
  • Master Force User
  • Rebel by nature, comedian by choice.
« Reply #399 on: October 13, 2009, 07:12:34 AM »
Last week my flash drive died... taking ALL of my work from this semester with it.

I know most of you would think, "Oh, should have backed it up!" but I couldn't. The class server that I usually back up my work on had been down for the past few days. On top of that, I had only had the flash drive for a month. It seemed that the cybergods conspired to get me. Luckily I only had one project on there that I hadn't turned in yet.

And since then, I've been trying to get a file recovery program that's actually free... unlike all of em have said so far.

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #400 on: October 13, 2009, 08:06:54 AM »
Well in my case its healthcare. We are a non-for-profit that acts like a greedy coporation. We haven't gotten bonuses in 4-5 years, barely anything for a raise to cover cost of living even, and the company is spending millions upon millions on new hospital, new buildings, equipment and software upgrades. While competitors around town struggle due the economy we have actually gained market share lost from them increasing our business. I work more than 40 every week of the year but when I'm on vacation, but that doesn't really bother me. Its got to the point now we are all working 80+ hours nearly every week and now they want our weekends to boot. So getting no reward at all for giving most of my life to my job just isn't very satisfying at all. If we got paid OT, got some of the time back, a good bonus, a non-crap raise...any one of those things it wouldn't bother me so bad. I probably won't even get a thank you for it. Not to mention its a 24x7x365 supported application so even when I get home I rarely get any peace even when I'm not the one on-call. I've been actively looking for something else, but there just isn't anything else around to have it seems still. Just trying to push through until I can see some light at the end of the tunnel if there is any. I don't see any end in sight for where I'm at now.

Offline Sith_Lord_Shadow

• Master Force User
  • Devastation20X Thats my LIVE Gamertag.
    • Gamers Club
« Reply #401 on: October 13, 2009, 01:01:04 PM »
Last week my flash drive died... taking ALL of my work from this semester with it.

I know most of you would think, "Oh, should have backed it up!" but I couldn't. The class server that I usually back up my work on had been down for the past few days. On top of that, I had only had the flash drive for a month. It seemed that the cybergods conspired to get me. Luckily I only had one project on there that I hadn't turned in yet.

And since then, I've been trying to get a file recovery program that's actually free... unlike all of em have said so far.

A flashdrive died? That sucks, I feel for you, I mean I've been there.
FX- Sabers Official ** smashes head into monitor ** Guy.

"Good things happen to good people, but sometimes you just have to wait."

Offline Darth Shivilow

• No Force
  • Like a Good sith Lord I sleep with my Do-Clo saber
« Reply #402 on: October 14, 2009, 09:21:33 AM »
Ok i will vent my worries and will keep it PG i promise but if you feel incline to cry with me i have a box of tissues to share with you.

I hate the fact that my family that i live with keeps getting onto me about getting a job plus disability saying that all i do is waste my life away. They think that i dont do anything at all but sit at home and watch tv what do they want me to do have a wookie stand next to me as i apply for the many jobs. Then have the wookie threaten to kill them cause they just dont have the job offerings at places like Mc Donnalds. My gosh this economy is down and ive been trying to get a job and SSI so i can have money in my pockets. Then I have the worries that I will end up in the nut house because of all the pressure they put me through because i dont have money. Then I couldn't go to school this semester cause i was late turning in my finalcial aid which was my bad but atlease i go back soon. Then I have a feeling that other people hate my style of role playing as a sith on other places. I really am sorry its just my style. I just wish everyone that i know would treat me nice cause this stress has made me depressed. Then my last vent is that i feel i will never get a saber wars community here in alabama and mite end up moving to NY just so i can have star wars saberist as friends! Gosh I really want this to happen but the cards are just not in my favore right now.

:'( :'( :'(
Sanity is a prison,there can only be madness,through madness I gain freedom,through freedom I gain power,through power,I achive evolution.Through evolution I am supreme,the force shall serve me.~Code of Malus,the new religion of the force

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #403 on: October 20, 2009, 10:18:19 PM »
I have been noticing some disrespect by certain newer people in the saber community recently. I will not mention names as I will not publicly diss or embarrass anyone, but what I have seen and heard firsthand is...

*People repackaging other people's work such as tutorials....and giving little or no credit to the original creator.
*People claiming they have "copyright" over certain saberbuilding techniques and publicly announcing it even though there are TONS of threads and vids dedicated to this specific technique by the true original creator...
*People calling certain sabersmith's sabers unoriginal and not creative...

I know all the people firsthand that have been disrespected and two of the three I consider good friends (the third I have met once but have talked to thru email and PM's and really like the dude)...all I am saying is...

If you are new to this hobby and are going to post something...THINK about what you are going to post first...DO SOME RESEARCH before posting...GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT IS DUE....I love being part of this community and I think it's just so not cool to post without thinking...(BTW, post counts don't make you a "master force user"...it's knowledge and experience on the hobby and the topics involved.

maybe I am just protective of my friends...but either way you slice it, disrespect whether unintentional or not is STILL disrespect.  >:(

Okay, Caine is done venting... :)

Offline Darth Frodo

• Experienced Force User
  • Ahhh..Does not compute..Ahhh..Your under arrest
« Reply #404 on: October 27, 2009, 07:45:27 AM »
I could hang myself right now because...... timeline
September: Sign up with pay pal and buy obi with ease
Last sunday: Tried to order parts for my first custom build from tcss and the credit card is not vaild with paypal anymore ???. so after an hour of being on hold I finally get told that i need to talk to credit card coimpanny .... so i ring credit card company and i have to wait till tuesday
Today I have to verify my card with pay pal and that takes 4 days ...

retrousse