fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239620 times)

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #345 on: August 19, 2009, 06:11:26 PM »
Just wanted to share this. I didn't see a tread for good news and this is where I have been posting updates about my stupid leg.
Anywho, I use to play the drums at my church back up in Indiana.  After my accident I couldn't play anymore. Or so I thought. I was in vited to night to play drums with my church down here in GA where I live now. It was a small set, 3 songs but, I did it. I played the bass with my bad leg! I am paying for it now but it was well worth it. When I was born I had to be brought out by C-section (I know that's not how you spell it but it works for me) because I had drumsticks in my hand. I have played professionally for around 20 years. So, a year of not playing drums was torture!
I made it through the whole set and everyone said it sounded great. I thought it was rusty but I have always been hard on myself.
PRAISE GOD! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #346 on: August 19, 2009, 06:36:58 PM »
That's awesome! It may hurt, but it works! That IMO is a blessing in and of itself.
And I think you're right...we really do need a "good news" thread. ;)

@ Caden: They're just jealous because they don't have the GUTS to be nerdy.

Offline Darth Eunice

• SAVANT TOGRUTA, SAGE OF YORE
  • Master Force User
« Reply #347 on: August 19, 2009, 10:22:54 PM »
Amptrooper: That's really good to hear! I also played drum for my church praise team for a few years, and I imagine how hard it must have been playing the bass part with your bad leg. It must have felt really good, though. I do see God's work in your life. :)

Ben Skywalker and Darth Caden: My school starts on August 31. I'm really unsatisfied with my schedule, which I picked up today. I have one of the hardest teachers for AP English Lit and AP Calculus and I'm not in the same AFJROTC periods with any of my friends so far! And there are 5 periods! >:(
As for the lightsaber thing: When I first showed my Anakin ROTS fx lightsaber to my friends, they thought it was pretty cool. They wanted one themselves! :D (I don't know if they meant that, though :D) I understand how you feel about those other kids, though. Ugh. I get ridiculed all the time at school- especially during uniform day for AFJROTC. However, I do have a few friends who like Star Wars- not as much as I do- but when I quote from the Star Wars, they know what I'm taking about! ;D
At least we have the wonderful members of this forum! ;D
May the Force be with you! :D

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #348 on: August 20, 2009, 06:54:14 AM »
For those of you who have seen my pics, I'm big enough to through down on some people! :D ;) i'm too peaceable though. I'll fight if they provoke me enough, or start picking on my friends, but i ignore them when they bother me personally. standign 6'1" and weighing 184 pounds is a very nice thing... :D Specially when a lot of my weight is muscle. :o 8)

Hooah!

As for teachers, my Algebra II honors teacher hates everyone unless they're on the school's girl's softball team. the highest my bro said I'll get is a low-B. (He's at USMA, so I tend to believe him) :D  I'm also takign film Critique, in which I get to make a movie! ;) :D guess what I'm going to do... ;D

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #349 on: August 21, 2009, 10:36:04 AM »
Just wanted to share this. I didn't see a tread for good news

Sounds like a great idea to me.  ;)  Why not cut and paste your last post and make it the first post in new thread.  Start out with a brief sentence or two description that the new thread can offset the bad news vent thread.

It's all you man.  Unless you don't want to.  But I'll start it if you don't.  ;) ;D

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #350 on: August 21, 2009, 11:41:41 AM »
Consider it done! ;D  Thanks!

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
« Reply #351 on: August 21, 2009, 10:25:23 PM »
So after paying my credit card bill online, the credit card company took ANOTHER payment via e-check from my bank account. I didn't know they could do that WITHOUT my authorization. >:(

Because I didn't have enough in my bank account to cover the cost of the SECOND payment, my bank account processed a cash advance from my other credit card (same company as my bank) to cover the cost. I didn't know they could do THAT, either. >:(

So after calling up the credit card company AND the bank from TAIWAN on my SATURDAY morning, and spending an HOUR on the phone, they said I'll get the money put back into my account in 72 hours.

But what about the $10 cash advance fee the bank charged me for? Or the $30 over-credit-limit fee for putting a cash advance on a card that didn't have a balance low enough to cover the costs? Or my two phone calls to the U.S. from TAIWAN? Who's gonna pay for that? >:( >:( >:(

If I've ever wanted to go Sith and put a lightsaber through someone's cerebral cortex, it's today. >:(

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
« Reply #352 on: August 21, 2009, 10:57:57 PM »
So after paying my credit card bill online, the credit card company took ANOTHER payment via e-check from my bank account. I didn't know they could do that WITHOUT my authorization. >:(

Because I didn't have enough in my bank account to cover the cost of the SECOND payment, my bank account processed a cash advance from my other credit card (same company as my bank) to cover the cost. I didn't know they could do THAT, either. >:(

So after calling up the credit card company AND the bank from TAIWAN on my SATURDAY morning, and spending an HOUR on the phone, they said I'll get the money put back into my account in 72 hours.

But what about the $10 cash advance fee the bank charged me for? Or the $30 over-credit-limit fee for putting a cash advance on a card that didn't have a balance low enough to cover the costs? Or my two phone calls to the U.S. from TAIWAN? Who's gonna pay for that? >:( >:( >:(

If I've ever wanted to go Sith and put a lightsaber through someone's cerebral cortex, it's today. >:(

If you gave them your account number and routing number (echeck) then you pretty much gave them permission to mess up your life forever.  >:( And your bank should only allow overdraft from a credit line if you specifically had them set it up like that. Make sure they remove that service if you no longer want it (or didnt ask for it in the first place).

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
« Reply #353 on: August 22, 2009, 02:19:21 AM »
If you gave them your account number and routing number (echeck) then you pretty much gave them permission to mess up your life forever.  >:( And your bank should only allow overdraft from a credit line if you specifically had them set it up like that. Make sure they remove that service if you no longer want it (or didnt ask for it in the first place).
Thanks for the pointer. I'm going to call my bank on Monday after the money has been put back in and have them cancel ALL of those "convenience" services.

And I'm cancelling that credit card that overdrew twice. I was going to keep it for emergencies, but if they're doing this crap, than they don't deserve my patronage.

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #354 on: August 22, 2009, 07:29:41 AM »
Sorry ot hear about the credit card issues Jasher. We have had this happen too. we just canceled the cards.

So, it's raining. Pouring like All get out, and the ditch along the property line begins to overflow. It's stopped up. I put on my rain slicker, my sandals, and get my shovel. Headign out there, i lost my sandals twice in the mud. Then it started lightning. We are putting up a carport, and right now, it's just frames. So, I'm standing in the pouring rain, under a metal frame in the lightning, trying to unclog a ditch. Got that picture in your mind? Now it gets better.

I coudln't unclog the ditch form 6 feet away. What do I do. I have to move do the embankment. In the process  My sandal escapes and goes whooshing away! It washed down the ditch about 75 feet before i finally caught it. So by that point I'm muddy and soaked. (And it's still lightning.)  I go back, stand in the water in the ditch, (At this point I didn't even care) unclog it, and trek back across the muddy ground, losing my sandal and sinking up to my ankles this time around.

My dog's tarp was also full of water. I had ot go out there, braving the soaking dog and the "landmines" ot punch holes in her tarp. all the water rushes down my arm and into my coat sleeve. More mud. Greeeeaaaat....

I get in the house, dry off a little, clean off the mud, and sit down. And it quits raining. :P :-\ :'(

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #355 on: August 23, 2009, 06:41:01 AM »
I have had the worse luck with computers lately...first my home computer's hard drive gets shot due to a brief power outage a couple of weeks ago.  Then last night something happened when I went to open up MSN Messenger, it gave me some sort of error and my laptop started to lag like a mofo.  So I initially rebooted it...well it would freeze before the Windows XP logo screen would come up.  I cursed under my breath for a few minutes and had to do a system restore to its original factory settings.  I wouldn't have mind so much normally but the fact I was working on an expanded sfx-free set for Revenge Of The Sith' score, it really irritated me.  I also had to redownload all the programs I had on here.

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #356 on: August 23, 2009, 06:52:16 AM »
I feel your pain, Vosk. I had to re-install Windows XP last week on my laptop due to a FATAL error (i think it had something to do with the Window Updates I installed)

Since I don't have the disk for this computer, I had to DL all it's drivers.  It's an Lenovo Thinkpad so there are literally HUNDREDS of drivers.  Each hotkey has it own.   ::)

EDIT:  Going back through this topic... we sure do have a lot of computer issues here.   :D

We should make a new topic for that... "You, your stupid computer and You" lol
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 07:01:25 AM by Master Jedye »

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
« Reply #357 on: September 01, 2009, 08:42:07 AM »
I am highly annoyed with Garbett Homes right now. My wife and I are building a condo with them. When we began this process they told us the building would be ready by the end of July. As the time got closer it was clear that that was not true. They told us maybe 2 more weeks, August 15 at the latest. So we put in our move out date for our current apartment as August 31st. We thought that would be plenty of time. But nooooooo... Now its looking like September 15th.
I spent Saturday driving back and forth between our old place and our storage unit with an F350 full of stuff, 4 trips of about 50 miles each way. What angers me is that Im just gona have to take another weekend to move it all from storage to our new place in a week or two. Why cant builders just be honest with their dates???

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
« Reply #358 on: September 03, 2009, 05:57:49 PM »
Why cant builders just be honest with their dates???
Afraid that they'll anger potential buyers? ??? ::)

Tough luck...how are the in-laws? Are they worthy of another post on this thread? :D j/k

Offline Romulus

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #359 on: September 03, 2009, 06:25:49 PM »
Nothing says high self-esteem like being cheated on then immediately dumped.
I think I take the stress cake.  ;D

retrousse