fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239666 times)

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #360 on: September 06, 2009, 05:40:49 AM »
Romulus, that sucks! Sorry that happened to you.
Well today at 10:25am I was splattered all over the road in a bad motorcycle accident. The two things I was worried about was my Wife and my Motorcycle.
I thought I had just broke my leg. I didn't realize that their first mission was to save my life as I was dieing. Then it was on to saving my leg. As y'all know it is "saved" in a sense. It is useless however, to function. So, far this day is a little more emotional then I thought it would be. I think later I am going to sit on my bike and maybe start it up. No I won't dive it. Just, some therapy. My bike, God and me. The way it was that life changing day.
God bless!

Anyone wanting to help a great cause please visit here: http://www.myspace.com/tsalagicorey
And here: www.zazzle.com/coreycola*

19 days and counting to amputation

Offline Romulus

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2009, 08:48:08 AM »
Well today at 10:25am I was splattered all over the road in a bad motorcycle accident. The two things I was worried about was my Wife and my Motorcycle.
I thought I had just broke my leg. I didn't realize that their first mission was to save my life as I was dieing. Then it was on to saving my leg. As y'all know it is "saved" in a sense. It is useless however, to function. So, far this day is a little more emotional then I thought it would be. I think later I am going to sit on my bike and maybe start it up. No I won't dive it. Just, some therapy. My bike, God and me. The way it was that life changing day.
God bless!

Anyone wanting to help a great cause please visit here: http://www.myspace.com/tsalagicorey

Ok, nevermind, you get the stress cake.   :P

Are you getting a prosthetic?

Offline Delta48

• Mascot Clone Trooper
  • Master Force User
« Reply #362 on: September 06, 2009, 12:10:08 PM »
I have had the worse luck with computers lately...first my home computer's hard drive gets shot due to a brief power outage a couple of weeks ago.  Then last night something happened when I went to open up MSN Messenger, it gave me some sort of error and my laptop started to lag like a mofo.  So I initially rebooted it...well it would freeze before the Windows XP logo screen would come up.  I cursed under my breath for a few minutes and had to do a system restore to its original factory settings.  I wouldn't have mind so much normally but the fact I was working on an expanded sfx-free set for Revenge Of The Sith' score, it really irritated me.  I also had to redownload all the programs I had on here.
sounds like my problem except my Firefox browser keeps crashing cause my brother got too many add-ons for it

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
« Reply #363 on: September 09, 2009, 02:38:10 PM »
Well Northern Ireland lost an important World Cup Qualifying match tonight 2-0 to Slovakia. Not a good day for the boys in emerald green... :'(

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #364 on: September 09, 2009, 08:54:43 PM »
5 fracking hours in a dentist office... AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!! I wasn't even there for me! And then I went grocery shopping... stick a fork in me... I'm done
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Darth Vane

• Force User
  • me with my MR Luke ANH
« Reply #365 on: September 09, 2009, 11:01:32 PM »
God bless!

wow dude that realy sucks. hope things get better from here on out. i am sure gods got a plan.
Those Who Live in Darkness Wander Aimlessly....

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #366 on: September 09, 2009, 11:20:56 PM »
ARGH!!!!

WHY must people post SENSELESS posts on here????

For example....on a certain FOR SALE thread, as the seller tries to sell an item, someone posts:

Interested, but broke, sorry.  :'(

What does that have to do with anything? That doesn't help the seller AT ALL and adds nothing but senseless banter in the Trade Federation that shouldn't be there!

That person should have posted something here saying,"Darn it, I want this item BAD but can't afford it right now"....and it would have been OK....because this is a VENT thread.

I think people should focus more on the things they have as opposed to the things they don't have.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:08:21 AM by OBI-WAN KENOBI »

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #367 on: September 09, 2009, 11:55:58 PM »
What does that have to do with anything? That doesn't help the seller AT ALL and adds nothing but senseless banter in the Trade Federation that shouldn't be there!
A new TF rule is that if a seller doesn't want that banter, he/she must explicitly say so in the first post.
 :-\ Some like the banter, some don't.

I'm with you, Caine...I personally find it annoying. :P
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:26:59 AM by OBI-WAN KENOBI »

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #368 on: September 10, 2009, 04:16:20 AM »
A new TF rule is that if a seller doesn't want that banter, he/she must explicitly say so in the first post.
 :-\ Some like the banter, some don't.

I'm with you, Caine...I personally find it annoying. :P

that is correct it is per the seller. So unless its  your sale dont worry bout it, if the seller wishes it removed it will be, and if not then it is a free bump for that thread.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:27:38 AM by OBI-WAN KENOBI »

Offline Koza

• Shoop Da Woop!
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #369 on: September 10, 2009, 01:59:39 PM »
I'm not usually one to vent, but here it goes.

So, my roommate and I couldn't finish paying rent, so he went back home and so did I. So no college this fall. That's fine, gives me some time to think.

In the mean time I'm working on a mando costume, got a job as a security guard, doing some data entry for my dad on the side, and some costuming and other stuff for a film being done around here in Seattle, and I just finished up on my part of an SW prop project over at the 501st clone detachment. Cool beans, having some fun, working hard.

Well I'm losing interest fast in almost everything I'm doing. I get jazzed up when something happens or when people talk about doing something, but 9 times out of 10, it takes weeks, and I lose that adrenaline rush. What's the point?

Well, .....I don't know. I didn't used to think much about how people thought of me, but after going to college for a year, all that back talked freaked me out. As I grew up my parents kept pushing to keep up appearances whenever doing business with people, and that kinda how I felt I had to live for that whole year. I guess before I was more worried than I thought. I was overly protected as a kid. Didn't help. I don't know how I stand with my friends. Just freaked out by that back talk because EVERYONE were double faced. Talk behind someone's back but talk to there face all friendly like. I've dealt with it before, but... sheesh, what the heck?

Didn't exactly help with grades either. Got all worked up on both sides. The new degree curriculum I was going through wasn't structured that well, and I got over worked. And I'm not the only one who had a problem with that. Everyone in the new degree got shacked. I just feel inadequate now, though, regardless. I hate living up to everyone's expectations and I feel like.... I don't know... alone? When I try to talk out about all this, no one responds or gives me the same blasted answer "it'll get better". Hasn't worked in the last 10 years, don't think it's gonna start working anytime soon.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #370 on: September 10, 2009, 05:52:28 PM »
@ Koza:
Regarding the "back talk"...welcome to American culture. I have met very FEW people who aren't two-faced.
Everyone pretends and acts...it's all a game. And that's our culture. :-\
My advice? Think twice before listening to ANYTHING anyone says. "Listen" to actions, body language, and facial expressions...not words. ;)

School wise, life wise...will things get better? Not immediately. And nothing will ever be perfect.
Remember: There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow because the rainbow never ends.
So it is in life: if you put happiness on the achievement of some goal, you'll never be happy. There's always something else...something more... :-\
My advice: find happiness within yourself. You'll find sometimes that an ice cold Coca-Cola, or a favorite song, or sitting down to play a favorite video game can bring you all the happiness you'll ever need. Learn to enjoy the small things in life. That's why they're there. ;)

And if you ever need support, your fellow Jedi are here. ;D

Offline Aelde Renn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #371 on: September 10, 2009, 07:47:45 PM »
OK, so I've got an ongoing issue I'd like to vent on!  I retired from the military almost four years ago.  We bought a house, but told the mortgage company that things might get a bit tight for a month or so during the changeover from active duty pay to retired pay.  They assured us it would be no problem, they had ways to accommodate that.  Long story short, we got behind, got caught up, then got behind again.  In the course of all this, we changed mortgage companies three times, as they kept selling it.  Come to find out later, it was all they same overall company, just different entities.  The last one decided to foreclose as they felt we were not getting caught up to their satisfaction.  We managed to scrounge up the required funds to stop the foreclosure, but they completed the sale anyway, after accepting our money.  When we went to make our next scheduled payment, they said, "Sorry, we can't take your payment, you no longer own the house!"  We had received no notification of this.  In fact, we had received a letter saying the foreclosure WAS stopped.  This was 2 years ago, now.  We started legal proceedings, and finally, this week, we were supposed to go to court.  There was our case and an illegal detainer case filed against us.  The judge that was supposed to hear our case was scheduled the day before the illegal detainer hearing, since the outcome of ours could null and void the other.  This judge opted to combine the cases, even though we were told that we could not bring up our charges in relation to this illegal detainer!  When the judge looked at the documents today, she said it was all messed up and she had to research a few things, and would make her judgement afterwards.  It sounds like we are going to be out of luck, when all we have asked the mortgage company to do is remove the derogatory comments from our credit reports.  Since they never put the deed back in our name, no payments have been made, yet they still report us past due on payments on a house we don't even own!  Normally, I would say that we should not be living in the house, but the lawyer's advice was to stay in the house, and don't send any payments until either an agreement was reached, or we were forced out.  I truly hope this company does not get away with this, but I don't have a lot of faith in the judicial system right now!  I used to say that I spent 20+ years serving my country, and had no desire to leave it.  Now, I'm seriously considering not going back, rather bringing my family overseas with me.  I could not find a decent paying job in the States, so I came over here to Kuwait.  I don't want to stay here either, but I sometimes wonder if it's worth it to go home, when things like this are able to go on.   The good thing about coming over here is that I have made enough in the last year to almost completely wipe out what debt we had, and are on our way to creating a nice savings.  Unfortunately, regardless of how much money you have in the bank, with these derogatory comments on the credit report, we won't even be able to rent a decent place, much less buy.  It's just WRONG!

Anything worth doing is worth doing right; anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Offline Koza

• Shoop Da Woop!
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #372 on: September 12, 2009, 02:45:18 AM »
Jasher: Oh I don't I know it. Grown up in customer service all my life. The things people do lol. But that school year was just a constant beretting of it, it was overwhelming.

Thanks Jasher, that made my day ;D

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #373 on: September 12, 2009, 09:50:13 AM »
Got home from work yesterday and my dogs eye was covered in infection and sealed closed. I cleaned her up to find a white spot protruding out from her eye. Took her to the vet this morning without an appointment and had to wait three hours to be seen. Looks like she ran into something that poked a small hole in her eye and caused it to rupture. Best case scenario she'll lose a good bit of her site and worst case she'll lose the whole eye. Take her to the doggy eye doctor on Monday. Probably going to cost a fortune I don't have if they can even do anything. Really bummed out about it. She's one of the best dogs I've ever had and my dogs are like my kids. I know that sounds stupid to some people, but their the only family I have.

Offline Aelde Renn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #374 on: September 12, 2009, 10:19:22 AM »
DG,  So sorry to hear about your buddy's misfortune!  I completely understand what you mean about being part of your family.  My dogs are just more kids to my wife and I.  Here's hoping it is somehow manageable for you!

Anything worth doing is worth doing right; anything worth having is worth waiting for!

retrousse